Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

As a temporary fix.................

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I’m really disappointed the BW didn’t work out. Having said that, I’m still gonna hang around here and celebrate all y’alls cars when you finally get them! After all, I could still see getting one down the road (no pun intended).

Here’s a couple more pics. What CF shortage?

F5A13F20-CD5D-4B2E-B05D-58AE548A76B4.jpeg
F1528C1E-5343-4F16-8DB9-65F2944637B9.jpeg
4576CF66-1F6A-4E35-BF66-3896C1CAB584.jpeg

As I plan my ever more likely permanent move away from GM, I've been thinking about taking the Blackwing money and 'wasting' it on something like this:
1643735212164.png

I don't need a sedan anymore, and this would be an interesting option- even if it's not the canyon carver I wanted. OK, it's not even close, but cruising the strip or lake Mead top down with comfortable seating for 4 (plus full, unobstructed access to the freedom soundtrack!) could be fun, right?

@SIX 40 .......I love that color, and it's actually better in person. Snapper Rocks! What color is your interior? Aragon Brown or Tartufo? It's gorgeous.

As I plan my ever more likely permanent move away from GM, I've been thinking about taking the Blackwing money and 'wasting' it on something like this:
View attachment 6930

I don't need a sedan anymore, and this would be an interesting option- even if it's not the canyon carver I wanted. OK, it's not even close, but cruising the strip or lake Mead top down with comfortable seating for 4 (plus full, unobstructed access to the freedom soundtrack!) could be fun, right?

If I didn't need a sedan, I would invest the BW money into a 911.. Most likely a 991.2 turbo or 991.1 GTS 4.

If I didn't need a sedan, I would invest the BW money into a 911.. Most likely a 991.2 turbo or 991.1 GTS 4.
I suppose I should clarify- while I don't need a sedan, I do need at least 3 seats from time to time and I suspect the McLaren F1 is still a tad outside my price range. ;)

I suppose I should clarify- while I don't need a sedan, I do need at least 3 seats from time to time and I suspect the McLaren F1 is still a tad outside my price range. ;)

Good catch. The backseat in the 911 isn't for sitting.. My two boys, aged 10 and 12, would revolt anytime I picked them up from school in it.. Except the part where they get to put the backpacks in the frunk, they liked that.

And the 1 time I sat in the backseat, got severe claustrophobia and almost made my buddy pull over so I could get out and breathe.

@SIX 40 .......I love that color, and it's actually better in person. Snapper Rocks! What color is your interior? Aragon Brown or Tartufo? It's gorgeous.
Thanks! It’s Tartufo, the Aragon has the black stripe down the middle of the seat and I didn’t want that.

It’s funny, in my younger days I would have insisted on test driving the car before delivery. They had this one in the showroom when I arrived, I signed for it and drove it out of the showroom. Felt great.

@RupertH that Challenger looks awesome though I would be hesitant to buy a convertible conversion with all that power on tap. It looks sweet, though. I grew up in a Mopar family though so I may be partial.

Thanks! It’s Tartufo, the Aragon has the black stripe down the middle of the seat and I didn’t want that.

It’s funny, in my younger days I would have insisted on test driving the car before delivery. They had this one in the showroom when I arrived, I signed for it and drove it out of the showroom. Felt great.

I also ordered Tartufo for my M4 Competition xDrive. In person, it is not as bright as photos, and the seats are amazingly comfortable. How bad ass is the carbon fiber roof? That's a killer feature. I am GM guy, and love the under-the-radar appeal of a Blackwing versus "BMW". But man, to sit in the M4 versus the Blackwing, the interiors are in different leagues.

I'm hopeful to get both. My M4 should arrive late Spring. Would be great to have a manual LT4 and an auto AWD before we are all e-cars.

hubba hubba! love that color. I traded in a Shelby GT350 on the CT5-BW and I really miss it. Ford makes a great variety of stangs so I am sure you will be happy with it. I just wish they had kept the FPC and the stick! that would have been great!

I almost came oh so close to buying a heritage 350 but I just couldn’t jump all in paying over sticker for a 1 year old used car. I did send a “low” offer to a dealer that twiddled their thumbs for a few days on the HE 350. They then eventually came back saying they’d take my offer but I miraculously found a new GT500 @ msrp just before then. I would be in a heritage 350 right now had that dealer not held out on me. I’m glad their greed got me into a GT500!!!!

considering some idiot just killed 9 people in town with one of those, you might want to rethink that. not because i think you would drive like that bafoon did, but because every cop in town has it out for challengers right now.
Heard about this. My folks still live in Vegas and my mom called all distraught about the whole thing - understandably so.

