Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2nd gear 6MT

The worst 2nd gear grind on a TR6060 is when you think you are about to come to a stop, but (light turns green) and you are still at 5-10mph and you try to select 2nd and let out the clutch instead of coming to a stop.

Hmmm. Granted I’m still at low miles, 2300, but have never had a 2nd gear grind.

^^^^^^Nope, same here^^^^^^. Even in the cooler temps I'm not experiencing any issues

Somebody just opened Pandora's box!🤣
DD81FF23-EAEF-4599-AC31-DB906118453E.gif

750 miles, all my gears are smooth smooth.

The 2nd gear issues get worse the colder the car is. I'm not driving differently the colder the car is.

No argument from me that 2nd gear is funky. And no argument that cold makes it worse.

I was simply commenting on the idea that there is some big variation in the quality of the gearboxes. It seems more likely to me that there is a big variation in driving styles between the various members here.

Unless I am spanking a car, my style is to shift gently (literally with my fingertips at times) and at low RPM. My natural driving style is pretty much the worst possible way to operate this gearbox.

No argument from me that 2nd gear is funky. And no argument that cold makes it worse.

I was simply commenting on the idea that there is some big variation in the quality of the gearboxes. It seems more likely to me that there is a big variation in driving styles between the various members here.

Unless I am spanking a car, my style is to shift gently (literally with my fingertips at times) and at low RPM. My natural driving style is pretty much the worst possible way to operate this gearbox.
I don’t know, my wife has a Camaro SS with the 6 speed and I would think it’s same transmission. Her car is smooth every gear even below zero temps. My BW needs some of the techniques from this thread to be smooth.

I don’t know, my wife has a Camaro SS with the 6 speed and I would think it’s same transmission. Her car is smooth every gear even below zero temps. My BW needs some of the techniques from this thread to be smooth.

That's definitely interesting.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners