Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

120th an. edition and enclosed shipping

ilber

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
none yet
Hello goat rodeo participants.

I had my original order placed in 1/22 for 2022 MY. Dealer got allocation but i was not willing to drop CF1/2 that were on constrain and next guy in line got the allocation.
earlier this year my dealer placed the order for 2023 for anniversary edition since my original order was never picked up and needed 2023 MY.
a hefty upcharge for the edition and the enclosed shipping (required). The justification for me paying for different badges and enclose shipping to be on the forefront of the rodeo to get my order picked up after all anniversary edition limited to 120 or something units...
so my questions are:
am i wrong to expect to be build even with the constrains, being 120 AE?
Secondly, if I am paying for enclosed shipping, but car spends 3 months on the parking lot waiting for missing components, I think enclose shipping is waste of $3,400. I will have to take my enclosed trailer drive to another state to bring my car to my garage...wish I could get the delivered to my garage...but I want dealer to PDI...Am I wrong to expect that 120AE would not sit on the lot waiting for parts?

I want the car, but I am really hard to maintain my excitement when Cadillac flat out lied to me about updates, the car the way i wanted is now $130k and the worst thing is i may not get it or get it with paint issues or "touch ups". Is there way for dealer to tell if vehicle had any paint correction/respray done before car arrives to them?

Confusing times for me...on a plus side my "expiration date" got extended so I actually have a real chance to drive this car, if GM does not screw it up...

Good question. If something (CF in this instance) is on constraint and it's a mandatory part of the 120AE, then yes you won't see it for a while, but does that mean it's going to sit for sometime collecting dust or not be built until such time as the parts are available. Regardless get ready for the tumbleweed.

I'm not a 'special edition' person if it doesn't add performance improvements, so not my cup of tea and I'm sure not an ADM person, but is the 120AE the only way you can get a 5BW via that dealer? If so, begs the question - other dealers? Although I understand the 5BW Is a much tougher ask than a 4BW. Personally I'd bail and go lightly used or find another dealer.

I'd definitely skip paying for enclosed trailer if the car is sitting outside for months. Just tell the dealer to drop the car at your preferred detailer for cleaning / PPF and for the dealer to NOT wash the car.

I couldn't justify the extra cost for the AE and passed on one offered to me at MSRP a couple months ago. I think it makes sense if keeping the car as a very limited use collectible. If you plan to drive it a lot then it's a waste because it will become a relatively high mile limited edition car and not retain the 10k price spread. As for spending more for shipping, if you plan to drive it regularly then the car will be exposed to the elements soon enough anyway. A different use case could lead you to a another conclusion.

Good question. If something (CF in this instance) is on constraint and it's a mandatory part of the 120AE, then yes you won't see it for a while, but does that mean it's going to sit for sometime collecting dust or not be built until such time as the parts are available. Regardless get ready for the tumbleweed.

I'm not a 'special edition' person if it doesn't add performance improvements, so not my cup of tea and I'm sure not an ADM person, but is the 120AE the only way you can get a 5BW via that dealer? If so, begs the question - other dealers? Although I understand the 5BW Is a much tougher ask than a 4BW. Personally I'd bail and go lightly used or find another dealer.
Your post has me thinking that they will, or have already, source enough carbon parts to cover each of the SE's. Anyone who opts out will move said parts to the regular orders. And thats it for carbon.

Thanks everyone for input. To clarify a bit, dealer is willing to submit corrections when allocation given to non AE version.
I will pay AE premium before I go for free lightly used. I want new my way or i don't want it at all... this will be a garage queen and not driven too much..much... I unticapate 5k miles first year and perhaphs 2k miles a year after. This car is a toy for myself....absolutely do not needing this car, but feel like world going all wrong and if I want FI v8 with a stick it is my last chance...but I had to work harder than an ugly stripper to earn for this car, so I am not particularly fond of idea of dumping this much cash on a toy. Wife is pushing for me.to get it through.....so goat rodeo, dealing with dealers - nothing new for me, just trying to be reasonable with my expectations.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for input. To clarify a bit, dealer is willing to submit corrections when allocation given to non AE version.
I will pay AE premium before I go for free lightly used. I want new my way or i don't want it at all... this will be a garage queen and not driven too much..much... I unticapate 5k miles first year and perhaphs 2k miles a year after. This car is a toy for myself....absolutely do not needing this car, but feel like world going all wrong and if I want FI v8 with a stick it is my last chance...but I had to work harder than an ugly stripper to earn for this car, so I am not particularly fond of idea of dumping this much cash on a toy. Wife is pushing for me.to get it through.....so goat rodeo, dealing with dealers - nothing new for me, just trying to be reasonable with my expectations.
My recommendation is to stay the course and get the AE. I tried to get one and could not. Despite the chunky increase, if offered, I would have made it happen. They are basically 1/1 cars, with all 120 being uniquely numbered. I suspect your car will not sit outside for 3 months, and will receive a preferential treatment. As for "touch up / paint correction / respray"... it is still a Cadillac made on the same line. Did all of the issues on the 2022s get sorted out for the 23s? Who knows, but it sounds like the message has been conveyed and GM is aware. But I don't expect much difference to be honest.

Your wife is a keeper!

Your post has me thinking that they will, or have already, source enough carbon parts to cover each of the SE's. Anyone who opts out will move said parts to the regular orders. And thats it for carbon.
I had that same thought once they announced it. Only way to guarantee you get CF1&2 is through the Anniversary edition.

To the OP...
Will it sit on the lot? Yeah maybe a few days, instead of a few months.

Is it worth the $14300 upcharge? Prob not, but if money is no object it certainly couldn't hurt.

Every new car needs paint correction, every new car. Take it to your detailer and have them correct it. If your that concerned about the factory resprays, bring a paint inspection gauge and check every panel yourself. You're not obligated to buy till you sign on the line. They would be obliged to sell it to someone else for ADM.

Last edited:
I had that same thought once they announced it. Only way to guarantee you get CF1&2 is through the Anniversary edition.

To the OP...
Will it sit on the lot? Yeah maybe a few days, instead of a few months.

Is it worth the $4300 upcharge? Prob not, but if money is no object it certainly couldn't hurt.

Every new car needs paint correction, every new car. Take it to your detailer and have them correct it. If your that concerned about the factory resprays, bring a paint inspection gauge and check every panel yourself. You're not obligated to buy till you sign on the line. They would be obliged to sell it to someone else for ADM.
Neveready,
I agree that $4300 for badges is not justifiable, but paying for "skipping the line" may worth to some.
I have a paint correction and PPF lined up. I think i have a decent eye and touch to judge the paint. I had to work out bugs/insects, dirt, orange peel, fish eye from brand new cars finish, but I am more concern that longer the car sits - the higher chance of something happening...give you an example; my previous car made across the "pond" from Belgium to NJ port. Took over 3 weeks to clear the customs and load up the train car. Unexplainably car got another week delay.
I got the car. 3 years later a drunk scratched the bumper.... I took my car to my paint guy. He called me being upset, he sees repaint... he being my paint guy for 20 years so he takes offense that he did not do it. needless to say dealer had no record, manufacture said it may be a rare occurrence and seemed that it was "port repair". I had my guy strip to bare plastic and prep, repaint and blend( pearl paint is pain!). I just wish I knew ahead of time ( paint gauge would not work on plastic and maybe someone better vs me or my paint guy since I was unable to tell by feel or sight this repair).
As far as flipping it - i earn my money not on ripping someone off. Sorry but for me ADM is that. I don't care if it is capitalism, supply and demand...from factory retailer I am buying at MSRP... one cent, and I mean 1 cent and I will walk out. I want the car how i wanted, I am willing to pay more for AE to have better chances but i would not pay the same amount for regular CT5v BW+ ADM.... I don't care if it is smart or dumb - that's my way....when wife wanted her "bus" (Lexus LX) she made sure before telling dealer to call me to make sure it was at MSRP... because she witnessed when a dealer floated an idea of ADM and it suddenly became crystal clear that he will not sell me shit....come to think originally the dealer that i had/have my order with wanted ADM but he was upfront with it. So I held off my insults to him being a fastest semen and not ending up as the BJ....never the less 2 days later the manager called and asked for a meeting and deposit.... within 2 minutes being a decent skilled person reader he pushed all the right buttons, dropped non-sense with ADM and well the rest is history.

