Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anyone rolling a Black Diamond Tricoat Blackwing yet?

668LT4

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
There was a YT video posted over a month ago, but I have yet to see any Blackwings sold in this color. Excited to see it in sunlight.

My local store had a 5 coming in in Black Diamond. I wanted to go down to see it, but it's gone. I think it was a customer order. Assuming it's the same as what was on the Gen 2 V, it was amazing in sunlight.

It's not a Blackwing just a regular V but here's the color

Attachments

• 20231118_155203.jpg
    20231118_155203.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 351
  • 20231117_151410.jpg
    20231117_151410.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 355
The good thing about it is that it should be a good match to the black sparkle interior pieces on the 5.

Looking forward to seeing it in person. I didn't like the non-metallic aspect of the black paint on my prior V3 and current 5BW.

Waiting to order a 5 in this color. waiting, waiting, waiting...

My old V2, but easy to see why you can fall in love with the BD color.

Attachments

• DSC_0196.JPG
    DSC_0196.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 109
As of yesterday, there is a Black Diamond 4BW at a dealer about an hour from me. I think my wife and I are going to go look at the color in person next week.

I went and looked at the Black Diamond 4BW today. It was bright and sunny, and the color of the flake in the paint really pops. I really like it, but it drew my attention so much that the overall vehicle design elements tend to get lost in all the sparkle.

They also had a Coastal Blue 5BW that the sales manager drives. That color is also amazing in person. The shade falls about midway between Wave and Electric Blue.

I went and looked at the Black Diamond 4BW today. It was bright and sunny, and the color of the flake in the paint really pops. I really like it, but it drew my attention so much that the overall vehicle design elements tend to get lost in all the sparkle.
I can see that happening. I'm curious as to how the carbon fiber splitter and spoiler will read against the paint.

I was fortunate to see this color today at a local dealer. They ordered a 5 for a client who apparently did not close the deal, and the car is officially for sale. Not my kind of build - sunroof, mid seats, no PDR - but it is at least a manual :Steer

As for Black Diamond Tricoat... I am in love, as expected. I could only see it under the showroom lights, and know it will be much more lively in sunlight. I have loved my Rift so much, but damn, the car is much more menacing in this dark color.

20240104_100121.jpg
20240104_100130.jpg
20240104_100056.jpg

Best non 20 year limited anniversary color IMO . I saw one of these in person at Road Atlanta during the petit lemans, looks insane!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back