Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

GM Confirms Key Production Dates for the Cadillac V-Series Blackwing

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
Cadillac dealers have received key start and stop production dates for the 2022 Cadillac V-Series Blackwing and 2023 Cadillac V-Series Blackwing.

2022 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Production​

• 2022 CT4 and CT5 (including Blackwing) production comes to an end on 7/7/2022.
  • Final Consensus Month/Cycle: May/1
  • Final DOSP Cycle: 5/19/2022

2023 Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Production​

• 2023 CT4 and CT5 (including Blackwing) production begins on 7/11/2022
  • Initial Consensus Month/Cycle: May/2
  • Initial DOSP Cycle: 5/26/2022
  • Order Entry Availability: 5/5/2022

Cadillac dealers have received key start and stop production dates for the 2022 Cadillac V-Series Blackwing and 2023 Cadillac V-Series Blackwing.

• 2022 CT4 and CT5 (including Blackwing) production comes to an end on 7/7/2022.

I don't know what some of that means but thanks!

I don't know what some of that means but thanks!
tongue goat GIF

It just means it continues for another year :chuckle

So what happens if you have a '22 order and they can't build it by July? Would it just become a '23 order?

So what happens if you have a '22 order and they can't build it by July? Would it just become a '23 order?
They will cancel the order at which point your Cadillac dealer should reach out to you to confirm cancellation and ask if you want to order a 2023.

Great to see confirmation of the 2023 model. I think we all knew it was coming and that GM wasn't going to build these for one model year but its nice to see that those of us still waiting aren't going to suddenly have the rug pulled out from under us.

Thanks Rob

They will cancel the order at which point your Cadillac dealer should reach out to you to confirm cancellation and ask if you want to order a 2023.

I checked with my dealer today to see if his info matched yours.. He confirmed the TPW and also stated that most other BW orders in his queue have been cancelled!

I checked with my dealer today to see if his info matched yours.. He confirmed the TPW and also stated that most other BW orders in his queue have been canceled!
o_O
Canceled?

o_O
Canceled?
Damn.. You quoted me before I could fix my spelling error.. Here is the text verbatim.

Eric the last update that we have is that your car is going to be built the week of January 17 which means next week

Everything is going really really slow most of the black wings for now have been canceled.
As soon as I have confirmation that your car has been built I will let you know

Damn.. You quoted me before I could fix my spelling error.. Here is the text verbatim.

Eric the last update that we have is that your car is going to be built the week of January 17 which means next week

Everything is going really really slow most of the black wings for now have been canceled.
As soon as I have confirmation that your car has been built I will let you know
I'm tracking 142 Blackwing orders - I haven't seen anything cancelled.

thank you for this information, Rob, much appreciated.

What does consensus and DOSP dates mean?

If mine isn't built by 5/5, does that mean I can order a 2023? Hmmm.

What does consensus and DOSP dates mean?

If mine isn't built by 5/5, does that mean I can order a 2023? Hmmm.

I would guess Dealer Order something something ...

Just so everyone understands how this works.

If your 22 order hasn't been picked up by Caddy by mid may it won't be built in 2022.
As opposed to other manufacturers it will NOT automatically roll over to a 23 build request.

It will get wiped/cancelled from the system and if you still want the car your dealer has to MANUALLY re-enter it in the workbench as a 23 build request beginning 5/5/22 and the goat rodeo roulette starts all over again.

At least that's how it was explained to me.

If your 22 order hasn't been picked up by Caddy by mid may it won't be built in 2022.
As opposed to other manufacturers it will NOT automatically roll over to a 23 build request.

It will get wiped/cancelled from the system and if you still want the car your dealer has to MANUALLY re-enter it in the workbench as a 23 build request beginning 5/5/22 and the goat rodeo roulette starts all over again.

I believe thats what happened to a crap ton of Corvette guys.....The sales guy/dealers are going to have fun putting all the orders back in the system.....

Does that happen on July 7? May 1, 19? Would be perfect to know for those struggling to find a car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back