Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

Not for nothing, and as I understand it, dropping CF doesn't get your car built faster. It's all about your dealer allocation. No allocation, no car. If your dealer gets an allocation, they "should" call you and say, drop the CF and we go forward. Keep the CF, allocation goes to the next guy.
That's part of it, but if an allocation comes up for your dealer, someone with a non-CF order is likely going to get built before your order that has CF due to the constraints, even if that person placed their order after you did.

@jwolf99 ......that's kinda...what...I...said. GM will build what they can. That's what my dealer said. I'm first, but I have CF. He told me he would call me and ask if I want to drop it. If so, mine gets built. If not, allocation goes to next order.

No new constraints or allocations posted this week, probably because of the holiday. My dealer contact seems to think the same next week, but I'll update here again next Thursday regardless. Merry Christmas everyone!
Thanks for all your efforts. Merry Christmas !

As far as carbon fiber goes my build has none. No CF seat backs or CF trim options. Build is still sitting on the side lines after a 4 month wait. And if the rumors are true about the M6 being in short supply my order has the A10 since the beginning.

@powwaah .......any news, changes or updates on constraints? Since we're into the new year, I was curious. Thanks!

No worries if no news ..... we don't want to get our buddy into trouble - gotta make sure he doesn't "busted" for sharing info with us. We'll carry on waiting patiently.

Another source told me that constraints were not available to view in GM Workbench this last week, so maybe something this next week will show up.

Another source told me that constraints were not available to view in GM Workbench this last week, so maybe something this next week will show up.
I have one dealer tell me constraints man, CF constraints another dealer with my order...Nah..Man no constraints?
LOL....it's all bullshit if you ask me.

I have one dealer tell me constraints man, CF constraints another dealer with my order...Nah..Man no constraints?
LOL....it's all bullshit if you ask me.
The constrains report here is legit.

CF packages are running very very low

Sorry guys! No new updates here. There hasn't been a new constraints report since mid-December and I believe the next one will be next week.
Take your time. Keep us updated as long as it doesn’t affect you.

No matter the report or not… we will get a car either now or later.

My build went from a TPW of 1/17 to 2/28 .. Today it's back at a TPW of 1/17 and status 3400.. Can we take this as a sign things improved over the past week or so? Even if temporarily.
I will take it! Heck, maybe a call to myself from dealer saying, "Cadillac has picked up the order" as sign! I will just go back to my empty garage and keep sorting out my nuts/washer bins...

Apparently word on the street is that the CF supplier for Corvettes went bust.

Anyone know if it's true and if so if it't the same company that does CF parts for Caddy?

If so it might be a loooooong wait until CF becomes available again.

Last edited:
Apparently word on the street is that the CF supplier for Corvettes went bust.

Anyone know if it's true and if so if it't the same company that does CF parts for Caddy?

If so it might be a loooooong wait until CF becomes available again.
Word on the street is usually incorrect! A shortage of CF has been around long before COVID and then COVID hit...so we wait.

Word on the street is usually incorrect! A shortage of CF has been around long before COVID and then COVID hit...so we wait.

FWIW ... 6:35

As per the GM memo: "the supplier is discontinuing the carbon fibre operations effective January 31st"

It's just a question of whether this is the same supplier that makes all other CF parts for GM.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back