Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Allocations

Ordered my 5 first week of September. Dealer just contacted me and told me Cadillac increased the allocations. He thinks my car will be ordered this week and is waiting to talk to the person who orders for them tomorrow.
This might actually happen!
False alarm. Dealer just told me he didn’t receive the allocation.

False alarm. Dealer just told me he didn’t receive the allocation.
Allocations are issued on Thursdays . . . on Tuesdays, the orders are accepted for any allocations that have been issued . . . if he actually received an allocation, he either should have known last week on Thursday whether he had an allocation that could be used for your order or not, or he used that allocation for another order . . .

Allocations are issued on Thursdays . . . on Tuesdays, the orders are accepted for any allocations that have been issued . . . if he actually received an allocation, he either should have known last week on Thursday whether he had an allocation that could be used for your order or not, or he used that allocation for another order . . .
Thanks for the updates. I’ll be better informed next time I talk to my dealer.

This question is for a non-Blackwing CT4-V but I see this is an allocation thread so I'll post it here. I'm waiting for an allocation up here in Canada for a CT4-V (non-BW).

When a dealer gets an allocation for non-special cars lol, is it for a specific trim of the car? e.g. allocation for CT4 Premium Luxury. OR, is it an allocation for a CT4 and the dealer (in my case) could place an order for a CT4-V (subject to constraints)?

There's barely ANY CT4s in general in stock on Canadian Cadillac dealer websites so I wonder if in the New Year a "miniature flood gates" scenario will occur where Canadian dealers will at some point start to be able to order some CT4s (and hopefully mine!)

Thanks for reading!

I got the constraints call this morning. We are working with Armen - a small dealer just outside of Philly. Great to work with. I am 1st on the list of 5. They called this morning and said they are getting an allocation at the end of this month (January). If I want it, we need to drop CF1. So everything that's shared here is accurate. It's a crap shoot... he said I can wait and who knows, maybe in Feb, March, never? he gets another slot available WITH CF. The deciding factor - my awesome wife, She said F-it, let's take this slot :)

You can always add the CF1 later. If given the choice I'd also order mine without CF1 if it was on constraint and if the CF1 is something I want I'll add it later.

Has any dealer told their customers when GM stops issuing allocations for the current Model Year? You have scheduled plant shutdown for model year switch in the summer, which means sometime in the spring (I think it is March if I recall) they aren't allocating any new cars because all build slots have been assigned.

I just left all of the facebook groups because it was insane how dealers just wouldn't stop telling people oh we are getting allocation (Sewell), when they know that the chance of getting more decreases by the week.

Just my rant for the morning

Has any dealer told their customers when GM stops issuing allocations for the current Model Year? You have scheduled plant shutdown for model year switch in the summer, which means sometime in the spring (I think it is March if I recall) they aren't allocating any new cars because all build slots have been assigned.

I just left all of the facebook groups because it was insane how dealers just wouldn't stop telling people oh we are getting allocation (Sewell), when they know that the chance of getting more decreases by the week.

I’m not sure what’s going on but I noticed a lot of allocations did move mid December and some are at 3400

Will they get built? I’d say it’s moving quick and the bottleneck lies mores with delivery of built vehicles and CF packages

I got the constraints call this morning. We are working with Armen - a small dealer just outside of Philly. Great to work with. I am 1st on the list of 5. They called this morning and said they are getting an allocation at the end of this month (January). If I want it, we need to drop CF1. So everything that's shared here is accurate. It's a crap shoot... he said I can wait and who knows, maybe in Feb, March, never? he gets another slot available WITH CF. The deciding factor - my awesome wife, She said F-it, let's take this slot :)
I previously read dealers get notified of any allocations on Tuesday of each week.
Can anyone confirm or deny?

If you only knew how many of the weekly allocations Sewell gets you would understand..

This question is for a non-Blackwing CT4-V but I see this is an allocation thread so I'll post it here. I'm waiting for an allocation up here in Canada for a CT4-V (non-BW).

When a dealer gets an allocation for non-special cars lol, is it for a specific trim of the car? e.g. allocation for CT4 Premium Luxury. OR, is it an allocation for a CT4 and the dealer (in my case) could place an order for a CT4-V (subject to constraints)?

There's barely ANY CT4s in general in stock on Canadian Cadillac dealer websites so I wonder if in the New Year a "miniature flood gates" scenario will occur where Canadian dealers will at some point start to be able to order some CT4s (and hopefully mine!)

Thanks for reading!
Both. There’s a certain amount of allocation for a vehicle model and then constraints on the trim.

In example.
10 CT4’s allocated to dealer and they have the following constraints.
4 - can be CT4-V
1 - can be CT4-V blackwing
0 - carbon fiber

In this case a dealer could order 3 premium luxury, 2 sports, 4 CT4-V and 1 blackwing without carbon.

Or

In this case they could order 10 sports

Or

10 premium luxuries.

Etc.

To add, if the dealer had allocation for 10 and only ordered 5, Cadillac will typically re-issue those unused allocations to other dealers.

Make sense?

Both. There’s a certain amount of allocation for a vehicle model and then constraints on the trim.

In example.
10 CT4’s allocated to dealer and they have the following constraints.
4 - can be CT4-V
1 - can be CT4-V blackwing
0 - carbon fiber

In this case a dealer could order 3 premium luxury, 2 sports, 4 CT4-V and 1 blackwing without carbon.

Or

In this case they could order 10 sports

Or

10 premium luxuries.

Etc.

To add, if the dealer had allocation for 10 and only ordered 5, Cadillac will typically re-issue those unused allocations to other dealers.

Make sense?
That for sure makes sense! Thank you for the info!

Hopefully soon an allocation comes my way!

Thanks for reading!

Hi there,

I live in Newfoundland and Labrador and I bought a CT4-V AWD last July. The only one in the province and I love it. Perhaps the nicest car I've ever owned (beside my 2018 Camaro SS convertible which is currently stored for the winter). Would love to get the BW as well. Good luck and hope you get yours.

Hi there,

I live in Newfoundland and Labrador and I bought a CT4-V AWD last July. The only one in the province and I love it. Perhaps the nicest car I've ever owned (beside my 2018 Camaro SS convertible which is currently stored for the winter). Would love to get the BW as well. Good luck and hope you get yours.
Hey Neil - that's awesome! Only one in the province! I bet when it's all said and done a few years from now you'll still be among only a very small handful!

How did the process/progress go if you don't mind me asking? How long did you wait from placing an order to actually get the car? Also, I see very little about Cadillac extended warranties in Canada.. I want to at least be prepared when I'm sure they bring it up.. did they try to sell you one on signing day? I'm usually not an extended warranty guy but I had a nebulous wiring harness DISASTER effect my 2018 Ridgeline and the extended warranty saved us an un-godly amount in labour costs so who knows I may ponder it.

Thanks for the reply!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners