Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anyone rolling a Black Diamond Tricoat Blackwing yet?

I was fortunate to see this color today at a local dealer. They ordered a 5 for a client who apparently did not close the deal, and the car is officially for sale. Not my kind of build - sunroof, mid seats, no PDR - but it is at least a manual :Steer

As for Black Diamond Tricoat... I am in love, as expected. I could only see it under the showroom lights, and know it will be much more lively in sunlight. I have loved my Rift so much, but damn, the car is much more menacing in this dark color.

View attachment 23476View attachment 23477View attachment 23478
I've seen the BDT on previous years Caddies and it does look really cool, but sometimes almost seems like you drove a solid black car behind a semi truck during light rain. 😁

The Maverick Noir Frost is the way to go if it were only available across the whole line

The Maverick Noir Frost is the way to go if it were only available across the whole line
Not for me. I don't like matte finished cars. Same dealer had a MNF 4, one of the special sticker package cars. Definitely not my interest, same as many don't like all the flake in Black Diamond Tricoat. Once again, choice is good.
20240104_101038.jpg

I have an opportunity to buy one of these (MNF IMSA) pre-owned with almost no miles at a stupid low price. I mean stupid low. Just not sure I want matte paint as a daily. Plus, I'm not sure the BOD and CFO will allow that disbursement.

I have an opportunity to buy one of these (MNF IMSA) pre-owned with almost no miles at a stupid low price. I mean stupid low. Just not sure I want matte paint as a daily. Plus, I'm not sure the BOD and CFO will allow that disbursement.
The car is beautiful, no doubt. The matte just does not appeal to me on a vehicle.

4s are really dropping. Has to be the best driving experience one can buy these days for the money.

I was fortunate to see this color today at a local dealer. They ordered a 5 for a client who apparently did not close the deal, and the car is officially for sale. Not my kind of build - sunroof, mid seats, no PDR - but it is at least a manual :Steer

As for Black Diamond Tricoat... I am in love, as expected. I could only see it under the showroom lights, and know it will be much more lively in sunlight. I have loved my Rift so much, but damn, the car is much more menacing in this dark color.

View attachment 23476View attachment 23477View attachment 23478
I'm really torn on this color. It looks great in these photos, but some photos I see of it out in the sunlight make it just look way too sparkly.

I'm really torn on this color. It looks great in these photos, but some photos I see of it out in the sunlight make it just look way too sparkly.
Yup. I have read this before, and it is why many do not care for it. I am still highly inclined to buy one. To be honest, I hope they only offer it in 2024 and don't make many!

Matte looks like an almost finished restoration...so close!

Just PPF it in stealth and you’re good to go!
Adds about $8k to the price of the car, which people might not realize or have right away when they buy the car. But even then it's no guarantee, I had a few rock chips go through PPF on my hood and leave deep gashes in the paint.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back