Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2024 Refresh for CT5 BW?

I'm sure the tacked on tablet design language will look dated (across the industry), but its fully sorted and works well so, cool mega-screen bro!

A refresh that fixes flaws, adds power, improves handling, or other meaningful software/hardware updates are the type to get my FOMO machine going. A revised user interface and bold new fascia are not even close to compelling reasons to burn money in a pile of smoldering transaction costs.

If the exterior also changes for the Blackwing I'll be surprised. The Blackwing already has a revised front end because of the extra cooling much like the Camaro ZL1 vs a regular SS and the ZL1 never got any front end changes in the Camaro refresh.
This. They won't change the front end due to all the tweaking that was done to it already. Interior maybe.

FYI....Cadillac Society published the same update, almost word for word, today

The front fascia change is probably to implement the intelligent/adaptive headlights that are now allowed in the US. Maybe the won't have to mess with too much of their already engineered grille structure.

I am thrilled my '23 is in my possession. I am now able to completely ignore what the entire automotive universe does
That was my attitude after getting my 2009 CTS-V...I basically stopped caring about new cars until around 2019 when my wife got her new car. I was happy with my car (and still am) and not worried about new updates or tweaks. When the 3rd gen V came out I wasn't interested because it was an auto only and seemed like it wasn't a huge update over my V2. Going from V1 to V2 however was a completely different story.

I think the current screen setup will look better then a giant screen stretched across half the dash. I don't see how you can dispute this, its a much more timeless design and the current Blackwing is as analog as you can possibly get for a current super Sedan and the last thing you want is something that dates it, which the current refresh design does.
Timeless? The current screen looks 10 years old already.

Timeless? The current screen looks 10 years old already.
Um, yeah. Car reviewers have described the interior of the CT5 in many ways.
"Timeless" is not a word that any of them have ever used for the interior generally or the screen in particular.
At best, they say that it is okay and more than compensated by the Blackwing's capabilities.
Personally, I find the screen and interior rather disappointing given the price of the car
A refresh is a good idea.

I have a different take on the technology and the screens. I find the lexus interface, and some of the other modern ones, to be over the top and difficult to navigate. While the bw graphics may look slightly old school, it is quick and responsive and provides everything you need to see. I wish a little of the other areas on the inside of the car were a bit nicer, but I'll take that screen and its technologies over some of the other ones found on newer cars.

I have a different take on the technology and the screens. I find the lexus interface, and some of the other modern ones, to be over the top and difficult to navigate. While the bw graphics may look slightly old school, it is quick and responsive and provides everything you need to see. I wish a little of the other areas on the inside of the car were a bit nicer, but I'll take that screen and its technologies over some of the other ones found on newer cars.
x2. I appreciate that the interface is quick, responsive, and reasonably easy to navigate. I'd take this kind of function over form ANY day, and I appreciate the hard buttons for HVAC and other items. In my old Civic Type R, waiting 20sec for the screen to boot up just so I can turn on the A/C on a hot day was frustrating and distracting.

The myriad of real buttons is immensely better than navigating endlessly nested menus. I am very happy Cadillac got the message. A few years ago it was the complete opposite.

x2. I appreciate that the interface is quick, responsive, and reasonably easy to navigate. I'd take this kind of function over form ANY day, and I appreciate the hard buttons for HVAC and other items. In my old Civic Type R, waiting 20sec for the screen to boot up just so I can turn on the A/C on a hot day was frustrating and distracting.
Acknowledged and agreed if that is the only choice.
My Mazda CX5, frankly, has a nicer interior than my BW, but the laggy and quirky infotainment system is very frustrating, so I get what you are saying.
But if you can have a responsive and user-friendly infotainment system in a more current and attractive package, why not?
It shouldn't have to be a choice, especially not on a luxury vehicle.

Last edited:
First gen mega-screen; I'm sure the hardware is robust, software is without glitches, and the implementation will be flawless...

Being an early adopter of ground up new infotainment can be a rough experience (see Unconnect 5), particularly when gen 2 comes out and fixes all the issues. I'm far from a luddite, but sorted and well executed wins the day over bleeding edge in my world.

First gen mega-screen; I'm sure the hardware is robust, software is without glitches, and the implementation will be flawless...

Being an early adopter of ground up new infotainment can be a rough experience (see Unconnect 5), particularly when gen 2 comes out and fixes all the issues. I'm far from a luddite, but sorted and well executed wins the day over bleeding edge in my world.
Just judging from pictures, functionally I don't think there's going to be a paradigm shift. I think it's mostly just the two screens fused into one housing, which with other megascreens is often just two screens linked together anyway. It may very well operate similarly to how they do now.

My guess is, revised interior to match the upcoming ct5 interior refresh, since it makes no sense to have two separate interiors.

However by that same logic, revised front end with headlights down below and the squinty eyes like the XT4, again because it makes less sense to have two completely different headlights designs.

Finally, LT4 with the larger blower from the Escalade V. Again it makes sense to use that engine in more than one vehicle. Currently GM is making 3 versions of the LT4. In a more peak Blackwing tune I'd say about 690 to 700hp. I think larger blower LT4 would also go into the Camaro for like a final goodbye edition. The engine will probably soldier on in the Escalade V and revised Blackwing for several more years.

My guess is, revised interior to match the upcoming ct5 interior refresh, since it makes no sense to have two separate interiors.

However by that same logic, revised front end with headlights down below and the squinty eyes like the XT4, again because it makes less sense to have two completely different headlights designs.

Finally, LT4 with the larger blower from the Escalade V. Again it makes sense to use that engine in more than one vehicle. Currently GM is making 3 versions of the LT4. In a more peak Blackwing tune I'd say about 690 to 700hp. I think larger blower LT4 would also go into the Camaro for like a final goodbye edition. The engine will probably soldier on in the Escalade V and revised Blackwing for several more years.
The Escalade blower physically won’t fit in the BW

I definitely see the interior update happening. It is less expensive for a manufacturer to carry a single parts bin vs. two. Exterior, TBD due to functional considerations specific to the BW.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back