Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Seat Trim Questions & DIfferences

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
GT500
Hello Everyone,

I am a prospective owner and am really considering a 5BW within the next year or two. I currently have a GT500 and love it but its definitely not a daily driver. I do have a couple questions for you owners and those who know the cars very well.

I am wondering what are the differences between the 2 upgraded seat options? Looking between the high performance Full Semi Aniline Seats for $8090 and the high performance black leather seats that appear quilted for $2890.

What is the main difference between these? i know that the highest package has carbon backs. In terms of seat comfort do they feel any different? how much nicer is semi aniline then the traditional leather? which is more comfortable? and which would hold you in better with aggressive driving? are you just paying the extra for the carbon fiber?

any details would be appreciated!

Within the next year or two? You do realize their future availability is on a short timeline. I have the CF backed seats and for me they have been quite comfortable on road trips. But I suspect it’s highly dependent on your body shape, weight, height, etc. I’m tall and lean.

Never sat in the Tier 3 seats, but at 6' 235lbs I daily the Tier 2 seats and have road tripped 1000 miles and can say they're extremely comfortable for a high performance car. You shouldn't have any issues dailying it for sure. That being said, the massage function is there but not really noteworthy compared to other luxury brands.

I have owned both of these seats. My 5 has the high grade carbon backed semi aniline seats. This leather is definitely nicer and feels better to the touch. More importantly, the seats don't feel as "hard" to me as the mid level.

Everyone fits differently in a seat. I found myself shuffling around a lot in the quilted pattern mid tier due to the added surface stiffness. On the top tier, never. I did a 3+ hour drive from Aspen recently and did not stop a single time. I have never had that comfort in other vehicles I have owned.

5'7" 150 for reference. Can't recommend the semi aniline highly enough. Even if you don't get the carbon backs, which are a cool visual detail and something that sets the Blackwing trim apart, I highly recommend the top seats.

I sat in the Tier 3 seats and they were uncomfortable. They were too hard, especially the bolsters. Mercedes made a great seat for their C63 AMG.

Haha, I wouldn’t say it’s too unanswerable of a question. I want many opinions, it’s what I did with the recaros in the gt500. You learn to filter out the extremes. It helped me make the right choice. And the car is due for a refresh in 2024/2025. So I can’t see them refresh then stop immediately. I’m guessing there will be 2-3 more years of this car? But I am guessing it’s about a year wait after ordering? It’s a shame this vehicle is one of the last of its kind… but who knows maybe it won’t be? We can only hope.

Last edited:
For the OP, its worth noting that the mid-tier seats in the 5 are the same as the top tier in the 4.

From my reading (specific to the 5 that you're interested in), the base seats are the most comfortable DD/touring seats by most accounts. Many describe the mid-tier as a step up in track day support, but have firm surface feel. Top tier are similar to mid-tier in terms of track support, but have a softer, more supple leather. They all have strong aesthetic (and price) differences, if that matters.

I felt strongly about the mid-tier sky cool gray with red seat belts, so that was my choice. They are firm seats, but I'm use to that from 6 years in my SS and I don't find them uncomfortable at all (6'-3", 235lbs). I agree with @rubberduck , you need to feel them to make the final choice, but don't over think it.

Lastly, I would not assume 2-3 more years of production if you want to order. The news of a refresh have been greatly exaggerated and allocations at MSRP are scarce. Strike while the iron is hot!

Lastly, I would not assume 2-3 more years of production if you want to order. The news of a refresh have been greatly exaggerated and allocations at MSRP are scarce. Strike while the iron is hot!
This is the general consensus. If you know you want one, don't delay.

Yes, I have shouted from rooftops galore! GM is not making this car in 2025 they most likely will wrap up 25 year sales in Jan of 2025. Lansing Grand River is not printing enough money. Not even close to GM minimum standards for production facility the utilization is anemically atrocious!

As for the seats? The semi-aniline is very good material and has the leather feel unlike other pigmented leathers. I fit like a glove in mine and the side bolsters are great and seat bolsters are higher than the 1st tier seats. Now if your a big guy than the the 1st tier seats are probably going to be what you want.

Okay guys thank you and good to know! Dang I didn’t think it would be ending this fast. This is why I come to the forums there’s always the best info here !

Haha, I wouldn’t say it’s too unanswerable of a question. I want many opinions, it’s what I did with the recaros in the gt500. You learn to filter out the extremes. It helped me make the right choice. And the car is due for a refresh in 2024/2025. So I can’t see them refresh then stop immediately. I’m guessing there will be 2-3 more years of this car? But I am guessing it’s about a year wait after ordering? It’s a shame this vehicle is one of the last of its kind… but who knows maybe it won’t be? We can only hope.

I'm gonna go against the grain and say that production will drag on for alot longer than people think. GM is also gonna milk the shit out of special editions at the end. I also predict plenty of cash on the hood to move these in the future before they kill it.

It's pretty much the story with every high performance GM product before. Z28, C7 Z06, ZL1s, SS. Demand and markups early on, then discounts to follow. GM just doesn't know how to do exclusivity on purpose, only by accident (CT6 V).

If they make major upgrades to the drivetrain for the final year I might order another one then.

Like the Camaro they will announce the end long before it happens, and sure to promote some sticker specials too.

That ship has sailed^^^

BW's where a "skunk works" project with a badass last HOORAH for the ones that got in on one in the end, whatever flavor you choose!

Camaro was suited more for the masses. Different product and marketing strategy altogether IMHO.

As long as they are making CT5s they’ll keep making VBWs that are ordered ? All the same assembly line except the motor is “hand built”correct? Interesting how a refresh could be exaggerated if it was seen unless it’s an EV in disguise. may be some insiders on this forum here who have heard certain things

Last edited:
As long as they are making CT5s they’ll keep making VBW they are ordered ? All the same assembly line except the motor is “hand built”correct? Interesting how a refresh could be exaggerated if it was seen unless it’s an EV in disguise. may be some insiders on this forum here who have heard certain things
Those dang "insiders"

As long as they are making CT5s they’ll keep making VBW they are ordered ? All the same assembly line except the motor is “hand built”correct? Interesting how a refresh could be exaggerated if it was seen unless it’s an EV in disguise. may be some insiders on this forum here who have heard certain things
Let Me Think GIF by Identity

There is a Blaze Orange 5BW A10, no CF, sitting at my local dealer for sale. Also, my sales guy told me they ordered a car with my allocation that I backed out of. He didn’t think it was that car though.

I'm gonna go against the grain and say that production will drag on for alot longer than people think. GM is also gonna milk the shit out of special editions at the end. I also predict plenty of cash on the hood to move these in the future before they kill it.

It's pretty much the story with every high performance GM product before. Z28, C7 Z06, ZL1s, SS. Demand and markups early on, then discounts to follow. GM just doesn't know how to do exclusivity on purpose, only by accident (CT6 V).

If they make major upgrades to the drivetrain for the final year I might order another one then.

Like the Camaro they will announce the end long before it happens, and sure to promote some sticker specials too.
What?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners