Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

There are mom and pop shops that could do the carbon fiber bits all across the country. Carbon fiber is no longer an exotic material. Baffles me that this is still a supply issue. Must be a legal thing.

There are mom and pop shops that could do the carbon fiber bits all across the country. Carbon fiber is no longer an exotic material. Baffles me that this is still a supply issue. Must be a legal thing.
Unions probably

Unions probably
More likely much more difficult to manage and ensure quality, quantity, and schedule with a herd of cats supplying your production line than one or two major manufacturers. Also, if it's a raw materials problem, that hits everyone.

Last edited:
I wonder if the Carbon Fiber supplier is the same for BW's and the Corvette's ?? In the gmauthority article

Corvette C8 Engine Appearance And Lighting Package Constrained​

The constraint will be the result of the supplier discontinuing carbon fiber operations effective January 31st. It is currently unclear if GM will move to a new supplier.

I saw, but didn't read the above article yet. I did read an article a few weeks ago about the Corvette carbon supplier stopping production end of the month. The Corvette family is going crazy, especially with the Z06 coming out. I understand it is carbon heavy. Makes me wonder how it will effect the 2022 BW's going forward.

There's also the threat of a Corvette plant strike, which will effect 5BW engine production.

I saw, but didn't read the above article yet. I did read an article a few weeks ago about the Corvette carbon supplier stopping production end of the month. The Corvette family is going crazy, especially with the Z06 coming out. I understand it is carbon heavy. Makes me wonder how it will effect the 2022 BW's going forward.

There's also the threat of a Corvette plant strike, which will effect 5BW engine production.
The first year may be the last.. If so, will be a true collectors.

The first year may be the last.. If so, will be a true collectors.
I can't even imagine that happening. These cars are so wanted, so well reviewed, such money makers for GM and it's dealers. That said, in our crazy, can't get parts, going to EV times, who knows.

I know what it's like to contract with large corporations like GM. I had a contract with Intel, and they were a nightmare to work with and you end up losing money dealing with them. So, in the end I cancelled the contract and never to go after Intel business ever again.

They switch suppliers but they gotta go to get Bids and vet the bidders etc etc.

Figure the production will follow Camaro production?

Looks like 2024 is the end of the road for the Camaro.

D.

I know what it's like to contract with large corporations like GM. I had a contract with Intel, and they were a nightmare to work with and you end up losing money dealing with them. So, in the end I cancelled the contract and never to go after Intel business ever again.

we are also losing money on one of our largest customers.. It's justified by calling this a 'Strategic Customer' and 'Capturing Market Share' ... =/

Figure the production will follow Camaro production?

Looks like 2024 is the end of the road for the Camaro.

D.
You know, I'd agree with that. They say there will be a 2023 MY. 2024 makes sense to be the last MY if the Camaro is done then. The Lyriq will be out for two years by then, plus maybe another EV. Yup, yup, makes perfect sense.

we are also losing money on one of our largest customers.. It's justified by calling this a 'Strategic Customer' and 'Capturing Market Share' ... =/

Chuckling at these comments, in sympathy. I've worked on both sides of the equation. Big companies are nightmares to do business with. Then they scratch their heads and wonder why their "vendor partners" don't want to bid anymore.

Also laughing at losing money on a large customer. The key thing to realize is that, although the company may be losing money, *someone* in the company or some group is getting a huge reward for landing a huge contract. Personal goals are NOT the same as company goals! Nothing that hasn't been covered in a Dilbert strip. See item #2 here:

I wonder if the Carbon Fiber supplier is the same for BW's and the Corvette's ?? In the gmauthority article

Corvette C8 Engine Appearance And Lighting Package Constrained​

The constraint will be the result of the supplier discontinuing carbon fiber operations effective January 31st. It is currently unclear if GM will move to a new supplier.
Based on an off the record comment from an engineer at the Escalade V reveal…yes.

They’re working hard to source a new supplier(s) as this was very much not expected on Gm’s part.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back