Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Allocations

So if I just decide to place an order at another dealer and get exactly what I want, does that come out of their allocation (if any) or does the order go right in? I realize it may be a while until it gets built, but since I don’t have a timeline on “my” car or really any proof that an order is even placed for it, I’m wondering if I just go ahead and order what I want somewhere else and see what happens.

Appreciate the feedback here, it’s been helpful (just not for my nerves lol)
Any dealer can input essentially an unlimited number of orders but, they’re worthless until such time that they get matched with an allocation.

Any dealer can input essentially an unlimited number of orders but, they’re worthless until such time that they get matched with an allocation.
Ahh ok, so I’d have better luck at a larger dealer or at least one with a known allocation if I want a prayer of ever seeing this car?

Ahh ok, so I’d have better luck at a larger dealer or at least one with a known allocation if I want a prayer of ever seeing this car?
Yes, a known allocation that they are willing to use for you.

I am very curious to hear how your tracking of BMW will go. M
@Mirza Grebovic After submitting my order at the end of July, it locked on 10/26 after a 2 month delay due to various chip shortage issues (infotainment related I believe). It looks like it just hit the production line last night and I've been following it with glee.

It will probably take a few months to get stateside so Cadillac is still in the game if they can get me an allocation after 8 months. I've purchased 3 new GM products since 2015 but there's a chance my V3 will be the last. :(

Attachments

• Mprod2_LI.jpg
    Mprod2_LI.jpg
    858.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Mprod3_LI.jpg
    Mprod3_LI.jpg
    857.3 KB · Views: 125
Fingers crossed man! And hope the Jason Cammisa and other reviews explain which ones worth waiting for!

Its amazing to me that when I went on to the Tesla site last night, I can get an order a Model S Plaid immediately and its production and delivery date is end of December. Its not my first choice but starting to really think about Electric and Tesla as an alternative.

M5 update. After following it down the line through the assembly process, it made it to the port in Bremerhaven within 7 days of starting production. After a few days at the port, it's now on a vessel named the Sirius Highway eventually making its way to the Port of Galveston. A quick stop in Belgium yesterday and on to Britain today. Once it gets stateside there's a stop sale due to a missing audio module. I've been told that it will be installed at the port but people have been waiting anywhere from a few days to a month to get theirs done.

I asked my Cadillac salesman to update my order to remove all CF on my Blackwing over a week ago in a last ditch attempt to get my order in. He usually sends me the updated order. I haven't heard back from him.

Attachments

• port_LI.jpg
    port_LI.jpg
    710.1 KB · Views: 109
  • vessel.png
    vessel.png
    234.9 KB · Views: 105
M5 update. After following it down the line through the assembly process, it made it to the port in Bremerhaven within 7 days of starting production. After a few days at the port, it's now on a vessel named the Sirius Highway eventually making its way to the Port of Galveston. A quick stop in Belgium yesterday and on to Britain today. Once it gets stateside there's a stop sale due to a missing audio module. I've been told that it will be installed at the port but people have been waiting anywhere from a few days to a month to get theirs done.

I asked my Cadillac salesman to update my order to remove all CF on my Blackwing over a week ago in a last ditch attempt to get my order in. He usually sends me the updated order. I haven't heard back from him.
That's awesome!! Cadillac should take note as that's how you keep your customers informed.

The M5 is a great car. I had an 18 M5 C (when they still sounded tits) and loved it to bits.

DSC04600_zpswqssziez.jpeg

If it weren't for the manual I would have gotten a M5CS instead of the BW, but that manual in a sea of fast automatic cars is irresistible and irreplaceable. Honestly, even if I got word that my BW was delayed by a year I'd still stick with it.

If I’m being honest, of course I’d rather have the Blackwing with a manual. I’d have no problem waiting a year for it either. It’s the whole way that this whole debacle has been/is going down. It’s like they’re doing me a favor by selling me a car. I asked my sales guy to make some changes to my order over a week ago and I’ve had no response since. I followed up today and I got a one line reply that he turned over to his manager to take care of and he doesn’t know the status. I haven’t been bugging them for months either because I don’t want to be that guy. I’ve been patient but this whole thing rubs me the wrong way.

