Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New 6spd 24 CT5 Blackwing from Austin, TX (CEL P0420)

ATX Rhett

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT5-V Blackwing Manual
Joined a bit ago but haven’t gotten around to posting. Love the car, definitely does just about everything right! I most recently had a 2018 Mercedes AMG GT-R, and previously some Mopars, from hellcats to vipers. This car’s capabilities coupled with its ability to still go under the radar is a very nice change of pace.

This is my first GM product, and I forgot where I heard it, but someone said these feel like a hellcat that grew up and got a job with benefits, definitely accurate! Combine that with a better driving feel with more feedback in those twisty roads. I was kind of nervous about Midnight Steel Metallic looking a little too ordinary, but pictures do this color NO justice. Looks awesome in person, but a little bit like a grandpa color on the configurator.

Unfortunately the car is already throwing codes at 2k miles though (P0420 has to do with the cats). Anyone else have this issue so quickly? Seems like a nice excuse to begin with some mods but better judgment tells me to let the motor get some more miles on it lol

Happy to be a part of the forum!

Attachments

• IMG_4217.jpeg
    IMG_4217.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4222.jpeg
    IMG_4222.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4263.jpeg
    IMG_4263.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Not certain what “throwing codes” means, but I am the guy whose 22 CT5V BW engine came apart at about 4500 miles. Some internal part failed putting metal fragments in the oil and destroying the engine. Cadillac sent Sewell Cadillac of Dallas a new engine. Cost Cadillac about $50,000. Cost me Zero. Thank God for a good warranty and a dealer who values customer service.

Not certain what “throwing codes” means, but I am the guy whose 22 CT5V BW engine came apart at about 4500 miles. Some internal part failed putting metal fragments in the oil and destroying the engine. Cadillac sent Sewell Cadillac of Dallas a new engine. Cost Cadillac about $50,000. Cost me Zero. Thank God for a good warranty and a dealer who values customer service.
I’ve heard great things about Sewell! Had a friend who worked at their Land Rover dealer here for quite a while. They definitely treat their employees/customers well. Glad they were able to get that serious of an issue fixed for you. My 2015 Hellcat’s motor had a gasket failure which resulted in the entire motor being replaced at around 3-4k miles too. My dealer was great but it took quite some time as Dodge had to run all sorts of tests before sending a new motor. Took many months.

I guess you could say “throwing a code” is another way to say the car is showing an error code or check engine light for any reason!

Sewell is well known to provide great customer service. The engine failed about 5 miles from my house. I paid a wrecker service $75 to take it to my house. Sewell sent a truck to get it and brought me a loaner car. Ten days later they brought my car back and took the loaner home. No complaints, although my friends tease me about having a tow truck follow me everywhere. BTW, my Texas plate is “0260N4S”. Zero to 60 in 4 Seconds.

Congrats on the ride! Hopefully that code is an easy fix.

I too love the "under the radar" feel.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners