Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Must have for track alignments

CT5-V Model

poor-sha

Seasoned Member
I've confirmed that the SPL rear toe links for the Camaro work fine for the 5BW. Without them, you won't have enough toe adjustment to get the requisite camber. SPL part number is RTAEL CAM6 and you'll also want to get new inner toe link bolts since the factory ones are single use - they should be GM part number 11609598. You're also supposed to replace the camber eccentric bolts, which I did - GM part 11547215.

20230808_232427560_iOS.jpg

20230808_233901184_iOS.jpg

I've confirmed that the SPL rear toe links for the Camaro work fine for the 5BW. Without them, you won't have enough toe adjustment to get the requisite camber. SPL part number is RTAEL CAM6 and you'll also want to get new inner toe link bolts since the factory ones are single use - they should be GM part number 11609598. You're also supposed to replace the camber eccentric bolts, which I did - GM part 11547215.

View attachment 21035
View attachment 21036
Did you just get the toe arms or also the eccentric lockout kit? I had both on my 1LE. Was happy with them.

A few thoughts:

a) I love your avatar
B) that looks like a killer garage
3) cool tools too (alignment jig)
iv) I love VIR too, but I ain't gonna do 160 in a street car

I'm just a pussy, that's OK, I've accepted it.

You won't die. Promise. :D

Hell I did 160 in a 4th gen Corvette in a public road and lived to tell about it. Of course that was during the Pony Express a whole bunch of years ago, but who's counting? ;-)

View attachment 25654

You won't die. Promise. :D
LOL. I don't recognize the track, but my first HPDE was at Charlotte/Lowe's/HomeDepot raceway many (many!) years ago in my C4 Corvette. I got lapped, lapped my friends, by a kid in a Camaro. So I was humbled early on. I did, however, get to experience boiling brake fluid with the associated "soft pedal" at 130 MPH (we were using the infield as well as the NASCAR track turns 1,2 & 3) so that kind of stuck with me.

As it did when I boiled the brakes at VIR many years later because I put the directional brake rotors on backwards. :hb

Anyway, I'm not trying to defend myself or rationalize my weenie ways. Just sayin', clarifying perhaps, that doing 160 in and of itself doesn't concern me as much as the slowing down afterwards. ;)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back