Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

FWIW ... 6:35

As per the GM memo: "the supplier is discontinuing the carbon fibre operations effective January 31st"

It's just a question of whether this is the same supplier that makes all other CF parts for GM.
Yeah, GM is going to have multiple suppliers no question.

Anybody in the Atlanta area have a blackwing with carbon 1 package?

I would love to have a ct5 blackwing come by the race shop and see if we can make some molds. We have 3D scanning and all kinds of machines to make the molds and produce the parts.

Athens,Ga

Any updates on the constraints? The carbon fiber seats for the CT5-V have been at 0% forever now....

Hey everyone! We did get a new constraint report this week.

CT4-V BW - 20%
CT4-V BW - Both CF Packs - 0%

CT5-V BW - 13%
CT5-V BW - Both CF Packs and CF Seat Backs - 0%
Does this mean If I tell my dealer only CF1 there’s a shot?

That means those who ordered with CF are gonna get built?
0% means no orders sitting at 1100 are getting approved to be built for whatever option is listed as 0% - in this case, CF1, CF2 and the seats with CF backs. . If your order has already left the gate, so to speak, you'll need to monitor your exact order for any status code changes. But if your order is sitting at 1100 and you have any option with Carbon Fiber, your order will not be accepted by Cadillac regardless if your dealer gets an allocation. You would need to drop all CF options in order for your dealer to submit your order with an allocation.

Thanks.
And if I follow correctly that’s updated weekly or bi-weekly or so, making it a picture of what’s going on at the time of the info?
(Apologies if this should be obvious but I’m new to the forum.)

Last edited:
Thanks.
And if I follow correctly that’s updated weekly or bi-weekly or so, making it a picture of what’s going on at the time of the info?
(Apologies if this should be obvious but I’m no to the forum.)
Constraints are updated to the dealers every Thursday. We have a very nice gentleman in the Forum who shares the info with us with the understanding we treat the info as "confidential" :)

What @MrsCTS-V said. Also, if your dealer gets an allocation and your number is up but you have something in your build that’s on constraint, they should call you and let you know that they can build your car if you remove the constrained items. Nobody told me this until I was on my 4th call (or so) to the sales manager at my local dealership. They shouldn’t pass up your order to go to the next person that doesn’t have carbon, etc.

What @MrsCTS-V said. Also, if your dealer gets an allocation and your number is up but you have something in your build that’s on constraint, they should call you and let you know that they can build your car if you remove the constrained items. Nobody told me this until I was on my 4th call (or so) to the sales manager at my local dealership. They shouldn’t pass up your order to go to the next person that doesn’t have carbon, etc.
Getting back to my “% of” question: So what would be a “normal” % in terms of what one would expect in pre-pandemic times for a car that had a waiting list because of strong demand?
Or more specifically, what kind of % should I look out for as representing a “healthy” %, one that would indicate that Cadillac was building at a pace to keep up with demand?
If I understand correctly I'm guessing it varies depending on production schedules and week-to week demand, so maybe occasionally 100%, but not typically?

Getting back to my “% of” question: So what would be a “normal” % in terms of what one would expect in pre-pandemic times for a car that had a waiting list because of strong demand?
Or more specifically, what kind of % should I look out for as representing a “healthy” %, one that would indicate that Cadillac was building at a pace to keep up with demand?
If I understand correctly I'm guessing it varies depending on production schedules and week-to week demand, so maybe occasionally 100%, but not typically?
When there is no constraints…

Stuff gets build at 100%

If you get 100 allocations for ct5

The dealer decides how many of those are blackwings and then the options etc etc.

We are not living in those times unfortunately :(

The carbon fiber situation is pretty bad…

The percentage basically represents the portion of all CT4 or CT5 allocations (including non V-series) that are available for ordering that week. So 0% means that 0 allocations were given that week for the entire country, 5% would represent a maximum of 5% of the total allocations for that week, and so on. So if your dealer has 2 CT5 allocations this week, with a 5% constraint, that's 0.1 car, which basically means zero Blackwings. If the same dealer has 20 CT5 allocations, they might get 1 Blackwing. It gets a bit more complex than that, but you get the gist. This info comes from the constraints report which is distributed to dealers as a PDF every Thursday, so any dealer that has any clue about ordering cars should be able to pull up this info for you in about 30 seconds!

What do the 20% and 13% mean?

Is it that 20% of all 4BW and 13% of all 5BW orders are being accepted?
See above for Powwaah's explanation.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners