Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

The whole “German interior” thing is such a self-fulfilling prophecy fallacy. I’ve been in both and they are VERY equally comparable. People, especially reviewers are so f’n lazy that they take no time to plow through the details, won’t expand the energy to actually give real thoughts. Makes me have 0 respect for these people who have the job of informing the public. The interiors are tit for tat pertaining to the M vs Blackwing. If you like a true drivers car buy the BW, and if your ego pertains to 0-60 buy the Beamer with the flappy paddle buttons

Umm, OK. I have owned 6 straight GM trucks now. The Blackwing interior is not much nicer than my 2020 AT4 Sierra. I sat in a BMW and it is quite different to what I am used to. I could care less if it is German or Korean or Italian or anything... if you feel the Blackwing interior is equal good for you. I have always felt GM seats are way too big, but when you consider the size and shape of an average American, it is sort of obvious as to why. Ego has nothing to do with it for me. I have never owned a BMW and never thought I would. But I don't ever buy anything based on what others think, I have also sat in both of these cars and for my tastes the M4 interior is much nicer (aside from the driver screen which I already stated I like much more on the BW).

The whole “German interior” thing is such a self-fulfilling prophecy fallacy. I’ve been in both and they are VERY equally comparable. People, especially reviewers are so f’n lazy that they take no time to plow through the details, won’t expand the energy to actually give real thoughts. Makes me have 0 respect for these people who have the job of informing the public. The interiors are tit for tat pertaining to the M vs Blackwing. If you like a true drivers car buy the BW, and if your ego pertains to 0-60 buy the Beamer with the flappy paddle buttons
Yeah... I'm gonna go ahead and umm... disagree with you there.

I literally just sold an m340i after I made my blackwing order. Not even an m3, but the lower model. Clearly I'm not a BMW fanboy, or I'd still own it. It was a perfectly cromulent car, it just didn't resonate with me.

Here's why I bought a blackwing instead:
I expect the rarity to help with the depreciation curve
I missed driving manual (but it was nice my wife could drive this one)
I like the exterior better
I like the upgraded seats better

Here's what the BMW did better:
Bigger backseat for the same length car
Better, and bigger, screens
Nicer doors, especially on the bottom
Quieter ride
Interior lighting

Now keep in mind the m340i was a 10-20k cheaper car and also offered a twin turbo six. And the interior was nicer in it.

Was it "OH MY GOD THIS CADILLAC IS POVERTY SPEC" nicer? Of course not. The caddy is perfectly fine. But you're not buying it to impress with the screens or the buttons or lighting - you're buying it to drive it. If you live with a German car for a while (I had an RS3 before this) you'll realize there is a reason why they're generally credited with being the most luxurious at this price range.

Yeah... I'm gonna go ahead and umm... disagree with you there.

I literally just sold an m340i after I made my blackwing order. Not even an m3, but the lower model. Clearly I'm not a BMW fanboy, or I'd still own it. It was a perfectly cromulent car, it just didn't resonate with me.

Here's why I bought a blackwing instead:
I expect the rarity to help with the depreciation curve
I missed driving manual (but it was nice my wife could drive this one)
I like the exterior better
I like the upgraded seats better

Here's what the BMW did better:
Bigger backseat for the same length car
Better, and bigger, screens
Nicer doors, especially on the bottom
Quieter ride
Interior lighting

Now keep in mind the m340i was a 10-20k cheaper car and also offered a twin turbo six. And the interior was nicer in it.

Was it "OH MY GOD THIS CADILLAC IS POVERTY SPEC" nicer? Of course not. The caddy is perfectly fine. But you're not buying it to impress with the screens or the buttons or lighting - you're buying it to drive it. If you live with a German car for a while (I had an RS3 before this) you'll realize there is a reason why they're generally credited with being the most luxurious at this price range.
I've been there on the modern BMW thing, and yeah, I didn't keep it very long.

Yes, the M340i is not an M3, but from memory you can overlap pricing with an 4BW. My build is $62k, and I am pretty sure you can easily crack $60k on am M340.

The interior material and build quality of the 3 vs the ATS was a MUCH larger gap then now when comparing 3 series to CT4.

Yes, the M340i is not an M3, but from memory you can overlap pricing with an 4BW. My build is $62k, and I am pretty sure you can easily crack $60k on am M340.

The interior material and build quality of the 3 vs the ATS was a MUCH larger gap then now when comparing 3 series to CT4.
That's for sure. The new 4's and 5's are significantly above where GM was just a few years ago. Again, I'm not saying it's "bad" or "unliveable". It has wireless android auto and clicky switches - I'm good.

As far as pricing, it's a lot closer than I thought. It starts at 55k compared to 60k and you can option both out quite a bit. I'm not gonna lie, I checked a few boxes for my BW with an eye toward long term ownership, so it was a chunk more for me personally.

That's for sure. The new 4's and 5's are significantly above where GM was just a few years ago. Again, I'm not saying it's "bad" or "unliveable". It has wireless android auto and clicky switches - I'm good.

As far as pricing, it's a lot closer than I thought. It starts at 55k compared to 60k and you can option both out quite a bit. I'm not gonna lie, I checked a few boxes for my BW with an eye toward long term ownership, so it was a chunk more for me personally.
The thing I like about BW pricing, the performance goodies, the stuff to make it fast and fun aren't extras. The magnetic dampers, the LSD, the 6piston/4piston Brembos, the dual mode exhaust, all baked into the SUB $60k starting price. The stuff that makes the car better to me than the M3 is baked in. The stuff that the M3 does better is of a bit less interest to me and the $20k you can add to an 4BW wasn't anything that made the car perform better...largely cake icing as I call it. If I didn't have other hobby cars and an unlimited budget, I too would have iced that cake though lol.

Solid point for sure. I feel the interior of a 4 Blacking is reasonable for the price. My 5 Blackwing on order is about 98k. The M4 I have on order is 91k. Listen, I'm smitten w the Blackwing and expect the driving experience and enjoyment to be second to none. But even as a GM loyalist, I cannot say the interior is level w the BMW.

I almost pulled the trigger on an M3 before ordering the 5BW. The interior is definitely more aesthetically pleasing from a design and material perspective. The GM interior is highly functional though. The knobs/buttons are plenty and the infotainment is simple. I also didn't like that the carbon seats in M3 involved acrobatics to get into the high cushion bolster, while the regular seats was not bolstered enough. The performance seats in the Caddy are a perfect balance. The lack of an armrest for rear passengers in the M3 was also just strange at this price point.

My GT500 doesn’t have the Carbon fiber dash trim. I was told that many dealers were required to order without if they wanted to get a ‘21 built due to CF constraints. So CF shortages are hitting everyone.
Not the C8 apparently. I’ve seen 2 recent releases for CF accessories in the last few days:

I have to say I like the carbon fiber dash in my GT500 and GT350R.

I hope they get this figured out for the Blackwing. The margin has got to be pretty good on these cars.

D.

Thought the issue with CF right now is the main cadillac supplier went out of business?

Anyways, weird thing about it somebody said their order got picked up by Cadillac this week and he has CF1. If CF is all constrained, why pick up an order?

Last edited:
Thought the issue with CF right now is the main cadillac supplierwent out of business?

Anyways, weird thing about it somebody said their order got picked up by Cadillac this week and he has CF1. If CF is all constrained, why pick up an order?
In all likelihood, the buyer dropped the CF from his config when the dealer was offered the allocation.

Thought the issue with CF right now is the main cadillac supplierwent out of business?

The way I have heard it, random orders might be processed even if constraints are at 0%. Perhaps it is because they get some parts delivered unexpectedly. This might be an incentive to keep your place in line in case you get lucky.

The way I have heard it, random orders might be processed even if constraints are at 0%. Perhaps it is because they get some parts delivered unexpectedly. This might be an incentive to keep your place in line in case you get lucky.
Double checked with the guy, he said he had to drop the CF seats and got the suede backs, but kept the CF1 and CF2.

Then we have this guy today. Not gonna lie, kinda envious...

Attachments

• CT5V.JPG
    CT5V.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 180
Double checked with the guy, he said he had to drop the CF seats and got the suede backs, but kept the CF1 and CF2.

Then we have this guy today. Not gonna lie, kinda envious...
I saw a guys order scheduled for 02/28/2021

He placed his order like in May….

I’m not ready to wait that much. I’ll go aftermarket for the spoiler ,wing, diffuser

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back