Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

Dealer also said there were only 11 5BW available this week.
If I may impose, please . . . Can you find out the complete constraints list for 5BWs from your dealer? Curious if CF1 and CF2 are still at 0% . . . . as well as the HMR seats! Thanks!

Apparently Infrared Tintcoat is on constraint for the 5BW, not sure about 4BW. I just got an allocation after waiting for a year, and had to change to wave blue to get the order submitted. A little bummed, but I was sort of contemplating that color at one point anyway.
Hmmm my allocation came up for 5BW a few weeks ago and mine is Infrared Tintcoat, currently at 3000, I sure hope that doesn't delay my car.

Hmmm my allocation came up for 5BW a few weeks ago and mine is Infrared Tintcoat, currently at 3000, I sure hope that doesn't delay my car.
Allocations and constraints are week by week. So, if you had your order accepted with Infrared, it'll go through, most likely. They didn't stop infrared completely, it seems since there were 2 of the 11 cars allocated with infrared.

If I may impose, please . . . Can you find out the complete constraints list for 5BWs from your dealer? Curious if CF1 and CF2 are still at 0% . . . . as well as the HMR seats! Thanks!
I was told Friday by my dealer that all CF would remain 0 for remainder of MY2022.

Apparently working hard so that MY2023 doesn’t have CF constraints.

Allocations and constraints are week by week. So, if you had your order accepted with Infrared, it'll go through, most likely. They didn't stop infrared completely, it seems since there were 2 of the 11 cars allocated with infrared.
Makes sense, we'll see. Hopefully you are right. Thanks for updates.

So when do the order banks open for MY ‘23 anyway? 😉

I know, nobody knows but I will ask this question once every 6 weeks or so. I want to make sure that I’m first on the list for a ‘23. Well, I’m first on the list for a ‘22 at my dealer, we see where that got me…
I'm #1 on 2 lists so far for a 4BW. I'll keep trying to get on lists until someone somewhere gives me the fix I need.

I have. I can't remember if it was Corvette or other Cadillacs, but I have seen that before. I am guessing that the infrared uses a different process, which is why it's more expensive, but that's just a guess. Similar to the Dark Emerald Frost.
I work in the colorants industry and there has been a global shortage on certain organic pigments including some reds for almost a year. My guess is that the constraints are related to these shortages

So when do the order banks open for MY ‘23 anyway? 😉

I know, nobody knows but I will ask this question once every 6 weeks or so. I want to make sure that I’m first on the list for a ‘23. Well, I’m first on the list for a ‘22 at my dealer, we see where that got me…
MY 23 info was posted by Rob in this thread:

You can order in May.

2023 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Production​

• 2023 CT4 and CT5 (including Blackwing) production begins on 7/11/2022
  • Initial Consensus Month/Cycle: May/2
  • Initial DOSP Cycle: 5/26/2022
  • Order Entry Availability: 5/5/2022

this is new? anyone see or hear about this? this is showing on the 4bw $600 climate package for the performance seats. I don't see anything on the gm constraints news

"Heated and ventilated driver and front passenger seats (on CT4-V, certain vehicles built on or 3-14-2022 will not be equipped with heated or ventilated driver and front passenger seats. Contact a dealer for details or check the window label for the features on a specific vehicle"

Attachments

• seat cosntraint.png
    seat cosntraint.png
    875.2 KB · Views: 129
this is new? anyone see or hear about this? this is showing on the 4bw $600 climate package for the performance seats. I don't see anything on the gm constraints news

"Heated and ventilated driver and front passenger seats (on CT4-V, certain vehicles built on or 3-14-2022 will not be equipped with heated or ventilated driver and front passenger seats. Contact a dealer for details or check the window label for the features on a specific vehicle"
Most likely that is for the ct4/regular ct4-V. The blackwings are most likely exempt, just like the heated steering wheels.

Most likely that is for the ct4/regular ct4-V. The blackwings are most likely exempt, just like the heated steering wheels.
That's what I was thinking, but it explicitly showed up on the bw cold weather package and the steering wheel constraint below it also only said "certain v models" even though the blackwing is affected. Hopefully that's the case since it doesn't even say anything about retrofits expected in Q4 or something

That's what I was thinking, but it explicitly showed up on the bw cold weather package and the steering wheel constraint below it also only said "certain v models" even though the blackwing is affected. Hopefully that's the case since it doesn't even say anything about retrofits expected in Q4 or something
Does the same message show up when you configure a regular CT4/V?

Yeah just checked and it's the same message. Hopefully this only affects the main seats on the regular v? Idk though I'm getting fed up with features getting constrained that I really use
Well, they are saying early Q3, so it could all be good by the time you need it. An inconvenience for sure, but at this point getting a car is the bigger part of the deal IMO. :) With the current state of the world, they are now warning of more chip shortages being a possibility. :(

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back