Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2024 Refresh for CT5 BW?

If they're going forward with the refresh after-all, I'm guessing a run for at least 2 more model years?? After that, maybe we can get the updated V8 plus electrification ala Zora for V5 (and save pure EV for V6!)

I ponder if the cheap portions of interior will be improved? I have to say I don’t like the big monitor, just doesn’t give the vibe of a cockpit like a sports car should have. But I’m sure it will work well. One thing that turned me off from M2 was the new big screen. Looked so odd.

Prob true. It's "fine" but not necessary considering what a BW is capable of. Maybe they are trying to lure old amg v8 buyers. As long as they don't try to remove 2 cylinders from each BW, or do something stupid like the c63, I think it will be ok. To me, there is no value in having a 4cyl transition product and you might as well just go full EV and avoid the complexity.

The story makes sense since they are updating the base 5. I'm sure we will beat this dead horse to no end, but it does bring up many questions.

1-How many will now trade/sell their 22/23's to get the latest 2024 updates? We all love the latest and greatest.

2-How will this effect resale of 22/23, especially if many start to sell/trade?

3-If the 24 gets these updates, does this mean production will continue thru 2025 or even 2026?

4-How about a HP bump? Maybe for 25 or 26?

Just thought I'd throw some gas on the fire.

The story makes sense since they are updating the base 5. I'm sure we will beat this dead horse to no end, but it does bring up many questions.

1-How many will now trade/sell their 22/23's to get the latest 2024 updates? We all love the latest and greatest.

2-How will this effect resale of 22/23, especially if many start to sell/trade?

3-If the 24 gets these updates, does this mean production will continue thru 2025 or even 2026?

4-How about a HP bump? Maybe for 25 or 26?

Just thought I'd throw some gas on the fire.
Great points you bring up, Here's my take:

I'd like to see them improve the quality of the display, esp the black levels with an OLED display.

1. I think people buying the 10A would be more enticed to trade. Tech becomes more important to someone who isn't rowing gears.

2. 10A will be more effected. Sure most people like this sort of thing, plus we haven't seen the bumper refresh so there's that to consider. I think if someone gets offered an amazing trade in value there will be people who will trade just for a new warranty. It would depend on the individual situation.

3. Most likely

4. I hope not but who knows. Maybe a 48v mild hybrid.

Production to start in July. Wonder if they'll make that? 2023 MY was to start in July too, but pushed back. Big question, how much will prices go up? Yet another horse to beat.

2023 MY production began in July. I have 86-011 and it was produced on July 27.

I'm pretty sure GM has never upped HP unless it was an all-new model. The one exception was the Z06 2 decades ago with the LS6 but that was because they weren't ready with emissions @400hp in time for the release (there was some interview with a powertrain engineer about why that happened because it upset the owners of the 1st model year).

Originally it was rumoured that the Blackwing would not get the same update so I don't put much faith into GMauthority reports.

However if it did, it seems like its just getting a giant screen vs a digital cluster and the current infotaintment which honestly I don't care for, I'd rather not have a giant screen taking up half the dash.

If the exterior also changes for the Blackwing I'll be surprised. The Blackwing already has a revised front end because of the extra cooling much like the Camaro ZL1 vs a regular SS and the ZL1 never got any front end changes in the Camaro refresh.

if the Blackwing does get a refresh, it won't amount to anything substantial based on what the regular CT5 is getting so I wouldn't care.

Maybe a 48v mild hybrid.
This is my assumption. The mild hybrid systems being used by the Germans are really sophisticated and make for a better daily drive, but they add unnecessary weight and cost from a performance perspective. I think the CT5 (and CT5-V) may get a mild hybrid, but the Blackwing drivetrain will remain unchanged. I personally don't think the Blackwings' chief engineers would go for a mild hybrid.

When does ordering open for '24's?

I'm pretty sure GM has never upped HP unless it was an all-new model. The one exception was the Z06 2 decades ago with the LS6 but that was because they weren't ready with emissions @400hp in time for the release (there was some interview with a powertrain engineer about why that happened because it upset the owners of the 1st model year).
This^

GM does not want to spend their money taking the car through EPA testing again.

I'm not a fan of large screens, however I am looking forward to this change because the current interior design is lacking behind it's competitors. The screen should make it look and feel more like a 100k car.

2023 MY production began in July. I have 86-011 and it was produced on July 27.
Hmmm? Maybe I was thinking it was to start like July 7th or 10th and it started as you said around the 21st or 25th or so. I know it was pushed back, I was thinking it was like a month or so.

I very likely will place an order if they have a paint color I like and they improve the interior materials. I really miss the Mercedes interior I had before the Blackwing. The display was quite good and very high resolution.

I just got my '23, so not eager to pay $9k in sales tax again for a mild update. However, if they make them through MY25 or MY26 I might pick one up to restart the odometer at 0 since that will truly be the last of the ICE manual super sedans.

Based on the other updated Cadillac interiors, I do think the updated interior looks more current and upscale - I think our current screen setup will look pretty dated in a few years.

With that said, a requirement for me to upgrade would be maintaining current ease of use. It looks like the updated dash still uses the same hard buttons for HVAC and such, so there is hope. Also the revised front end would have to not look materially worse!

I just got my '23, so not eager to pay $9k in sales tax again for a mild update. However, if they make them through MY25 or MY26 I might pick one up to restart the odometer at 0 since that will truly be the last of the ICE manual super sedans.

Based on the other updated Cadillac interiors, I do think the updated interior looks more current and upscale - I think our current screen setup will look pretty dated in a few years.

With that said, a requirement for me to upgrade would be maintaining current ease of use. It looks like the updated dash still uses the same hard buttons for HVAC and such, so there is hope. Also the revised front end would have to not look materially worse!
I think the current screen setup will look better then a giant screen stretched across half the dash. I don't see how you can dispute this, its a much more timeless design and the current Blackwing is as analog as you can possibly get for a current super Sedan and the last thing you want is something that dates it, which the current refresh design does.

I am thrilled my '23 is in my possession. I am now able to completely ignore what the entire automotive universe does - I have the greatest, and very last, V8 manual transmission sedan. And I don't even have to keep an ancient relic running - it's brand new !!

And you're right about AMG - they're eatings their own words. I'm sure they're all throwing up every time they take another battery-laden bite. I can't tell you which issue, but Car & Driver interviewed AMG's chief a while back and he was quoted saying " hear that ? That's why we will always be a V8 company."

So much for that.............

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners