Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Allocations

@RupertH ....I don't think it's a matter of dealer stock orders being filled before ours. They are not supposed to do that. I think a lot of people have backed out, whether cooler heads prevailed, or like many of us, tired of waiting. Also depends on what equipment was or wasn't ordered. Yes, it's frustrating....very frustrating.

As I understand the allocation situation (dealer gets CT5 allocation, then constrained BW allocation as a percent), Lord knows when I'll see mine. Even though my sales manager says end of Q1. I find that hard to believe. Keep thefaith, brother, as am I. For now.

Per Rob's registry, there have been 5 dealer stock BW5s added. Even assuming he's got 100% of the data (which I believe he's relying on owners for), that's still 5 dealer orders that have already been fulfilled.

It looks like he's tracking sales, so any additional dealer inventory sitting on Autotrader would not be reflected in that total, and it seems likely that at least a few of them are- the options ordered smacks of dealer's inventory manager involvement.

If anyone from Cadillac is listening, I'll throw this out there: I don't really want or care about Carbon Fiber, I just didn't want a suede seatback that will be kicked by rear seat passengers. Replace the CF shell with regular leather and I'm happy, even if you don't refund any cost of the high-end seats!

Well, if that's true, that really stinks. Sounds like you've done your research. Again, unless they've order pretty base cars, and we've ordered loaded ones. GM will build what they can. It's all about the money!

Well, if that's true, that really stinks. Sounds like you've done your research. Again, unless they've order pretty base cars, and we've ordered loaded ones. GM will build what they can. It's all about the money!
You bring up a valid point- maybe they got cars because they spec'd them in a way that absolutely no actual buyer of the vehicle would... sort of the dictionary definition of an inventory manager, right? ;)

What I see on Autotrader is a lot of Dark Emerald Frost. Those cars were batch painted. I know my dealer ordered at least one 5, not sure about any 4's. So, if a dealer ordered one for stock, GM had to build it. There is supposed to be a second batch, but as with everything else, who knows.

Of the 71 CT5 BWs on Autotrader, 29 are manuals so those are the only ones I care about. Of those 29, only 3 or so have VINs over 250. Wouldn’t that mean only 3 cars are dealer stock? I don’t know, I’ve stopped trying to figure it out. I’ve got an M5 on a boat in the Caribbean that will be in TX by the weekend. It’s missing an audio module and will probably sit at the port for another 8 weeks.

Attachments

• 4D46A803-E9D4-4E65-8CFF-0DA36E872D6B.jpeg
    4D46A803-E9D4-4E65-8CFF-0DA36E872D6B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 93
Of the 71 CT5 BWs on Autotrader, 29 are manuals so those are the only ones I care about. Of those 29, only 3 or so have VINs over 250. Wouldn’t that mean only 3 cars are dealer stock? I don’t know, I’ve stopped trying to figure it out. I’ve got an M5 on a boat in the Caribbean that will be in TX by the weekend. It’s missing an audio module and will probably sit at the port for another 8 weeks.
If you get the m5 and your bw5 is manual let a brother take over 👀

I have two orders in 1100 purgatory….

Last 3 of the VIN is reused. For example, there are two 145s, two 146s, and two 147s. This appears to be one per transmission option, but not always (I see in the registery some cases where two VIN are both manual)

I am VIN 190, but I'm not part of the initial 250. For manuals, the collectors edition (option YM8) appears to end around VIN 170

I can't say all, but many of the cars listed on Autotrader get there automatically when a car comes into dealer inventory, whether already sold or not. Back in the summer I must have emailed 15 different dealers about Autotrader listings and each one was a customer order that auto-populated into dealer stock, and therefore their automatic Autotrader listings, but it wasn't actually for sale.

I can't say all, but many of the cars listed on Autotrader get there automatically when a car comes into dealer inventory, whether already sold or not. Back in the summer I must have emailed 15 different dealers about Autotrader listings and each one was a customer order that auto-populated into dealer stock, and therefore their automatic Autotrader listings, but it wasn't actually for sale.
I believe my dealer told me that GM automatically puts cars on dealer sites, then it trickles to third party sites like Autotrader, Cargurus and Cars.com. It's up to the dealer to change, delete, etc the listing.

I believe my dealer told me that GM automatically puts cars on dealer sites, then it trickles to third party sites like Autotrader, Cargurus and Cars.com. It's up to the dealer to change, delete, etc the listing.
Yea, my car was on the dealer site for weeks before it arrived, even though it was sold….

Anyone know if dealers have control over order sequencing? i.e., say I was 'next' on their list based on order number, could the dealer bypass my order and give the allocation to someone who ordered later? Not that I think that's happened, but I'm curious just how much control the dealers have.

Yea, my car was on the dealer site for weeks before it arrived, even though it was sold….
Sketchy, but I could see the argument that if you don't buy, they're paying to floor it until it sells and there's probably a decent percentage of those orders that don't close as planned.

Anyone know if dealers have control over order sequencing? i.e., say I was 'next' on their list based on order number, could the dealer bypass my order and give the allocation to someone who ordered later? Not that I think that's happened, but I'm curious just how much control the dealers have.

Generally, it works the same for any brand. A dealer has an open allocation for a certain model. They put in an order and it gets accepted. They have until a certain day before production to make changes to that order before it's locked. So a dealer could change the options on an order before it's locked to match what another customer wanted if they desired.

What is most common though is that dealer or sales staff member lie or aren't upfront about having an available allocation. Then it takes awhile before they get one. So the customer thinks their order is in the system and accepted but it's just in queue waiting for that to happen.

Last edited:
Generally, it works the same for any brand. A dealer has an open allocation for a certain model. They put in an order and it gets accepted. They have until a certain day before production to make changes to that order before it's locked. So a dealer could change the options on an order before it's locked to match what another customer wanted if they desired.

What is most common though is that dealer or sales staff member lie or aren't upfront about having an available allocation. Then it takes awhile before they get one. So the customer thinks their order is in the system and accepted but it's just in queue waiting for that to happen.
I guess what I'm asking is does the dealer have any control over which orders are accepted. Say a dealer has an order ABC001 and order ABC200 sitting at 1100. Given that they're alphanumerically timecoded, 001 was placed earlier than 200. If the dealer gets an allocation, does the first order placed get automatically pulled into the system? Or, can the dealer tell GM to place the second order against the allocation?

Or, can the dealer tell GM to place the second order against the allocation?

I'm not sure on that part. Depending on whether the system automatically picks it up or if the dealer themselves has to push it through when an allocation opens up would make a big difference in your scenario. Hopefully someone can answer your question.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back