Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4BW General Questions Thread

ct4 blackwing. Bleeding off turbo psi after shutting car off. 5- 20 seconds immediately after turning car off. Noise coming from top of motor. Dealer says it’s normal. Anybody experienced this ?
Can you hear it from inside the car with the hood closed? Because I hear nothing like that, but I haven't exactly listened for it.

Yes I can hear it in car, with hood closed and windows up. My 3 year old nephew ask what’s that noise.

Last edited:
I'm going to try that on my car and see if it makes any kind of noise like that. I think shbox is right, though.

OK! I just went out and checked, and my car makes the same noise as yours, just much, much quieter. I can't hear it with the hood closed. Here is a video:

I think you definitely have a pump going bad.

how many miles should I expect out of the stock tires if not tracking?
I got 25,000 miles on the Michelins fronts that came on my 2018 ATS-V, but about half that on the rears. All simple street driving and no burnouts.

After 1500 miles I just noticed that a circular light around the gear indicator will pop up randomly in orange or green. I assume it’s an indicator of when to upshift? It’s so inconsistent that I’m not so sure. Can someone explain?

After 1500 miles I just noticed that a circular light around the gear indicator will pop up randomly in orange or green. I assume it’s an indicator of when to upshift? It’s so inconsistent that I’m not so sure. Can someone explain?
I believe that is the recommended shift indication when the car is not up to temp yet. When the engine is still cold the ring turns orange at around 4000 rpm. If you notice, once the car is up to operating temp they don’t show anymore and it’s time to let er rip tater chip.

There was another thread about this. They are shift rings and go from green>orange>red when you are driving aggressively. Red is redline and time to shift.

I believe that is the recommended shift indication when the car is not up to temp yet. When the engine is still cold the ring turns orange at around 4000 rpm. If you notice, once the car is up to operating temp they don’t show anymore and it’s time to let er rip tater chip.
What temp is considered fully warmed up?

No, don't think so. The rings won't show up when the engine is below 158 F (per the manual). With an A10 they only show up in manual mode. M6 they are always there (temp permitting).

No, don't think so. The rings won't show up when the engine is below 158 F (per the manual). With an A10 they only show up in manual mode. M6 they are always there (temp permitting).
There’s a green gear that shows up when it’s in some type of performance mode with the A10 when you’re not in manual mode as well.

There’s a green gear that shows up when it’s in some type of performance mode with the A10 when you’re not in manual mode as well.
The green gear comes up when it detects you're driving more 'spiritedly' and adjusts the shifting likewise😉

Mysterious rings...

Anybody else had issues with the tire temp readout? For instance today I was on the highway for 30 mins 70-80mph in 100+ degree weather and it said “cool” which it obviously was not before suddenly jumping to “warm” (“normal” never appeared)

I am thinking this is related to getting new tires last week. Not sure if this is something that can be recalibrated or I’m going to need to get the sensor replaced

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back