Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2022 CT5V Blackwing- need to sell, ideas?

paul1974

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5v Blackwing
I bought my CT5V blackwing at a premium. After just 900 miles I realized that this is not the car for me. (hamstring issues from running). I am curious how fellow enthusiast approach reselling and dealer mark ups. I figure I can sell this for what I paid but wanted to get everyone's thoughts. My car is pretty basic. Base + better seat option. MSRP was 92ish but I ended up paying 98. It is a manual. This is not an advertisement as I just want some advice. Autotrader?

Thanks!

I think auto trader, Facebook, cars.com would do the trick quick especially if it is less than 100k

I am working on posting it there now. They are not letting me post it until I have the title in hand and I have no idea how long that will take.

I am working on posting it there now. They are not letting me post it until I have the title in hand and I have no idea how long that will take.
Nice! That's strange, I sold my car in October with an active loan on it, no title in hand. They must've changed their policy on that.

Check with Carmax. They just bought my 2020 ZL1 and paid me what it cost me new two years ago.
I would not recommend Vroom. Even though they offered to pay more their customer service didn’t exist. They would never return emails and when I tried to call would be placed on hold till I hung up.

First, cannot stop running!!!!
Funny, the Cars and Bids guy didn't accept my sales contract or temporary registration. He require a state title and permanent registration to list my car....odd.

I can try Vroom or Car gurus.. I hope just to break even.

I think the proper response here is "stop running, take care of the hamstring, and party"... I could be alone on this... but... thoughts?
That's the reason I got an auto, shattered knee so no more running or driving stick.

Carmax pays crazy prices and they make the process very easy. Recently sold 2 Land Rover Defenders….. The 110 model which is a four-door brought $14,000 over sticker with 8000 miles on it. The 90 model, which is a two-door, brought $4000 over sticker with 13,000 miles. Give it a shot!!

Im beating around the idea on selling our family SUV and carguru has given $2K more than anybody else for our Palisade. $45k vs $47k.

I sold my 2018 CTS-V with 30,000 miles to MyCarAuction.com. They were the highest offer by far. Pretty easy, wrote me a check for over my loan amount then paid directly to my lender. Sadly I believe they were sending it overseas.

Bring a Trailer tends to bring the highest Bids, as they are much more selective about what they list, but the process takes about 2mo (since they are heavily back-logged).

They don't like, if you had the car listed elsewhere, prior or concurrently.
However, if you list it, on these classifieds, I doubt BaT would know (if you don't tell them).
Then you can use the next 2mo, to see if it sells, before BaT gets around to going Live, with your listing.

CarMax might make you happy also, as you can use their "7-Day Quote" and see if others are willing pay more.
Their payment process is very quick and trustworthy (they might even deal with the Title Issues for you).

CraigsList is possibly the next best, but it will hurt you, if you don't sell it there, as BaT bidders will probably have seen it and mention such, in the listing comments (which effectively reveals your reserve).

Another option is trade it for a CT4 BW (+cash) as the CT4 has a much lighter clutch ; )
Any Cadillac dealer around should jump that offer.
Make the CT4 replacement at MSRP a condition of the Trade.

They don't like, if you had the car listed elsewhere, prior or concurrently.
However, if you list it, on these classifieds, I doubt BaT would know (if you don't tell them).
Then you can use the next 2mo, to see if it sells, before BaT gets around to going Live, with your listing.

They not only not like it, they forbid it and will pull the listing and may ban you from ever listing again.

And they will likely find out, either through a simple VIN search or because someone in the peanut gallery will figure it out and post it in the comment section.

It's not worth the risk ... if you want to list it there just submit it and don't list it anywhere else until they get around to making the auction live.

I've always found that with newer cars you're best of listing them on forums, eBay, and autotrader all at the same time for a fair price. If you aren't too greedy at the front end the car will sell quickly.

Sold 2 cars on Hemmings and 3 on Ebay. Seems they get great exposure

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners