Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

I would think they would have contracts with their suppliers that would prevent this kind of thing from happening. Termination clauses that give them enough time to find an alternate, etc.

Last edited:
Some interesting news this week... both Blackwing models are at 100% constraint, meaning the allocations for CT4 and CT5 this week are ONLY for Blackwings. That doesn't necessarily mean there will be more in terms of quantity, but who knows. Also, all CF still at 0%.

Some interesting news this week... both Blackwing models are at 100% constraint, meaning the allocations for CT4 and CT5 this week are ONLY for Blackwings. That doesn't necessarily mean there will be more in terms of quantity, but who knows. Also, all CF still at 0%.
Well, THAT is good news! Now, if we could just get carbon to 100%. Thanks as always for your information

Hopefully, that'll move some folks past 1100.

En anglais s'il vous plait?
More seriously, I’m still struggling to understand the constraints language.
Hence these questions:
Why does 100% mean only Blackwings are getting allocations and not any other CT4s and CT5s?
And if 100% of Blackwing orders are somehow going ahead (if that’s what this means), how can it be that 0% of CF orders are advancing?
Apologies if I’m being thick but I’m relatively new around here and still trying to understand all the terminology being thrown about as well as, specifically, what a post like this means for those who are on waiting lists like me or who actually have an order in.

En anglais s'il vous plait?
More seriously, I’m still struggling to understand the constraints language.
Hence these questions:
Why does 100% mean only Blackwings are getting allocations and not any other CT4s and CT5s?
And if 100% of Blackwing orders are somehow going ahead (if that’s what this means), how can it be that 0% of CF orders are advancing?
Apologies if I’m being thick but I’m relatively new around here and still trying to understand all the terminology being thrown about as well as, specifically, what a post like this means for those who are on waiting lists like me or who actually have an order in.
It’s means that 100% of CT4’s and CT5’s that are built this week will be blackwings. 100% of CT4 and CT5 allocations for this week are for blackwings

It’s means that 100% of CT4’s and CT5’s that are built this week will be blackwings. 100% of CT4 and CT5 allocations for this week are for blackwings
It means that if the a dealer gets 10 allocations for ct4/ct5

They could order all of them as BWs….

Problem is number 2 dealer got 12 allocations…

That means a top 20 dealer is not seeing more than 2-3 allocations if not less….

At that point, I might just ADD carbon fiber to my order if the dealer gets it in the allocation, just on principle.
Don’t hold your breath. I’d start researching an aftermarket CF package.

Very doable and I’m sure it won’t cost 9k

BMW’s M division clearly had no problems with their carbon fiber suppliers. Just read an article that the new M3/M4 set the all time M records for sales with BMW. And people hated the grille and still bought it. It was slightly under 120k units sold already. Went to link the article and lost it

Don’t hold your breath. I’d start researching an aftermarket CF package.

Very doable and I’m sure it won’t cost 9k
I actually don't like carbon fiber on the outside of the car. ESPECIALLY that spoiler that comes with CF1. It's just too flashy, which I guess is the point of carbon fiber in the first place, since it's often times HEAVIER than a plastic pieces it replaces.

BMW’s M division clearly had no problems with their carbon fiber suppliers. Just read an article that the new M3/M4 set the all time M records for sales with BMW. And people hated the grille and still bought it. It was slightly under 120k units sold already. Went to link the article and lost it
I have an M4 Competition xDrive on order for about 2 weeks. My build does have the carbon exterior package for $4700, so it is similar to a CF1 cost wise. The cool thing about the M3/M4 is the roof is entirely carbon fiber as standard. They look amazing in person. Ironically, there have been reports in recent days that future builds might not get the roof as supply is low. My car is scheduled to complete production about the 3rd week of March and the parts are all OK so far.

Before the Blackwing dropped, this car was my first choice. But the manual LT4 is my interest here, and at this point, I am trying to buy both. I hate car loans, so hopefully I can scratch a check for the Caddy after doing so for the M4.

