Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

I'm stoked to have a 5BW, but Shadow metallic going away for the '23 MY was a bummer, then BDT coming back for '24 MY has me disappointed as well.

BDT is a $1995 option IIRC. My local store has a regular V on order in BDT. Not sure if it's a dealer order or a customer order. I hope to get a look when it comes in.

Some more pics of coastal blue metallic
Screenshot 2023-10-14 181740.jpg
Screenshot 2023-10-14 181832.jpg
Screenshot 2023-10-14 181900.jpg

If something is not a constraint, what is the typical lead time for a custom build? I was quoted at 3-6 months and specifically asked about the UAW strikes and was told the 3-6 months is reliable. I did not order any carbon bits. CT4-V Blackwing Manual in Black Raven with sunroof and tan upgraded seats with climate package. I’m fine waiting the 6 months but if it’s going to be a year I would prefer to just buy something off a dealer lot. Is there anything specific I should be asking the dealer? From what I have gathered reading this thread, it would be 1) what # in line am I? And 2) do you have an allocation?

Anything else?

If something is not a constraint, what is the typical lead time for a custom build? I was quoted at 3-6 months and specifically asked about the UAW strikes and was told the 3-6 months is reliable. I did not order any carbon bits. CT4-V Blackwing Manual in Black Raven with sunroof and tan upgraded seats with climate package. I’m fine waiting the 6 months but if it’s going to be a year I would prefer to just buy something off a dealer lot. Is there anything specific I should be asking the dealer? From what I have gathered reading this thread, it would be 1) what # in line am I? And 2) do you have an allocation?

Anything else?
The major hold ups are going to be where you are in line if your dealer has a waitlist and how many allocations they get, and then once it's built how long it takes to get shipped. My wait for my 5BW was just under three months from placing my order to taking delivery. I got lucky and my dealer got a new allocation almost immediately after I called them. It also got shipped in a relatively reasonable amount of time. I think it took about a month and a half to get to the dealer after it was built. Shipping the cars is a complete crapshoot. Some people get their cars shipped almost immediately, and others wait and watch as their built car sits in a storage yard for three or more months.

Anything else?
You have a good understanding of what's likely to happen. I'll add, I decided to play 'both sides' in finding a car in dealer inventory (that is 90% of my ideal build) and I'll be buying that on Wednesday...and have KEPT a standing order in with a local dealer for my ideal build.

Two thoughts in your pursuit of a 4 (and if you also want to play both sides).
1. I'd suggest you search for a slightly used one, as you should be able to buy it well under MSRP.
2. Remember we enjoy a nice tax savings if we buy from a private party (even out-of-state) when we register in Illinois. Meaning, I suggest you start your used search for a private party seller (if you're comfortable with that) and pick-up a nice coupon--which will help ease the pain when you trade-in the car for your ordered one.

Finally, while I have no insight on what really will happen; I agree with the estimate of 3-6 months on a new CT4BW order...especially if you can verify your order is 'first' in the line to be picked-up (as @ukcats12 mentioned).

You have a good understanding of what's likely to happen. I'll add, I decided to play 'both sides' in finding a car in dealer inventory (that is 90% of my ideal build) and I'll be buying that on Wednesday...and have KEPT a standing order in with a local dealer for my ideal build.

Two thoughts in your pursuit of a 4 (and if you also want to play both sides).
1. I'd suggest you search for a slightly used one, as you should be able to buy it well under MSRP.
2. Remember we enjoy a nice tax savings if we buy from a private party (even out-of-state) when we register in Illinois. Meaning, I suggest you start your used search for a private party seller (if you're comfortable with that) and pick-up a nice coupon--which will help ease the pain when you trade-in the car for your ordered one.

Finally, while I have no insight on what really will happen; I agree with the estimate of 3-6 months on a new CT4BW order...especially if you can verify your order is 'first' in the line to be picked-up (as @ukcats12 mentioned).
Thanks. I do plan on looking at new inventory while I wait to get some more confirmation on my new build and see how that progresses. I hadn’t realized about the tax savings and buying private party. Unfortunately there have not been many local used Blackwings, but I have been searching. Most everything I’m coming across is still in the 60’s, with how I have mine specced I will also be in the 60’s so I prefer to just buy new, especially with a performance oriented vehicle.

