Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Are you f'ing kidding me, GM? Red Seatbelts - ONE belt mismatched?!?!

revvhigh

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V Blackwing
This is what my back seat looks like.

When I ordered and paid $400 for red seatbelts, I thought I would get, you know, ALL the seatbelts red.

Is this the standard? One mismatched seat belt in the rear center? I think it just looks goofy as hell.

Untitled.jpg

This is how it is and I've seen other manufacturers do the same.
Sigh. Well, at least I don't need to call my dealer and complain that some idiot at the factory installed 1 wrong seatbelt.

Still looks wrong tho. My OCD is *NOT* happy.

Mine came the same way. That center belt is always black. I’ve had two other vehicles with red belts and they were all like that.

There is nothing sexy about the center belt, I'm sure designer intention wasn't to call more attention to it.

There have been pics
This is what my back seat looks like.

When I ordered and paid $400 for red seatbelts, I thought I would get, you know, ALL the seatbelts red.

Is this the standard? One mismatched seat belt in the rear center? I think it just looks goofy as hell.

View attachment 13310
Is yours a 22 or, a 23? There has been a pic circulating with a 23 having a red belt in the center. We hashed this out regarding the 22s some time ago.

As posted, this is how 22s are. 23s show a red center belt on the configurator.

Sigh. Well, at least I don't need to call my dealer and complain that some idiot at the factory installed 1 wrong seatbelt.

Still looks wrong tho. My OCD is *NOT* happy.
I legit LOL'd! Sorry OP. But totally agree that looks naff.
It's the interior version of replacing a quarter panel or a door in a different colour. On the plus side you should(?) be able to order a replacement middle one if the '23s have them.

There have been pics

Yeah BUT if you go to the official configurator it shows the center belt as RED (see attached pic.) I studied every option 1000% before ordering and looked at all the photos, now I feel lied to. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but right now.... grrrrr.

Is yours a 22 or, a 23? There has been a pic circulating with a 23 having a red belt in the center. We hashed this out regarding the 22s some time ago.

Mine is a 2023. Maybe the pic came from the configurator.

Attachments

• sfrg.JPG
    sfrg.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 82
LOL, OP did you never look at the configurator?

LOL back at you, here is the exact photo on the configurator, of an apparently imaginary configuration

Attachments

• sfrg.JPG
    sfrg.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 56
Just retract and hide the center belt between the seats.

Good idea, I might do that. Especially since my kids and their grubby little hands will never be allowed in this car lol.

Yeah BUT if you go to the official configurator it shows the center belt as RED (see attached pic.) I studied every option 1000% before ordering and looked at all the photos, now I feel lied to. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but right now.... grrrrr.

Mine is a 2023. Maybe the pic came from the configurator.
I can certainly understand your frustration.

LOL back at you, here is the exact photo on the configurator, of an apparently imaginary configuration
Sorry, at the time of my post the year information was not given. I also thought they had updated the middle rear belt to red per the pic.

The configurator is wrong. The center belt will be black. If I had a dime for every time automobile manufacturer’s online configurator was wrong……

You can unhook the center belt and retract it. How often will you have a toddler or insanely short adult sitting in the middle?

Sorry, at the time of my post the year information was not given. I also thought they had updated the middle rear belt to red per the pic.
That is why I didn’t order red belts as I noticed the odd ball third belt was still black. I even asked a couple of sales guys to ask their caddy reps why in the hell would GM sell a config like this. No responses. Amatuers!
Anyhow, if your ordered the tan interior, you would get a color matching third belt in tan. Ponder that one. Dear Lord.
Done.

That is why I didn’t order red belts as I noticed the odd ball third belt was still black. I even asked a couple of sales guys to ask their caddy reps why in the hell would GM sell a config like this. No responses. Amatuers!
Anyhow, if your ordered the tan interior, you would get a color matching third belt in tan. Ponder that one. Dear Lord.
Done.

That makes sense because the interior has tan seats. Red belts contrast with the entire interior setup.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back