My CT5-V Blackwing 6MT does have CF1 specified, but I already told my dealer it is OK to ditch it if it gets me a car. I am going to amend the build and drop it since the BMW will have the carbon. I'll let the Caddy be the ultimate sleeper... even though my M4 will be faster!

I have an M4 Competition xDrive on order for about 2 weeks. My build does have the carbon exterior package for $4700, so it is similar to a CF1 cost wise. The cool thing about the M3/M4 is the roof is entirely carbon fiber as standard. They look amazing in person. Ironically, there have been reports in recent days that future builds might not get the roof as supply is low. My car is scheduled to complete production about the 3rd week of March and the parts are all OK so far.

Before the Blackwing dropped, this car was my first choice. But the manual LT4 is my interest here, and at this point, I am trying to buy both. I hate car loans, so hopefully I can scratch a check for the Caddy after doing so for the M4.

My CT5-V Blackwing 6MT does have CF1 specified, but I already told my dealer it is OK to ditch it if it gets me a car. I am going to amend the build and drop it since the BMW will have the carbon. I'll let the Caddy be the ultimate sleeper... even though my M4 will be faster!
Is it easier now to tune/mod bmws?

Is it easier now to tune/mod bmws?
I have no idea. Never owned a BMW before. Motor and tranny seem well regarded. It will be a 4 season car for me with AWD and some winter tires. The only mods I have ever played with are lifting trucks and adding off road equipment. And some crazy audio systems in my younger days, when the system was worth 5x the car :cool:

I have no idea. Never owned a BMW before. Motor and tranny seem well regarded. It will be a 4 season car for me with AWD and some winter tires. The only mods I have ever played with are lifting trucks and adding off road equipment. And some crazy audio systems in my younger days, when the system was worth 5x the car :cool:
Ah it’s because you mentioned that it’s going to be faster than the 5 and well that would mean it’s gotta be modded since they compare more to the ct4 bw in terms of stock numbers

The stock M3 been timed at 3.1 to 60. It is an automatic with AWD. BMW lists it at 3.4. All relative, weather dependent and all the other usual variants. Maybe the CT5-V Blackwing can run that, I don't think the stock manual can.

Tenths of a second, not much different. I have a friend who has a 66 Fairlane that runs low 8 second 1/4 miles (and has in fact broken 8 too). Now that is different!

The stock M3 been timed at 3.1 to 60. It is an automatic with AWD. BMW lists it at 3.4. All relative, weather dependent and all the other usual variants. Maybe the CT5-V Blackwing can run that, I don't think the stock manual can.

Tenths of a second, not much different. I have a friend who has a 66 Fairlane that runs low 8 second 1/4 miles (and has in fact broken 8 too). Now that is different!
Ahhh!! Drag times! Ok that’s a traction matter…. I promise you when someone gets serious with a BW they will add some serious rubber and launch with some grip and it will essentially pick up a second.

That said I’m more of a twisty guy myself so that’s the type of speed I was referring too where power and chassis is the determining factor.

Ahhh!! Drag times! Ok that’s a traction matter…. I promise you when someone gets serious with a BW they will add some serious rubber and launch with some grip and it will essentially pick up a second.

That said I’m more of a twisty guy myself so that’s the type of speed I was referring too where power and chassis is the determining fact

LT4 is a monster. No comparison to anything else in the class really. As I mentioned in another thread, my plan has always been the manual CTV-5 Blackwing. I really want nothing else. But I sat in the BMW and was enthralled with the interior. I will give Cadillac credit for a better driver display, but everything else about the M, especially the seats, makes me want to be in the BMW. It would be an amazing pair - one 4 door one coupe, one supercharged one turbocharged, one 8 and one 6, one RWD and 1 AWD, one manual and one auto, one American and one German. I could care less how much gas climbs to. Gotta get these vehicles in the garage while they are still available.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back