Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What are the differences between the 4BW Carbon Fiber rear wings?

tc2thdr

What are the differences between the 4BW Carbon Fiber rear wings? I see Savage’s is $300 and Tapout’s is $1,400. What are your thoughts?

I remember seeing some forum about the weave's looking a little different, so depending on what you already have on your car or what you plan to put on it, make sure it comes from the same source or there may be a slight difference in the weave.

From personal experience, not specific to BW4 wings, you get what you pay for. Buy once, cry once.

I have no idea where Tapout's rear spoiler is made, but it's identical to OEM and just as solid. I literally held it up to the OEM on their car before I bought mine. I'm using OEM front pieces but using the Tapout rear spoiler.

The photo of the spoilers is the OEM non-CF on the left after removal, and the Tapout CF on the right. I added foam seals around the studs to mimic the OEM foam gasket to reduce the chances of water entering the stud holes. It already had the black foam gasket around the edges, but is not sticky like OEM.

Attachments

• PXL_20240402_163903755.jpg
    PXL_20240402_163903755.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 48
  • PXL_20230411_173840470.jpg
    PXL_20230411_173840470.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
the savage cadillac wing for 300 does not mount to anything structural -- it sits on top of the decklid with 3M tape

tapout's wing is identical to OEM, including mounting points and structural function

also, the savage cadillac CF wing does not fit over the non-CF OEM 4BW wing -- it must be uninstalled to swap

I have no idea where Tapout's rear spoiler is made, but it's identical to OEM and just as solid. I literally held it up to the OEM on their car before I bought mine. I'm using OEM front pieces but using the Tapout rear spoiler.
have to ask--
what lug nuts do you run with your VS-5RS wheels??

this was the only thing holding me back from making the swap to my summer set last weekend (but mine are brushed clear)

the savage cadillac wing for 300 does not mount to anything structural -- it sits on top of the decklid with 3M tape

tapout's wing is identical to OEM, including mounting points and structural function

also, the savage cadillac CF wing does not fit over the non-CF OEM 4BW wing -- it must be uninstalled to swap
Is removing the factory non-CF wing hard to remove? I thought they were all held on by mounting tape only.

Is removing the factory non-CF wing hard to remove? I thought they were all held on by mounting tape only.

adhesive and 7 nuts on the underside of the spoiler

see installation directions from Tapout below:

1712090534630.png

have to ask--
what lug nuts do you run with your VS-5RS wheels??

this was the only thing holding me back from making the swap to my summer set last weekend (but mine are brushed clear)
I used the stock lug nuts. They are 60 degrees as are the wheels, and they confirmed they would work. I just installed them today with my original summer tires.

It is a PITA to remove. there are other threads discussing it. If you look at mine closely you'll see the effect of teh sticky tape. Use fishing line, don't pry EVER, and good luck with that outer stud that slides into a clip that doesn't release and impossible to get to.

Here are some other thread links

My time to shine - I've had both. I'll let you guess which one's stayed installed on my car.

The Savage piece was surprisingly high quality. The weave and finish on their own looked really really good. I was impressed for $300 and in hindsight, I probably should have just slapped it on with 3M tape and moved on with my life.

However like everyone mentioned I couldn't abide by just 3M tape... I did something like this on my mustang, and it worked brilliantly: I mocked it up, and marked the underside where the holes in the trunk landed, drilled out holes in the bottom of the wing and installed rivnuts into it. The plan was then to run M6 bolts through the underside of the trunk lid and into the wing's new rivnuts.

Great plan, right? Right! But when it's 10:30p and you're underslept, you slip and drill ALL the way the wing. I'm actually pretty proud of my repair, but there's still what basically looks like a 1/4" black dot in the top surface of the wing.

Read all about it here: For Sale - CT4V BW Savage Cadillac Carbon Fiber Wing - $125+Shipping (read description)

After that I gave up and snagged the Tapout wing. The price difference is hard to swallow, but it basically comes down to how much you want mounting provisions OTHER than 3M tape. Hope this helps.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back