Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2024 MY Cadillac CT4-V / CT5-V Blackwing - What's New!

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but it appears that Cadillac has added a V logo or a 20th anniversary logo to the drivers side of the front moulding on the hood/grille area for the 2024 5V Blackwing configurator.
Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 3.03.58 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 3.04.29 PM.png

Unless I just got really lucky, whatever issue Cadillac had shipping built cars seems to be resolved. Mine was built Friday and as of today is in transit to the dealer.
My exact car seems to be floating on the Cadillac.com website indicating that it is in transit to my dealer (It had a TPW of 7/31). When I pinged my SA earlier this week, he was clueless and said he didn't see anything in his computer. They could have ordered an identical car to my order, I suppose, but that would seem silly. I will follow up with them next week to see if they have any updated info (and also check the Cadillac Chat), since the car on the website has a VIN assigned now. Maybe I will be cruising around town sooner than expected!

More pics of refresh
I still like the pre-refresh front end better…it just looks more cohesive and aggressive. The new one with stacked vertical lights and continuous led strip doesn’t look as good to me. The front bumper has some new design elements too…it always takes me a while to come around to these new designs…we shall see when the actual blackwing front end is shown as opposed to regular CT5

I still like the pre-refresh front end better…it just looks more cohesive and aggressive. The new one with stacked vertical lights and continuous led strip doesn’t look as good to me. The front bumper has some new design elements too…it always takes me a while to come around to these new designs…we shall see when the actual blackwing front end is shown as opposed to regular CT5
I agree with you. I much prefer the current front end better.

I'm guessing the BW front will look a little different as it did from the other trims, so stay tuned.

The Blackwing may stick with its front end and have no refresh. Look at the ZL1 Camaro. It has been the same since its introduction in the gen six architecture. Cadillac invested a lot of money and research into the aerodynamic design of the Blackwing

A few pictures (via my iPhone 8) of a Chevy Colorado in Nitro Yellow. If my understanding is correct, this is the same paint code as Cadillac's Cyber Yellow.

Observations:
  • Not surprised, but the configurator (on several computers) makes it look lighter than it is IRL.
  • There is a TON of metallic in the paint.
  • At off-angles, shows greenish / bronzish undertones.
  • Makes me realize that a tan interior is a much better pairing with this than Sky Cool Grey.
  • Confirms (for me) that I want the bright silver (base) wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_5770.jpg
    IMG_5770.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_5769.jpg
    IMG_5769.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_5768.jpg
    IMG_5768.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5766.jpg
    IMG_5766.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 112
Thanks for posting those. Looks a lot like the the couple photos they released. I really like that color, but worry about how it will age. I’m reminded of my junior high math teacher who had a gold Fiero GT.

1692471671583.jpeg

Thanks for posting those. Looks a lot like the the couple photos they released. I really like that color, but worry about how it will age. I’m reminded of my junior high math teacher who had a gold Fiero GT.

View attachment 21182
To me, this press release document is all Photoshopped...or heavily Photoshopped and made me need to see the color on a very sunny day.

As comparison, it is probably close to BMW's Austin Yellow Metallic...but AYM has more leaning to green, while Caddy's Nitro / Cyber has bronzish tones.
I had really hoped this color would be an EXACT copy of Phoenix Yellow from the E46 BMW days, and again, it's not.
However, GM has formulated a unique color, and I like the thought of it wrapped over the CT-sedans.

...and I am 52, so I remember the gold Fieros. I expect Cyber Yellow to age significantly better than those cars; although, I never liked them new.

A few pictures (via my iPhone 8) of a Chevy Colorado in Nitro Yellow. If my understanding is correct, this is the same paint code as Cadillac's Cyber Yellow.

Observations:
  • Not surprised, but the configurator (on several computers) makes it look lighter than it is IRL.
  • There is a TON of metallic in the paint.
  • At off-angles, shows greenish / bronzish undertones.
  • Makes me realize that a tan interior is a much better pairing with this than Sky Cool Grey.
  • Confirms (for me) that I want the bright silver (base) wheels.
If this is the actual Cadillac color, I like it a LOT more than the configurator. Thanks for the live photos, Sir!

It shows it in the configurator. Of course, the configurator bombs out if you add any of the top tier seats.
Wow. Didn’t use to. It would always tell me to drop the yellow whenever I tried to input the tan seats before.
Hmm. I really like my black ‘22 BW.
But now…
59149A3C-F261-45C8-8E95-8E8C092B6440.jpeg

Since my visit to see that Colorado on Friday, I have played with the configurator a lot more. I have been successful in getting it to accept Cyber Yellow WITH the Tan Semi-Analine seat combination. There is no 'mid-tier' tan colored seat option with the CT5. My hope is that I can do a CF-back DELETE (for the savings) when I'm ready to order...as currently, I cannot find the CF-back delete option--and I know that used to exist.

At my car service so sat in a xt4 with the curved screen the ct4 refresh is supposed to get.

Not a fan, steering blocks some part of the screen for me.

Attachments

• IMG_3706.jpeg
    IMG_3706.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 117
At my car service so sat in a xt4 with the curved screen the ct4 refresh is supposed to get.

Not a fan, steering blocks some part of the screen for me.
Just like a 911's gauges then!

Since my visit to see that Colorado on Friday, I have played with the configurator a lot more. I have been successful in getting it to accept Cyber Yellow WITH the Tan Semi-Analine seat combination. There is no 'mid-tier' tan colored seat option with the CT5. My hope is that I can do a CF-back DELETE (for the savings) when I'm ready to order...as currently, I cannot find the CF-back delete option--and I know that used to exist.
The CF seatback delete option is gone from the configurator, but your dealer can option it when they order. Mine just did that a few days ago.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back