Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Allocations

Isn’t this the non-CF wing on the CT5-V BW?
View attachment 6994
Yes it is. You can also check the differences of CF and non-CF packages in the media section of the website. They have high-quality resolutions of Non-cf and cf blackwings which is nice

Well, aftermarket in the sense that it will be custom designed and a new mold made for the CF part to be made from. Here they are just 3D scanning the front in order to render the part on a computer. I do not know further details. My friend did respond and said its a pretty straight forward process. Easiest would be to create a clay model of the desired spoiler, then scan that, and create the mold. Then make as many as needed. He also said they could also wrap a production part in real CF. I wonder how the base spoiler would look in CF.

273145233_10159800705464304_1973422474313560334_n.jpg
That's awesome. Just didn't realize people were out there modding LFAs.

That's awesome. Just didn't realize people were out there modding LFAs.
Fluid Motor Union near me recently did one for Lexus. I'll try and find some info on it.

My dealer called me on Saturday and said it's my turn to order a 5-V Blackwing. I submitted my build and asked about constraints as I have selected the Natural interior which includes the carbon fiber seats. I was told they just submit the build I want and wait for Cadillac to come back and tell them what needs to be taken off and so far I've heard nothing.

I don't know if I actually got an allocation ...
Curious if you learned whether or not your dealership actually got an allocation for you.
I ask because my guy at Disbrowe called me today to tell me that he just learned from a GM rep. that there's no allocations in the pipe for any Canadian dealerships right now and there may not be any more for the 22 model year.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. They helped me understand better.

RupertH, 5/5 is last date for a 2022 to be picked up. I believe 7/7/22 is last date of production then production switches to 2023 models. If that happens, the order from 2022 models gets canceled and you would need to reorder as a 2023 model year.

I spent all morning contacting dealers within several hours of me and I was able to place an order for MSRP and am 4th in line. The dealer has been receiving allocations. I placed a refundable deposit and resume the waiting game. I'm guessing my chances of getting in for 2022 are very slim.
Hi, what dealer took your order?

Curious if you learned whether or not your dealership actually got an allocation for you.
I ask because my guy at Disbrowe called me today to tell me that he just learned from a GM rep. that there's no allocations in the pipe for any Canadian dealerships right now and there may not be any more for the 22 model year.
I haven't heard anything further. I asked my salesman today to give me the order number and event code from GM workbench. The event code will tell me everything I need to know so I'll see what he comes back with.

That is exactly what I was told yesterday. I had an allocation from my dealer and he called me yesterday to say that all Canadian allocations have been cancelled for the 2022 model…

That is exactly what I was told yesterday. I had an allocation from my dealer and he called me yesterday to say that all Canadian allocations have been cancelled for the 2022 model…
On the off chance you’re interested, my salesman said that his dealership had a ZL1 coming in and that I could have that instead of waiting for his dealership’s next BW allocation.

I'm using Finch in London. Morgan, one of the salesman posts every Friday on his Youtube channel about what his Thursday allocations are from GM along with constraints so he's a pretty straight shooter and you know exactly what vehicles he is getting. All cars are MSRP.
It would be great if an enthusiastic Cadillac salesman like Morgan could join this group and post what the dealers in Canada are being told about BW allocations. Our situation appears to be a bit different than in the U.S., and while the information about U.S. allocations posted here isn’t perfect, we’re even more in the dark in Canada.
Maybe he’d do it: he’s an auto blogger already and it would probably be good for business for him, too.

I subscribed to his channel because of your post! His videos are pretty good! I asked him how CT4 production (in general - not BW specific) is going on his vid from last week and he replied it's going well for the first time in a long time.

Just received a call from my dealer to let me know I got the allocation for the CT5V BW which I just place the order 1/31/22. Seems like more offers are being accepted quicker without that cf 1and 2, since they are still on constraints. Let the build begin and be patient. All good things to come.

Just received a call from my dealer to let me know I got the allocation for the CT5V BW which I just place the order 1/31/22. Seems like more offers are being accepted quicker without that cf 1and 2, since they are still on constraints. Let the build begin and be patient. All good things to come.
Pardon my lack of excitement for you .... HOWEVER, CADILLAC - there is something very broken about the BW Launch Event/Allocation process! We attended the virtual Blackwing Launch Event in February 2021 - We tried to get one of the 250 CT5-V BW reservations - No such luck - We immediately got on the "Wait List" - Placed our order prior to the "Wait List Deadline" of March 12, 2021 - and we were told by Cadillac that if anyone backed out of a reservation, Cadillac would backfill from the Wait List (HA! Dealers simply held onto the orders!) - And so our order has been sitting at 1100 since Feb 23rd 2021! We did everything right. Yet somehow, Cadillac can't seem to understand that we, as a Launch Event Customer, had no insights into the future Allocation Process that would reward some dealers and ignore others (like our dealer). Yes - we are very patient people. But somehow, your order dated 1/31/22 just doesn't seem fair to build before ours.

Cadillac- what can you do to "make this right" for us and others whose orders were placed as part of the original "Wait List Deadline" of March 12, 2021?

End of rant - sorry! I'm usually a mild, mannered reporter wearing glasses!

I had the feeling that the above post would evoke a response. People started resorting to multiple dealer orders to try to avoid getting left behind. I really think it is the fault (perhaps not fully their own) of some dealers not keeping up or having low allocations.

I had to go to a second dealer to get my order moving and it is a regular 5V.

Pardon my lack of excitement for you .... HOWEVER, CADILLAC - there is something very broken about the BW Launch Event/Allocation process! We attended the virtual Blackwing Launch Event in February 2021 - We tried to get one of the 250 CT5-V BW reservations - No such luck - We immediately got on the "Wait List" - Placed our order prior to the "Wait List Deadline" of March 12, 2021 - and we were told by Cadillac that if anyone backed out of a reservation, Cadillac would backfill from the Wait List (HA! Dealers simply held onto the orders!) - And so our order has been sitting at 1100 since Feb 23rd 2021! We did everything right. Yet somehow, Cadillac can't seem to understand that we, as a Launch Event Customer, had no insights into the future Allocation Process that would reward some dealers and ignore others (like our dealer). Yes - we are very patient people. But somehow, your order dated 1/31/22 just doesn't seem fair to build before ours.

Cadillac- what can you do to "make this right" for us and others whose orders were placed as part of the original "Wait List Deadline" of March 12, 2021?

This is awful, first and foremost. Also I think something is seriously wrong with your dealership or agent. I feel like they had to have missed multiple timelines for it to get that bad. Moral of the story for current buyers is if I were doing it again I wouldn’t think twice about placing multiple orders.

I feel for you and am pulling for you @MrsCTS-V as I know that you've been here since the very beginning.

I had to almost beg the dealer to find out if he could order one. They kept trying to have me order a non blackwing ct5-v until I finally told them I was going to another dealer 60 miles away. That being said my order was accepted in October and I am still waiting for the car today (3800 status). This dealership doesn’t sell many “flashy” cars. Mostly Escalades and smaller Cadillac suvs. I also tried to get one of the first 250 but failed.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back