Short FYI, today I visited my dealer who placed my 5BW order in early September, and I DELETED the Parking Package from my order.
We shall see if my order gets picked up now, as I believe it's ONLY the 6MT as the last true 'constraint snag' with my build.

Short FYI, today I visited my dealer who placed my 5BW order in early September, and I DELETED the Parking Package from my order.
We shall see if my order gets picked up now, as I believe it's ONLY the 6MT as the last true 'constraint snag' with my build.

I ordered a 6MT in the beginning of August and it was just produced two weeks ago, 10/23. Still waiting on shipping.

Midnight steel metallic
Carbon ceramic brakes
Bronze calipers
Natural Tan full semi-aniline seats w/o CF seatback
PDR
Tech bronze wheels
Sueded microfiber steering wheel and shifter
Black lug nuts
Black mirror caps

I had to remove the black nameplates and CF seatbacks for the order to get picked up. I never spec'ed the parking package or moonroof so can't confirm if those were constrained for me.

Well we might have longest wait 2 + YEARS since we first placed order 10/25/21! This go around refused to compromise on anything, thanks to our A10 BW the wait for 6 spd wasn’t an issue. Thanks to BWK Dustin at Sewell’s Dallas TPW11/20.😎

Surprised the 6MT is on constraint still. I’m seeing newer 2024 ones coming with 6MT. BTW, what is your impression driving the cyber yellow 6MT? Enjoying it? I assume it confirms your decision to continue with new order.

Surprised the 6MT is on constraint still. I’m seeing newer 2024 ones coming with 6MT. BTW, what is your impression driving the cyber yellow 6MT? Enjoying it? I assume it confirms your decision to continue with new order.
I have no insight on what is still really on constraint. My 2024 6MT was made in September; so, I'm of the thought that 6MT constraints are short duration, on/off events.
I'm definitely still in the 'dating phase' with the car, no particular priority in my observations but so far:
  • I love the color. Tons of metallic. BIG conversation starter.
  • More than 70% of the people who comment on the car have NO idea it's Blackwing or why a Blackwing matters (and I like that).
  • The mid-tier seats are fine, but WOW I don't care for the 'all black'. Chasing the tan semi-aniline seats with NO CF backs like @Mutz and many others have done is of huge importance for my long term satisfaction.
  • WOW, I dislike the black wheels. About time for me to start a post and see if anyone wants to trade.
  • Winter wheels and other wheel sets in general are NOT cheap...so, the black ones are most likely to endure for the winter--and this car will go into 'nice day duty only' really soon.
  • I like the painted rear diffuser that the standard V-series gets (see more about that below).
  • I can't adjust and settle into liking the rear view camera mirror. As mentioned prior, it's a big factor of my declining vision. Additionally, dumping the parking package is going to make it slightly easier to add a hitch and I'll likely paint the rear diffuser when I do the hitch.
  • It's an amazing work of chassis engineering. All the recent articles aren't hyperbole. Yet, it's still a BIG car...but is it big / useful enough for me to live without my 2017 Cayenne?
  • You can be really lazy (chill) about shifting. Around town shift a little or a lot; it honestly doesn't care.
  • It's disappointing I can't reduce the scope of the menu on the main dashboard. (Meaning the features controlled by the arrows on the right side of the steering wheel.) I really like the interface...but stupid I have to 'scroll past' many items when it's the trip / mileage information and Sirius / infotainment I want to go between often.
  • The AKG is 'better' with some level of 'surround' turned up and the bass at +4 to +6. However, it's mind boggling they didn't do real subwoofers and have left 'big bass' to the 6"x9" in the rear deck. Just DUMB when you see your rearview mirror shaking at moderate volume because of the low rent system design.
...and yet, she's HOT. And we ARE going to keep dating at this point.

I'm not sure what's going on with shipping for everyone else, but my dealer just received my 5BW today. It was built week of 10/23. Ordered on 8/15. I'll take the 3 month wait. I was #5 on my dealers list when I placed the order but I'm guessing some of the other orders were more picky on constrained options.

20231111_124215.jpg
20231111_124250.jpg
20231111_124222.jpg

Grats! Midnight Steel is growing on me, works nicely withe body lines.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back