Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

I saw a guys order scheduled for 02/28/2021

He placed his order like in May….

I’m not ready to wait that much. I’ll go aftermarket for the spoiler ,wing, diffuser
Placed my order in Nov? I can wait and they will probably get the constraints under control soon enough. I was on MSRP ordering list for 10 months on a C8 and was informed the other day now they are charging 10k ADM? Obviously, that's unethical and the proper people at GM are being informed. My guess is since Dealers were explicitly warned of the ramifications of doing this type of sales tactic GM is going slap the dealer silly and rightfully so!

Double checked with the guy, he said he had to drop the CF seats and got the suede backs, but kept the CF1 and CF2.

Then we have this guy today. Not gonna lie, kinda envious...
Heard this from the same group.

Attachments

• 2655FE09-3094-42AB-8E57-0F904CD49352.png
    2655FE09-3094-42AB-8E57-0F904CD49352.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 242
@Kimkeys99 .....yes, that's correct. As said on here before, GM will build what they can. They will bypass you, your dealer, whoever. It's their job to...well, build and sell cars. Ethically, they should contact the dealer so that you have the option to change your order, but....

From the latest email from my dealer it seems like all CF back seats are on constraint now so if you want to get your car build this year, you'll most likely have to go with the lower level seats. I'm going to downgrade as I personally have no interest in CF backs but was interested to try better leather (compared to CT4-BW).

TBH, I have the carbon seats. They look ridiculously awesome. The finish is everything you should expect from Caddy. Nothing I could compare regarding the other levels. It holds me in place like my old Evo did with Recaro's. When spring rolls around I'll be able to drive it finally. First stop is the detail shop where all the paint safety mechanisms will take effect. They'll also be tinting the windows. At that point it is possible I never see the pretty carbon seat backs ever again in life. Was it worth it? Probably no but I don't know if I'll order another so mentality was go big or go home. Just something else to consider when you guys are ordering. I'm sure it crossed most of your minds already..

i don't see the ability to order cf seats on the cadillac website now. the cf1 and cf2 packages both say
  • Limited, late or no availability. See dealer for availability
glad i already placed my order. now i have to hope it builds for the 2022 model year...

i don't see the ability to order cf seats on the cadillac website now. the cf1 and cf2 packages both say
  • Limited, late or no availability. See dealer for availability
glad i already placed my order. now i have to hope it builds for the 2022 model year...
There is no separate option for the seats. They are part of the semi-aniline package.

i don't see that package on the cadillac page for the ct5...

i don't see that package on the cadillac page for the ct5...

I do remember there being a separate description for a seat, but recall it being selected automatically when you selected the semi-aniline. Anyone get the CF seat without the upgraded leather?

Attachments

• 4FEB0FCC-D868-48A8-913D-58AC981DE52B.jpeg
    4FEB0FCC-D868-48A8-913D-58AC981DE52B.jpeg
    756.3 KB · Views: 103
i must have looked at that page a half dozen times. i don't like it when my phone doesn't scroll correctly. thanks for the info.

Carbon backed seats are now "offically" on constraint along with CF1 and CF2. The seats were at 0%, but now it's official.

Yes, that's possible. Some carbon comes in a little at a time, per my source, so it's possible.
You would think that would go to people that have been waiting for months but I dunno. Doesn’t affect me other than I pulled my deposit on my order because there was likely no way my car order would be accepted by the may cut off date.

You would think that would go to people that have been waiting for months but I dunno. Doesn’t affect me other than I pulled my deposit on my order because there was likely no way my car order would be accepted by the may cut off date.
Is there a cut off date?

We aren’t looking at 2022 only are we?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop