Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Mod Fail - CT4-V (non-BW) Spoiler on CT4-V BW

DustinEarnhardt

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
When the Blackwing was initially announced, the pre-production models they were showing off all had body-matched spoilers for the non-Carbon Fiber packages. At some point during the roll out, this changed where the spoiler was painted piano black instead of the main body color. Thankfully, (or so I thought) the GM accessories catalog sells a pre-painted, body-matched spoiler for the regular CT4 that I thought would be an excellent swap out to tone down the aggressiveness of the car, and be a very easy replacement.

So while I can confirm that the CT4-V spoiler does match and is much less aggressive, unfortunately, the BW spoiler has a very large extra set of holes for the rear spoiler, and the CT4-V one does not cover them. Also, the factory BW spoiler was a huge pain in the ass to remove, so I figured I'd at least post these pictures here so that people can see what they're getting into.

At some point, I'll probably buy a standard BW spoiler and have it painted to match, but this was a mod that did not go according to plan, so I wanted to make sure that no one else had my same bright idea later down the road. I'll be putting my standard black spoiler back on for now. Womp, womp.

20210908_185332[1].jpg

20210908_185401[1].jpg

20210908_152207[1].jpg

When the Blackwing was initially announced, the pre-production models they were showing off all had body-matched spoilers for the non-Carbon Fiber packages. At some point during the roll out, this changed where the spoiler was painted piano black instead of the main body color. Thankfully, (or so I thought) the GM accessories catalog sells a pre-painted, body-matched spoiler for the regular CT4 that I thought would be an excellent swap out to tone down the aggressiveness of the car, and be a very easy replacement.

So while I can confirm that the CT4-V spoiler does match and is much less aggressive, unfortunately, the BW spoiler has a very large extra set of holes for the rear spoiler, and the CT4-V one does not cover them. Also, the factory BW spoiler was a huge pain in the ass to remove, so I figured I'd at least post these pictures here so that people can see what they're getting into.

At some point, I'll probably buy a standard BW spoiler and have it painted to match, but this was a mod that did not go according to plan, so I wanted to make sure that no one else had my same bright idea later down the road. I'll be putting my standard black spoiler back on for now. Womp, womp.

View attachment 4829

View attachment 4830

View attachment 4831
I’m sorry to hear that. If I remember correctly, I may have even steered you towards that spoiler not knowing the seemingly huge difference in size now that I see your pics.

Honestly, I liked the smaller one. I much prefer a stealth look, and as my daily driver, I just don't have the need for the downforce that the BW spoiler provides.

Those holes are a show stopper though.

So still no alternatives available for a more low key spoiler? Would hope that something aftermarket would become available, but it's a low volume car, so maybe not.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back