Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Another Almost CT4-V BW owner

Robo

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing manual
Hi All,
New here. Hopefully looking forward to my new 4BW manual. My order detail # is BNMGHT. I was told it was manufactured but was waiting for shipment, then I was told there was a delay.
Before I ordered, the dealer told me the carbon fiber was backordered and the nice seats were backordered, so I ordered a "bare bones" no carbon fiber, no fancy leather seats, manual 4BW. I figured my spouse might leave the carbon fiber on a curb at the grocery store, and although I'd like the ventilated seats, I decided to just order the friking car. Really looking forward to it.
My wife told me that I could only have one sports car, so I sold my 2010 Mitsu Evolution SE (look up the SE), so I could purchase it. Thought about the VW Golf R which is super backordered and has wonky haptic controls, and the M3 which is super backordered as well.
I'm really happy with the decision. Just want the car!

I'm an older guy, so I've had the good fortune to own some cool vehicles: 1947 GMC truck, 1968 Dodge Super Bee (383/4 spd), 1966 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (still want another one of these!), several "lame O" vehicles to get through life ((mini-vans and sedans)), a 2006 Mercedes Benz SLK 55 AMG (which was fun but needed a manual transmission), a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 which was a fun car that suffered from some torque steer, the Evo which was nearly perfect, except for lots of road noise.

Basically, just excited and can't wait for the Caddie!!

I sold my 2010 Mitsu Evolution SE (look up the SE), so I could purchase it.
Welcome!

And, doooood: there are a bunch of old Evo guys on this forum. There's even a guy who currently has an Evo V (Five!).

I myself drove an '03 Evo VIII for 6 years, and then a '10 Evo X GSR for 6 years after that. Last weekend I traded in the '18 STI Limited I'd driven for for the prior 5 years, to make room for my upcoming BW.

I'm expecting the the Cadillac to be a substantial upgrade in quality over what I have been driving for the past 18 years, LOL.

Since you are new here and may not have seen my suggestion, I offer it again. Download the owners manual and study it before you take delivery. I did not. I regret that.

Since you are new here and may not have seen my suggestion, I offer it again. Download the owners manual and study it before you take delivery. I did not. I regret that.
In what way did you regret not reading the owners manual? I’ve never read one before delivery and it didn’t matter.

I regret not studying it before I got the car because when I drove it away from the dealer, I didn't know how to work a lot of the features. Example: the fine points of the adaptive cruise control. It had features that were new to me and are too numerous to discuss here. The rear view mirror is not a mirror. It displays the images from cameras. I couldn't understand why it was so dark. It was in "night" mode. When I found the lever/tab that puts it in day
mode, a panoramic view of the world behind the car appeared. I felt like a dufus.
The car has technology that is beyond anything I had seen. I suggest downloading the owners manual so you can learn the magic before you get in it. Just search Google for "2022 Cadillac CT5V (or CT4V) owners manual".

Thanks for the explanation. My AMG had the Level 2 driving and for that I definitely had to read the manual. When I bought the car the MB dealer gave me a two hour rundown of all the features with me sitting in the car. I’m guessing this is something the Cadillac dealers do not do?

My 5BW that I pickup next weekend is a 6M so no ACC. But I do have the Parking Pkg with the mirror display. I wonder if they’ll show me how to use the line lock in the parking lot? 😏

I would not count on a "ground school" from the dealer. When Boeing sold American Airlines a 767, they gave them an operating manual. AA had to conduct its own (month long) training. I like to follow the rule of 6 Ps. Proper preflight planning prevents poor performance. It's your money and your time. Knowledge is like a parachute. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Thank you. I downloaded the one for the 2022 CT4 (it's a staggering 464 page pdf document). Do you think there is a specific one for the 4BW? I'm planning on going to the Spring Mountain Cadillac V-Performance Academy outside Las Vegas, in cooler weather, possibly October or November.

Welcome!

And, doooood: there are a bunch of old Evo guys on this forum. There's even a guy who currently has an Evo V (Five!).

I myself drove an '03 Evo VIII for 6 years, and then a '10 Evo X GSR for 6 years after that. Last weekend I traded in the '18 STI Limited I'd driven for for the prior 5 years, to make room for my upcoming BW.

I'm expecting the the Cadillac to be a substantial upgrade in quality over what I have been driving for the past 18 years, LOL.
I'm hoping the 4BW will help me forget how fun my Evo was. That thing cornered like a go kart!! I'm sure I'll still miss it some.... I considered the new STI, but I wanted something that my wife wouldn't mind driving some of the time. It would be fun to have unlimited funds and garage space.....

A separate book for the BWs? That's a good question and one I asked as well. To the best of my knowledge, there is only one book for all of the 4s and one for all of the 5s. Yes. It's a thick book. When you get your car, you will be glad you read up on how it works.

Re the wife or husband driving your 4 or 5 BW. This may be inadvisable, because it may be difficult to regain the vehicle. Be prepared to hear, "I'm keeping this one. Get yourself another one!"

Oh. And re "unlimited funds (UF)". If I had UF, I would buy as many of the BWs as I could and put them up on blocks in a climate controlled storage facility. Because they are going to become collectors items.
Imagine, in 2032, having a 2022 CT5V Blackwing with 5 miles and all original ...everything. You could name your price.

Thank you. I downloaded the one for the 2022 CT4 (it's a staggering 464 page pdf document). Do you think there is a specific one for the 4BW?
I believe I downloaded the same PDF. I looked through it briefly and saw that it contained Blackwing-specific info, such the V Button in the Driver Mode Control section. So I believe you have the correct manual.

I'm planning on going to the Spring Mountain Cadillac V-Performance Academy outside Las Vegas, in cooler weather, possibly October or November.
Those dates are already booked for this year. And since you have only 1 year to redeem the free class, you might not be eligible for those dates next year. I myself I am hoping to get my car this Fall, and will sign up for the earliest class I can next Spring (to get the coolest possible weather).

I'm hoping the 4BW will help me forget how fun my Evo was. That thing cornered like a go kart!!
The Evos were special. The WRX and STI I owned were less so. I'm cautiously optimistic that the Blackwing will return some automotive magic to my life.

A separate book for the BWs? That's a good question and one I asked as well. To the best of my knowledge, there is only one book for all of the 4s and one for all of the 5s. Yes. It's a thick book. When you get your car, you will be glad you read up on how it works.
Hi Captain. I purchased the bare bones 4BW and really like it. The seats are the black vinyl so they get a little hot. Not bad, but a little hot sometimes. I was reading somewhere that pilots seats often have sheepskin covers, because they are cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Although I'm not much for the look of it, do you like the sheepskin covers? I think that I can get one in black.

Great question. Yes all of the Boeings and Douglas aircraft pilots seats have the sheepskin covers. I have considered getting them for my 5BW, but have not done so yet. There are sites/companies who make them for specific cars, so when/if you order, be specific as to make, model, year etc. They are normally offered in a variety of colors, to match the interior of your car. I had them on my Cadillac CT4. They can be a little tricky installing them, over the headrest. Don't be reluctant to ask for assistance for the installation. And be certain they are genuine sheep, not a synthetic.

The link did not make it by the filters. Search Google for "Custom car sheepskin seat covers"

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back