Last edited:
My intention was not to start an argument but the more I thought about some of these responses...well here goes.

It's not just $4300, $10k for the 120AE plus the mandatory $4300+ to enclose shipping. In theory, this should grant you access to the speed pass and maybe additional QC. You get premium decals, an awesome shift knob emblem and a special vin for $14k+, that's where the buck stops.

As far as QA, the process (i.e. quality, assembly, paint, etc.)would be identical to how all other BWs are built. Front end line workers are doing the best work they can on all BWs, regardless of a sticker or badge. GM would not change a process to improve on the attention to detail impacting the way an AE is built vs a base BW.

Maybe I'm getting soft, but in some cases ADM can be a means to an end based on how one defines value.

-How long does one have to wait to get what they want? How convenient was it to get it and is it exactly what they wanted? How long does one plan to keep this vehicle and how much will it depreciate?

-How does one feel about Manufacturers who are planning to cut the dealers out and raise the MSRP like the price of gas. 2 years ago, Model Y started at 43k, now it's 66k. The 22 BW prices increased $7k and all they did was change 4 colors and add a badge.

One can shake their fist at the sky and hold their breath till a dealer sells it at MSRP but at what cost is up to them.

Aside from the past few years, purchasing at MSRP is not a good deal when factoring in holdback, floorplan costs, manufacturer rebates/incentives, and APR rates. Either way, that money is going out of the customers pocket.

Complain all you want about dealers, but once they are gone, there is no wiggle room or negotiation.

One can shake their fist at the sky and hold their breath till a dealer sells it at MSRP but at what cost is up to them.

Aside from the past few years, purchasing at MSRP is not a good deal when factoring in holdback, floorplan costs, manufacturer rebates/incentives, and APR rates. Either way, that money is going out of the customers pocket.

Complain all you want about dealers, but once they are gone, there is no wiggle room or negotiation.

There is no cost to the person not sucked into hyper-consumerism. One of the best ways to get shafted on any deal is to not establish and hold hard lines. The mind can get attached to desired outcomes and in the moment make bad decisions contrary to previous rational thinking. MSRP is the going market rate for these cars. Anything more is excessive IMO.

BTW, where are the dealers going?

There is no cost to the person not sucked into hyper-consumerism. One of the best ways to get shafted on any deal is to not establish and hold hard lines. The mind can get attached to desired outcomes and in the moment make bad decisions contrary to previous rational thinking. MSRP is the going market rate for these cars. Anything more is excessive IMO.
I do agree with hard lines and that is up to the buyer to decide where they draw the line based on perceived value and other costs to consider. Selling at MSRP then mandating permplate for $2k...

where are the dealers going?
Manufacturer direct new car sales like Tesla and Ford EVs. Obviously won't happen in every state unless the laws change but it's trending.

Manufacturer direct new car sales like Tesla and Ford EVs. Obviously won't happen in every state unless the laws change but it's trending.
Ford’s new EV dealer policy will no doubt result in some loss of their 3000 dealers, but if they don’t join what are they going to sell? ICE cars will only buy them another 10 years max. Ford’s plan is to put the fast chargers at the dealerships.

Long rant like post, skip me and drunk typing.

If you are reading it, try to roll your "R"s and sound out with a heavy russian accent...

I don't wish ill fate to anyone or any business.
I enjoy car buying experience, I embrace haggling, interaction and closing. Over the years I had good and bad experiences. But frankly as much as I like but I am perfectly fine never setting up a foot at the dealer and old business model is absolute. Let me give you an example...
Bought wives daily driver, not that it is matter but local dealer wanted 15k ADM...we are talking pre Covid....sure a trackhawk was new, supply and demand....I said no way. 6 month later I was looking the same day ACR viper with 800 miles, cts6 v something pole position, zl1 convert, zr1, 911 tagra and a few other cars that tickled me. I did my homework, I pretty much knew more than sales people for each corresponding car. All of them tried to mark up all the cars that I was looking....well I was there to sit, if not a test each and every car. Well I decided I didn't want any of the cars, since I would have to compromise with all of them ( if you are curios, 4 door is preferred, 2 door ok if it is convertible or removable top, 3 pedals and forced induction since I am in the clouds). So dealer with inventory - not really all the cars to be special ordered. why do we need a dealer?
Pricing - I could wheeled and deal but my wife was getting physically sick witnessing the art of dealing. Dealer can sell me $5k sticker striping ( 19.99 at autozone) but I would return the favor by going not for "fat" or meat but bone or to be more precise bone marrow. I can be civil, I can be dick. You don't have to sell me nor I neet to buy one....but you have a business and I have money to throw.
We walked across last dealer to jeep and they have fully loaded hawk, wife gooogoo gaga over it...I think it is dumb...
But hey, happy wife - happy life. Plus if I have to drive at least it is not so pedestrian and mundane.
But I sat with dealer, their "crawn jewel" shit you not, the words he used. He asked me for ADM, well I asked him under invoce...I would pay MSRP, but you want to fuck with me, I think when I deserve it I would take it like a big girl I am, but when it is uncalled for - sorry I would not give a reach around.
I think a few days later I got call and now they willing to talk, well I told them what I will pay and for making me waste my time I had them threw a few extras....
Once again, why do I need the dealership? I arrived promptly 4 days later. Signed bunch of papers, 30 min later I was on my marry way.
paid close to invoice. Dealer asked $2500 more vs other quote for extended warranty and when I told what I am willing to pay, I was told that's under their cost. So I picked up my phone while he was printing my documents and he witnessed me buying the same plan from out of state dealer. Again why do we need the dealer business model?
Service... fuck the jeep may build a $100k+ vehicle, but they don't have a clue how to cater to people who are potential customers base. Sure my truck stickers for as much as wife's jeep, but commercial/HD client is not the same.
Again, dealer? Not unless I have to. And I mean from oil change to repairs. When I sent wife with prepaid service and she comes back and had to pay extra $150 for oil change because dealer was not draining oil cooler, while it is spelled out in their procedures and oil change was vehicle specific. Don't get me on scheduling a recalls and maintenance for my Cummins over a month ahead of time. Just to show up and dealer fails to even look at the vehicle and wasting my time. Again why do I need the dealer?
I don't mean to single out chrysler's antics, because it is not just a brand specific. I am not sure that direct manufacture to customer approach is better, but the way retail auto industry working - change is needed

Last edited:
Well for better or worth, got a call from sales manager... apparently 120th An all have been produced. My order never was picked up by GM. If I am to let my order sit it will never get picked up ND simply be deleted when MY24 opens up. So he modified my order, dropping 120 AE, hoping that order would get picked up.... not looking good through... I have been waiting on GM to pick up my order since 1/22 with nothing but misinformation from cadillac...I am holding back wife's escalade purchase....figured it I would get an order, I will order escalade as well, if I don't get my blackwing, will take our business to another brand..

Well for better or worth, got a call from sales manager... apparently 120th An all have been produced. My order never was picked up by GM. If I am to let my order sit it will never get picked up ND simply be deleted when MY24 opens up. So he modified my order, dropping 120 AE, hoping that order would get picked up.... not looking good through... I have been waiting on GM to pick up my order since 1/22 with nothing but misinformation from cadillac...I am holding back wife's escalade purchase....figured it I would get an order, I will order escalade as well, if I don't get my blackwing, will take our business to another brand..
Sounds like you need a new/different dealer.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back