I had an issue with my BMW dealer at first contact. The sales guy told me he had an allocation for me and then he told me the next day it would be about 30 days before I got an order number. After all the hassle with GM I was in no mood for games so I thanked him for his time. Within 30 minutes the sales director reached out to me and told me they’d have an allocation for me the next day. They made good on their promise and gave me a discount as a courtesy even though there are a line of people behind me waiting for an M5. In other words, they earned my business.

Besides al that, I’ve been buying American cars since 2005 and I just feel like maybe it’s time for something different. I had a manual SS before my V3 so I feel I scratched the manual itch for now. Besides, I can always pick up a Blackwing when the hype dies down in a few years. :)

If I’m being honest, of course I’d rather have the Blackwing with a manual. I’d have no problem waiting a year for it either. It’s the whole way that this whole debacle has been/is going down. It’s like they’re doing me a favor by selling me a car. I asked my sales guy to make some changes to my order over a week ago and I’ve had no response since. I followed up today and I got a one line reply that he turned over to his manager to take care of and he doesn’t know the status. I haven’t been bugging them for months either because I don’t want to be that guy. I’ve been patient but this whole thing rubs me the wrong way.

I had an issue with my BMW dealer at first contact. The sales guy told me he had an allocation for me and then he told me the next day it would be about 30 days before I got an order number. After all the hassle with GM I was in no mood for games so I thanked him for his time. Within 30 minutes the sales director reached out to me and told me they’d have an allocation for me the next day. They made good on their promise and gave me a discount as a courtesy even though there are a line of people behind me waiting for an M5. In other words, they earned my business.

Besides al that, I’ve been buying American cars since 2005 and I just feel like maybe it’s time for something different. I had a manual SS before my V3 so I feel I scratched the manual itch for now. Besides, I can always pick up a Blackwing when the hype dies down in a few years. :)

I think the way forward for you may be to put in another BW order now. Chances are you won't get it delivered for a year to a year and a half. You can enjoy the M5 until then without stressing when the BW will get to you. Win win.

I think the way forward for you may be to put in another BW order now. Chances are you won't get it delivered for a year to a year and a half. You can enjoy the M5 until then without stressing when the BW will get to you. Win win.
That’s not a bad idea. I’m interested to see what the ‘23 MY will bring. I don’t expect a ton of changes but maybe some different colors.

Again, I don’t want to make it sound like I’m whining here. I’m so fortunate to be in a position to consider either one of these cars. It’s about spending my money wisely (or at least my definition of wisely haha).

That’s not a bad idea. I’m interested to see what the ‘23 MY will bring. I don’t expect a ton of changes but maybe some different colors.

Again, I don’t want to make it sound like I’m whining here. I’m so fortunate to be in a position to consider either one of these cars. It’s about spending my money wisely (or at least my definition of wisely haha).
I also have considered cancelling my order and waiting until '23 or '24 MY. I figure it might have some additions or changes, plus the ADM might die down. Not to mention the chip shortage might change and you could get a car in 8 weeks,

Ordered our CT5 BW first week of June going on 6 months took 8 months for my DMAX CC to come in, fingers crossed only 2 months to go! At this point it could wait till March

Who ever has a manual ct5 bw with mid tier and carbon brakes and wants to cancel don’t be a meanie and let us 1100 people take it over.

Received a surprise phone call from my dealer yesterday. He asked me to reconfirm the specs for my order. Told me their person who does the ordering thought they could get the order allocation and have it submitted within 30 days but no promises. I originally put a deposit down 1st week of Sept 21.
My gut tells me the process for my build has sped up because I just cancelled the $6K seat option (carbon fiber backs) and did not order any of the carbon fiber trim options. Dealer told me the constraints for CF parts seems to change every week or so.

We have passed a milestone... The first accepted order of the tracked orders that are so new the numbers wrapped back around to the front!

Perhaps it's an artificial milestone, but I can't help but look at that "BC" order code sitting at 3000 and the 71 new BWs listed on Autotrader at the moment (none that match my order, natch.) telling me that there a lot of non-customer orders that have been prioritized over mine. It's looking more and more likely that rather than my plan of buying 2 Caddys in the near future, I'll be buying zero GM products ever again.

I was hoping to join the V club, but such is life. Rode in a Q7 this weekend- it's pretty much everything an XT6 is and more, plus a 500HP V8 option.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back