I think you mean last couple months. All with at least one death that was not the dipstick behind the wheel.

I'd really like to see us do some analysis of the drivers to figure out what if anything could be done to identify the warning signs of these behaviors that could be used to shape policy moving forward. Just 'watching for Challengers' (or performance car de jour) won't help, nor will an extended 'speed kills' campaign. We need to change how we think about road design and driver training.

Of course, we will take the easy way out (Reference NTSB member Tom Chapman puke up all the oldies but goldies in his press conference on the subject- it seems he's a real fan of not speeding, and his lazy use of causal statistics makes me sad for pilots everywhere, since he was a safety guy at AOPA for nearly 2 decades... Here's hoping he worked harder at that job!) Unfortunately, this will likely result in a revenue drive by NLVPD and Metro that will in no significant way decrease the number of insane drivers, since it'll largely focus on speed traps that tend to catch minor offenders. At most, we'll see a minor dip followed by business as usual when the public starts getting cranky about the increased emphasis on soccer moms doing 10 over.

I feel for the officers who will just get increased quotas and an ever-increasing percentage of their day spent dealing with minor traffic violations while still getting to endure the emotional burden that comes from dealing with the aftermath of these major crashes those actions will continue to not fix.

I think you mean last couple months. All with at least one death that was not the dipstick behind the wheel.

I'd really like to see us do some analysis of the drivers to figure out what if anything could be done to identify the warning signs of these behaviors that could be used to shape policy moving forward. Just 'watching for Challengers' (or performance car de jour) won't help, nor will an extended 'speed kills' campaign. We need to change how we think about road design and driver training.

Of course, we will take the easy way out (Reference NTSB member Tom Chapman puke up all the oldies but goldies in his press conference on the subject- it seems he's a real fan of not speeding, and his lazy use of causal statistics makes me sad for pilots everywhere, since he was a safety guy at AOPA for nearly 2 decades... Here's hoping he worked harder at that job!) Unfortunately, this will likely result in a revenue drive by NLVPD and Metro that will in no significant way decrease the number of insane drivers, since it'll largely focus on speed traps that tend to catch minor offenders. At most, we'll see a minor dip followed by business as usual when the public starts getting cranky about the increased emphasis on soccer moms doing 10 over.

I feel for the officers who will just get increased quotas and an ever-increasing percentage of their day spent dealing with minor traffic violations while still getting to endure the emotional burden that comes from dealing with the aftermath of these major crashes those actions will continue to not fix.

It will result in legislation mandating that all new vehicles be equipped with speed sensors that will make it impossible to speed. And if you try, they'll use the kill switch mandated in the same legislation.. or autopilot you directly to jail.

the future of driving is gonna suck.

It will result in legislation mandating that all new vehicles be equipped with speed sensors that will make it impossible to speed. And if you try, they'll use the kill switch mandated in the same legislation.. or autopilot you directly to jail.

the future of driving is gonna suck.
Well, that is what McDoucherson stated as his goal, but I think we're a long way off from that technically, as well as the issue of there being no easy path to retroactive conversion for the cars already on the road. Mostly, I object to the sheer laziness of their methods and reasoning. This is a great example, because while going over 100 made the crash worse, it would have likely still been deadly at 50 or even 40, given that the guy T-boned a van full of kids. Reducing the death toll to a less shocking number isn't nearly as helpful as focusing on the core cause and trying to figure out if there was a way to prevent said actions.

I turned up another article that said the guy had been recently pulled over for speeding multiple times, but the author seems to attempt to focus on the idea that this guy was 'bad' because he was a speeder (also, other crimes, but I'm not sure the two can be rationally connected without some real proof of causation) but fails to poke harder at how the cops regularly reduce charges to focus on revenue generating portions of the code, as opposed to enforcing a straight points systems with stiffer penalties for driving without a license that might lead to better outcomes.

However, to your second point- the future of driving is passengering.

(OK, once they figure out all the complex pieces of the issue and the above noted massive number of non-compliant vehicles on the roads, but that's likely on the same time scale as figuring out how to prevent cars from speeding.)

That M5 is a sweet ride. To bad the closest dealer to me is 70 miles one way. I know we don’t live in “normal” times anymore. Will BMW dealers negotiate on these upper end cars?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back