Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

You are all "Rational Heroes"

Throat Yogurt

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing N0460548
If you're like me (firstly, my condolences) you listen to The Carmudgeon Show, which is a podcast by Jason Cammisa and Derek Tam-Scott. It's a fantastic production where two very knowledable yet goofy guys talk about all sorts of auto-related topics. In this week's episode, they discuss automotive stereotypes, aka what does your car say about you. They go through almost every brand, and it is hilarious, because most of them are negative.

You should all listen to what they say about Cadillac drivers:
(the Cadillac portion starts at ~35:00).

Derek: "It depends which [Cadillac] it is. If they're in a Blackwing, it's like...you are a hero. You're willing to put aside the imagery associated with Cadillac to drive one of the best sports sedans... If you're like, I'm agnostic about the image or brand, and I just want the best tool for the job, then I'd buy that, and that's like a strangely rational thing to do."
Jason: "So the driver of a CT4V or CT5V Blackwing is a rational hero."
Derek: "Kind of, to me. If they're a driving enthusiast and are just going to buy the thing that is the best..."
Jason: "It's the best sports sedan around"

The whole episode is awesome, give it a listen.

Saw that video the other day and enjoyed it a lot. I agree with so much of what they said (especially the BMWs . . .).

I've only seen (listened to) a few - my impression is that its quality stuff for people (like us) who truly care. I'm a big fan of Cammisa and his vids....he's knowledgeable, has a good perspective and is fun/funny...always worth a watch.

Thanks for sharing. The funniest part for me was what they said about people who drive a Camry: means they "gave up on life". Hahah
Or perhaps the people who are driving Camrys are the smart ones and are thinking it's not how I get to work, but how to arrive at work in the most cost efficient way.

Or perhaps the people who are driving Camrys are the smart ones and are thinking it's not how I get to work, but how to arrive at work in the most cost efficient way.
Nothing wrong w/ being cost effective & not trying to offend anyone.....but it's still funny AF to me. It's a generalization meant as a joke.

Nothing wrong w/ being cost effective & not trying to offend anyone.....but it's still funny AF to me. It's a generalization meant as a joke.
Your comment wasn't offensive. It was funny. Camry drivers in general are just interested in arriving at their destination and are not car enthusiasts. I have owned my Camrys over my lifetime. They are great cars, but they are not performance oriented, but they are reliable.

Good oh entertainment!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners