Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4BW General Questions Thread

Did you find an Easter egg? What exactly does this do? You press V Mode while starting the car and it puts you in VMode right away or does it keep the exhaust wide open when it defaults back to Tour Mode?
It puts you in Vmode. No default to Tour.

If I order a replacement trunk for a CT4V, will it fit the BW? I assume it will then need to be painted to color match…

If I order a replacement trunk for a CT4V, will it fit the BW? I assume it will then need to be painted to color match…
Should be exactly the same. No differences that I know of between trim levels.
You trying to go with the wingless look?

Should be exactly the same. No differences that I know of between trim levels.
You trying to go with the wingless look?
Yes. Seems to be a good option. Not sure how much the paint will cost but the trunk lid is surprisingly inexpensive.

Having the new front bumper painted for me was just under $500 from the local body shop. The trunk lid may be similar, but mine was drop off and pick-up, no installation.

2. Unfortunately not. Been this way for years on the corvette and Camaros with rev match. Annoying that they don’t make this a persistent setting.
This was discussed in another thread on the Driving Academy, where it was explained that the persistent Rev match mode feature is apparently patented by another company. So GM can't do it. Or so "they" say....

This was discussed in another thread on the Driving Academy, where it was explained that the persistent Rev match mode feature is apparently patented by another company. So GM can't do it. Or so "they" say....
My educated guess is that GM certifies the car for emissions with rev match off, therefore legally it can't be on by default. It's the same reason that any driving mode change that alters throttle mapping doesn't persist after an ignition cycle.

Service your wife, girlfriend or whatever youre into or someone else will! Give it a break brain boy^^^^!

Don't modify posts made by other Ops for your "likes"! Thank you sir, have a great day!

Does anyone know what the correct part# for chrome wheel lock nuts on 4BW?
I recently ordered some through the caddy app, #85553527. And when order was delivered to dealer, parts mgr gives me #85664839, saying they are the replacement to the previous.
And when compared to the oem non-locking nuts, they stand taller. Is that normal?

Attachments

• 3FBCFE23-2870-4391-91C8-6A1EA26231A7.jpeg
    3FBCFE23-2870-4391-91C8-6A1EA26231A7.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
My educated guess is that GM certifies the car for emissions with rev match off, therefore legally it can't be on by default. It's the same reason that any driving mode change that alters throttle mapping doesn't persist after an ignition cycle.
But you can permanently turn off the engine auto-stop/start feature...

Service your wife, girlfriend or whatever youre into or someone else will! Give it a break brain boy^^^^!

Don't modify posts made by other Ops for your "likes"! Thank you sir, have a great day!
Try again in English, maybe? Literally nothing you say makes any sense.

Last edited:
how many miles should I expect out of the stock tires if not tracking?

Just driving I'd say 15 to 20k. 4S start to get fairly noisy near their end of life though. So expect a lot more tire noise if you try to get everything you can out of them.

I'm new to this car, but that seems optimistic to me. I've never had a set of Max Perf tires last more than ~12K miles (granted, those probably all had at least one track day on them), and with Michelin max Perf tires it's been even less. The way this car brings out the hooligan in me, I feel like I will be replacing the rears even more frequently than that.

My last visit to the dealership was at 17,500 miles and they said I will need to get new tires next time I'm in

ct4 blackwing. Bleeding off turbo psi after shutting car off. 5- 20 seconds immediately after turning car off. Noise coming from top of motor. Dealer says it’s normal. Anybody experienced this ?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back