Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2nd gear 6MT

Thank you, thank you very much! I had to Google what a "handy" is and now I'm going to get flagged at work by the IT guys! But your probably right! 😁 Happy Friday everyone!
@Tall Steve don't you work from home 😂? Is "IT" just your wife checking your browser history?

I was recently on a road trip vacation with the car outside overnight with temperatures down to 20F. Transmission was perfect. Guess I got lucky with a good one.

I was recently on a road trip vacation with the car outside overnight with temperatures down to 20F. Transmission was perfect. Guess I got lucky with a good one.
You did. Mine gives me shit like every time I get in and I live in SoCal. I just chalk it up to feedback. Although I may end up swapping gear oil out for the Tremec stuff eventually, after warranty expires.

If I can I do the ol' 1-3-5 shift when I'm cruising around town.

You did. Mine gives me shit like every time I get in and I live in SoCal. I just chalk it up to feedback. Although I may end up swapping gear oil out for the Tremec stuff eventually, after warranty expires.

If I can I do the ol' 1-3-5 shift when I'm cruising around town.
No reason to wait for warranty. The HP-MTF is direct replacement for Dexron III. Meets the spec.

Btw - for those swapping, the first time, drain, fill, drive (around the block is sufficient), then drain and fill again. There is no other way to get the fluid out of the coolers.

Btw - for those swapping, the first time, drain, fill, drive (around the block is sufficient), then drain and fill again. There is no other way to get the fluid out of the coolers.
Well that's super annoying. Especially given the cost of this fluid per quart...

No reason to wait for warranty. The HP-MTF is direct replacement for Dexron III. Meets the spec.

Thanks! So essentially you're filling then dumping new fluid then refill? Seems like a waste?

Have you done this in your 5BW and how much fluid do you use for this procedure?

Also, is a bitch to refill or is it pretty easy to access and have a place to put the bottle so it fills?

I know it's not your job to write up a DIY but just wondering if there are a few tricks you could share with us specific to the BW.

Last edited:
Thanks! So essentially you're filling the. Dumping new fluid then refill? Seems like a waste?

Have you done this in your 5BW and how much fluid do you use for this procedure?
No. Not on BW. On Camaro which uses same TR-6060.

Change qty is 3.6qts. With coolers it’s 5qts.

No. Not on BW. On Camaro which uses same TR-6060.

Change qty is 3.6qts. With coolers it’s 5qts.
Ok. Gotcha. But it's still appoved for our gearbox and do you think it's necessary for both of our transmissions to do the drain fill drain procedure?

Ok. Gotcha. But it's still appoved for our gearbox and do you think it's necessary for both of our transmissions to do the drain fill drain procedure?

Honestly, your call. There is nothing wrong with OEM fluid if your car is a DD. If I was doing more spirited driving (canyon runs, AutoX, track) I would switch. The HP-MTF is from TREMEC and is ostensibly better than Dexron III.

The procedure for the drain, fill, drive, drain, fill is pretty standard when you are dealing with a volume of fluid you can’t empty any other way. The dealer uses an extraction system to get all the old fluid out without driving. Most home DIY folks don’t have that equipment.

That procedure is only used when changing fluid types. It’s not required when doing regular service.

Honestly, your call. There is nothing wrong with OEM fluid if your car is a DD. If I was doing more spirited driving (canyon runs, AutoX, track) I would switch. The HP-MTF is from TREMEC and is ostensibly better than Dexron III.

The procedure for the drain, fill, drive, drain, fill is pretty standard when you are dealing with a volume of fluid you can’t empty any other way. The dealer uses an extraction system to get all the old fluid out without driving. Most home DIY folks don’t have that equipment.

That procedure is only used when changing fluid types. It’s not required when doing regular service.
Right on. I do a similar procedure with changing PS fluids except turning the wheel left to right a few times to get it cleared out.

On my previous diesel truck I would remove return line to trans after fluid change. Start truck momentarily and watch fluid for color change. That would clear lines, remote filter, cooler of old oil then top fluid off.
Should be able to do similar for Tremec. Will get car on lift and check out options.

On my previous diesel truck I would remove return line to trans after fluid change. Start truck momentarily and watch fluid for color change. That would clear lines, remote filter, cooler of old oil then top fluid off.
Should be able to do similar for Tremec. Will get car on lift and check out options.
That would be great if you could find an easily accessible line for the -6060.

Thanks! So essentially you're filling then dumping new fluid then refill? Seems like a waste?

Also, is a bitch to refill or is it pretty easy to access and have a place to put the bottle so it fills?

I know it's not your job to write up a DIY but just wondering if there are a few tricks you could share with us specific to the BW.
BTW - I absoutely will do a write up/video for tranny and eDiff when I finally get my car and get it prepped for track.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back