Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

A little Blackwing action for Independence Day

poor-sha

Seasoned Member
Since it's Independence Day in America I thought I'd post a little track video from this past week with the Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing.

The lack of seat time this year is showing in my driving so no new best laps but the car felt great on track.

Turn it up and listen to 668 HP of 'Murica!

Wow, amazing - thanks for posting! Nothing like a good old 'Murican V8! Long live hydrocarbons. It's amazing to watch how quickly the speed builds in the lower gears. BTW - is that actual video or preloaded for that track? Nice job!

Wow, amazing - thanks for posting! Nothing like a good old 'Murican V8! Long live hydrocarbons. It's amazing to watch how quickly the speed builds in the lower gears. BTW - is that actual video or preloaded for that track? Nice job!
Not sure I understand your question but that is straight out of the PDR.

I was wondering if that was actual cam video or from the PDR - you answered me. Thanks!

Rev match on. I tried to keep it in track-sport the entire event so I had a safety net. However, that last session I switched it to track-race after a couple of laps.

Nice driving!
Do you use stock pads? CCB?
How did the breaks hold up ?
Stock CCB brakes. They are holding up well so far. I did put a fresh set of front pads on before I went but that was because I was supposed to be there for four days and didn’t want to worry about changing pads.

I would be interested to know if your times would improve any using Flat foot shifting...
Yes, in retrospect I should've done some NLS. It's hard to do that right on 4-5 shifts but at least on 3-4 shifts when you're on a straight it usually helps. It might be worth a tenth or two over the lap.

I've largely stopped doing it because on the C7s you would sometimes do a NLS and the car would bog slightly like the TC was kicking in. I haven't had the experience with the Blackwing and should use that more. Thanks for the suggestion.

@poor-sha , how are the stock tires doing? How much track time do you have on them?
I’ll have to post up the details later but so far I’m really pleased. I believe I have 5 or 6 track days on the set of tires that came with the car and they seem fine still for street use. They are way better than the PS4S that came on my C8.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back