Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 CADILLAC CT5-V BLACKWING PRICING

What about the PDR makes it better as a dashcam?
I was saying its better than the 360 camera..... I have dash cams in all my cars (except BW's) and the PDR is very comparable and easier to use........ The PDR or a dash cam will tell the story way before the 360 camera.... Again, just my ,02 cents... My dash cams have saved my behind more than once with the dumb ass drivers down here in Texas...

The PDR or a dash cam will tell the story way before the 360 camera

How so when the 360 Camera/Surround Vision Recorder records 4 different angles, while driving, whereas the PDR only records looking forward?

If you get side swiped or rear ended with just PDR on you're kinda SOL....

This thread has gotten way off topic, so I'll "help"!

I think PDR and SVR are complimentary. The PDR seems to record from the top of the windshield so the vantage point is better. It's either higher resolution, or I just perceive it that way because there is less fish-eye to the output. And it records sound. But agree it does nothing for the other angles.

Would be great if you could get a similar feed from the rear-view mirror camera, it's much better (IMO) than the rear-view SVR for the same reasons.

Last edited:
How so when the 360 Camera/Surround Vision Recorder records 4 different angles, while driving, whereas the PDR only records looking forward?

If you get side swiped or rear ended with just PDR on you're kinda SOL....
I didn't think about that, you are right.. I'm such a dumb shit!

Guys please, just tell me if I should get it or not! lol

Thanks for all the back and forth though, this is all good info for those of us trying to make our "cuts."

I'd say it depends on track use. if you really just want it for a dashcam.. there's a lot of systems you can get for $1600 that perform better
Guys please, just tell me if I should get it or not! lol

Thanks for all the back and forth though, this is all good info for those of us trying to make our "cuts."

If the question is PDR, yes. Just get it. Has very cool features, especially if you were to track it.

If it's to get the 5, what are you doing with the M5? Asking for a friend.

I say get it but I'm a dumb ass.....
Yeah, but you're our dumbass!

@Finally-a-V If I was going to get the Blackwing which feels less likely every day, I'd try and sell the M5 and squeeze every penny out of it like everyone else is trying to do. At least I'm honest. Or, I can just trade it and take a bath like I always do. :LOL:

@strohw Exactly. No way I'm paying M5CS money for a Blackwing. If I was willing to do that I'd already have one. With these price increases, it's winding up to be about $10k less than I paid for my M5C. Not sure I'm willing to do that either.

Hmm
So GM thinks the limited edition 5BW should cost the same as a M5 CS? :unsure:
A $7k upcharge for the exact same car in 2023...Is GM is trying to make up some of the 2022 losses for not being able to produce as many vehicles as expected?

I'd suspect that a good amount of those 120 orders will be dealer stock purchases. The $200k question, will they actually sell them with $35-50k ADM on top of MSRP?

A $7k upcharge for the exact same car in 2023...Is GM is trying to make up some of the 2022 losses for not being able to produce as many vehicles as expected?

I'd suspect that a good amount of those 120 orders will be dealer stock purchases. The $200k question, will they actually sell them with $35-50k ADM on top of MSRP?
I'm betting no. The 120th is not different enough to warrant the price bump. If GM had given the car extra HP and special exhaust and/or found a way to lighten the car (like a carbon fiber roof and the long awaited magnesium wheels), and they made these changes unique to the 120th, then 10k and more of added MSRP would be justified. A steering wheel plaque and unique etching on door sills isn't worth 10k. GM provided more or less the same elements for free on the first 250 cars built in having those numbered and signed.

So any idea when you guys gonna start rolling orders into 2023? Also just to make sure, us out of state guys wont lose our spot when it rolls over correct?
no one loses their spots....... The anniversary editions finally went 3000 status yesterday... .... Build dates of late august

will start placing them soon.......they wont all be placed at once...... it will take time.... a majority we wont be replacing until Cadillac Decides to provide the online build configuration page for it...... It take so much longer without it...

Has the full 4 pricing come out yet? I did see what Dustin said about the base price as well as the CF packages.

I can’t wait to get a crazy offer on my car and then say no… lol

Unless it’s for an EV hummer… those things look legit.

What memory card should I get for the PDR?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back