Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Are you f'ing kidding me, GM? Red Seatbelts - ONE belt mismatched?!?!

I don't know why but I've seen the dame with other makes over the years.

I don't know why but I've seen the dame with other makes over the years

Porsche does the same...
1665721603390.png

This is what my back seat looks like.

When I ordered and paid $400 for red seatbelts, I thought I would get, you know, ALL the seatbelts red.

Is this the standard? One mismatched seat belt in the rear center? I think it just looks goofy as hell.

View attachment 13310

It annoys me as well. I tried to retract the belt but it doesn't full retract and then looks worse with the warning label flapping around. Meanwhile the tan interior gets the tan center belt...

If it was a design decision it was a mistake since if you want red belts, then you want red belts. The single black belt looks out of place, not to mention we have to look at the ugly warning label.

Last edited:
I posted the pics originally, thinking I had finally identified where my extra $7k went - a third red seat belt. You guys just deflated my balloon of happiness on at least getting a red center belt... Why the hell would Cadillac go to the trouble to change the configurator for 2023 to show a red center seat belt if they weren't actually providing it. That is beyond obnoxious.

My OCD prefers it this way ... I wouldn't want a red stripe off center in the middle of the back seat.

But if it bothers you, several companies sell seatbelt dye kits.

I don’t ever anticipate a fifth passenger in mine so I’ve disconnected the center belt at lower attachment point and then let it fall into the trunk when folding down the rear seat back. Rolled it up neatly and have never seen it since.

LOL, OP did you never look at the configurator?
Yup, I noticed that on the configuration, chuckled "GM gonna GM", and removed that option.

Porsche does the same...
EDIT: I stand corrected. I can't puzzle out why this would be a deliberate choice other than cost savings. Maybe some strange regulation?

Last edited:
Yup, I noticed that on the configuration, chuckled "GM gonna GM", and removed that option.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I can't puzzle out why this would be a deliberate choice other than cost savings. Maybe some strange regulation?
The kicker is that the tan seat belts are all tan and I don't believe are even an extra cost option. 🤦‍♂️

Would someone who got a 5BW with the red belts mind PMing me their VIN? I'm going to see if I can't find the part numbers to swap them out.

Would someone who got a 5BW with the red belts mind PMing me their VIN? I'm going to see if I can't find the part numbers to swap them out.

That's what I'm saying. I have a 23 BW with the red belt option. But the center belt is still black.

My OCD prefers it this way ... I wouldn't want a red stripe off center in the middle of the back seat.

But if it bothers you, several companies sell seatbelt dye kits.
You might be right. It could be a design balance thing. It doesn't really bother me.

Techb
The kicker is that the tan seat belts are all tan and I don't believe are even an extra cost option. 🤦‍♂️
Well the tan is forced when you select the natural interior, which does cost extra, so while the seatbelts themselves don't have an associated cost, you do pay for them in the total cost of optioning the natural interior.

Techb

Well the tan is forced when you select the natural interior, which does cost extra, so while the seatbelts themselves don't have an associated cost, you do pay for them in the total cost of optioning the natural interior.
Which if I remember correctly, is no more than the other upgraded interiors. So, the tan belts are complete and free.

At least they get a better colour match so it blends in. Then the framing of the red works.

In the BW it looks like they had some leftover belts from a Cobalt. The only thing missing is the coffee or ice cream stains.

I always wondered why Cadillac didn’t go with a red closer to Edge Red for the belts? Doesn’t bother me, I love them but it woulda made sense to me to match the caliper color.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back