Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Allocations

The other day I spoke with another dealer 20 miles from the dealer I placed my order with, in Sept. As I wanted to see if they sold any 5BW's and what kind of wait list they had. Supposedly they have sold a few 5BW's already and have a wait list with 3 folks and ADM of 2500-.

My dealer has not sold any 5BW's and I'm first on the list, also helps I don't have any C/F to worry about or ADM's.

How nice would it be IF we only knew how many allocations a certain dealer could obtain? I believe this would certainly help with the anxiety level. LOL

When I ordered my GT500 that dealer knew they had 3 allocations assigned of which I was 2nd. As it turns out, they only received 3 cars. At least they stated this, and I know they had a long wait list; however, all this info was disclosed upfront. Boy...the good old days...

You guys opting out of the CF packages are missing out. The finish is ridiculous in person. It is worth the extra wait.
A matter of taste, really, isn’t it, which makes “worth” the key word in this statement given the tremendous cost of additional carbon fibre.
In my view, it isn’t, in part because a person who is not a car enthusiast - say, for example, my wife - who might nevertheless appreciate a car with snappy styling or paint would not see carbon fibre as anything other than some kind of hard plastic finished with an interesting pattern.
And in my case she’s kind of paying for half of the car, so…

The way I roll!!

Attachments

• purple-pimp-costume.jpg
    purple-pimp-costume.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 75
I like the CF look on some colors, but would have like to have another option like our C7 Z06. It had the factory stage 2 aero kit (carbon fiber front splitter with small winglets, full length side skirts in carbon fiber and a more aggressive rear spoiler with two small wickers) that was painted (carbon flash - basically gloss black) vs being exposed CF. It saved a few dollars from the exposed CF (the protective clear paint for CF to be exposed is $$... $60,000 per gallon!) and we like the black contrast better than the gray-ish finish of CF. We have CF1 on our build, but are willing to drop it to get an alocation car.

Last edited:
I would also have liked the CF1 rear wing, however the front splitter wouldnt last a week around here. I am hopeful this can be retrofit..

The natural tan carbon backed seats would have also gone well with rift, but alas was also on constraint when I ordered.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to spec another for the final model year.

I have opted for the CF1 for the rear wing but I'm unsure about the CF seats. Has anyone personally compared the mid level and CF seats? As per the info the higher level seats also have better leather?

@Rob can you please remove my original order ZSXT12 and replace it with my order BJHJ5G? My dealer called today and said they have an allocation!.... without CF. The chat bot already notes it as "order accepted", so looks like I'm off 1100 (with the CF compromise) and onto the build journey. All the best to everyone on the list.

@Rob can you please remove my original order ZSXT12 and replace it with my order BJHJ5G? My dealer called today and said they have an allocation!.... without CF. The chat bot already notes it as "order accepted", so looks like I'm off 1100 (with the CF compromise) and onto the build journey. All the best to everyone on the list.
Done

I'm using Finch in London. Morgan, one of the salesman posts every Friday on his Youtube channel about what his Thursday allocations are from GM along with constraints so he's a pretty straight shooter and you know exactly what vehicles he is getting. All cars are MSRP.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back