Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2024 CT5 Refresh

LV_V

Make absolutely sense because they do not plan to keep BW alive for long so no point in spending R&D money on it.

If the CT5 has a curve like screen, I doubt GM wants to spend the time and money to redo graphics and animations from the BW cluster.

I would welcome a curve screen on the BW as I dislike the 'iPad' looking screen today. I would hope they would include the interior changes and leave the exterior as is similar to what they did previously with the ZL1 Camaros.

Last edited:
This topic was brought up in the BW end date thread. My take is it might be a clue that the BW isn't going to be around for as long as the lesser CT4/5. As another poster said in that thread, it doesn't necessarily mean the end of the BW in '24, but could mean the BW has a shorter life cycle.

I'm not a fan of the tacked-on tablet look of the BW, but the wrap around vibe isn't so great either (thinking long-term ownership here). What was wrong with the integrated screen? TBH, I'm here for the supercharged V8, rear drive manual, so really not sure I care about the screen.

If the Blackwing doesn't get the refresh that most likely points to the fact that it will die out before the CT5 does and so GM doesn't want to waste money. The refresh would most likely only get the new screen if it did.

Also, as least in my opinion, I wouldn't want that wide curved screen in my Blackwing, it looks like an eye sore and I much prefer to have the gauge cluster and infotainment separate.

The front end most likely wouldn't see the same changes as the refreshed CT5 either since its actually quite different already in order to keep the LT4 happy much like how the the front end of the Camaro stayed the same for the ZL1 after its refresh.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back