Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anyone get their Blackwing badge yet? And are you putting it on?

I was skeptical if anyone will ever get badges so didnt order before. I was able to order one now by calling 800-333-4223. Seems like you can still order.
What did you say to get through the automated system?

Love those badges, can't wait to get mine on! Was the BW Badge on constraints for a minute maybe? Very Nice car sir!
I got luckily when I found my car that someone ordered it and it came and he switched over to 23 Esky V. It didn’t come with any CF, so bought the rear spoiler first and next doing front spoiler with the CF sides next. Not going any farther than that, but on Rift color had to add it as the contrast helps the looks.

As for the black badges, use Savage for the main Cadillac badges and all others are GM OEM black that I added. I didn’t like the ones from Amazon or eBay

Last edited:
So what’s the verdict, safe to put on over ceramic coating if you wipe with the included cloth or no?

I'd say yes based on my experiences with ceramic coating.

However, you can test it. No matter what, you will need to remove the ceramic coating for the badge to reliably stick.

First obviously clean the area as normal. The use the alcohol pad. Then spray some water over the area (perfect time just to wash the whole car). The small area that you removed the ceramic coating will be noticeably not hydrophobic like the surrounding areas when you spray water over it. Then it should be good to go for badge application. If the ceramic managed to hang on based on that test then just hand apply a light automotive polishing compound with a microfiber cloth and your finger and it will definitely get rid of it.

Then you can use a DIY ceramic coating around the badge after it's placed.

So what’s the verdict, safe to put on over ceramic coating if you wipe with the included cloth or no?
Yes, but I strongly recommend using 3M adhesive promoter 06396 before applying the badge or any trim on a ceramic coated surface.

I have a 2022 GMC truck that was professionally ceramic coated with a rated 10yr coating and it’s very hydrophobic. I installed a front hood protector that used 3M tape for attachment. I had the truck to 98 mph several times with zero issues. The protector has been mounted for 8 months and it’s “stuck” on the hood solid. I’m sure that hood would catch more turbulence than a tiny badge on the rear of the BW.

My coater told me to wait at least 2 wks to allow the ceramic to cure minimum but wait for a month if I could. I waited a month. Then, applied 3M adhesive promoter where the tape would be, then stuck the hood protector on. Using alcohol may work, but the promoter definitely works.
As an FYI, I blue taped around where the tape was going to stick to the hood to prevent the promoter from going beyond.
29F5082E-4495-4223-A2D1-FEC01F8F26F7.jpeg

What?......GOAT show.... and the slow boat strikes again @Tall Steve.

Another should be on the way with 2 VINs I would think? Can't ration those when you have 2BW's brother....

I spoke with someone at Cadillac at the previously posted phone number. She said the "first" batch shipped out last week and they'll continue to ship until everyone on their list gets theirs. So I'll patiently wait some more. If I get nothing in a few weeks, I'll call again.

I'd say yes based on my experiences with ceramic coating.

However, you can test it. No matter what, you will need to remove the ceramic coating for the badge to reliably stick.
Oh man I stuck it on after cleaning the car and wiping the area with the alcohol swab....entire car has ppf plus ceramic....it's sticking pretty solid for now....I am not sure if I "properly" removed the ceramic though. Let's see how it holds up 😁

Yes, that’s how I did it. I also sent a few minutes ago a phone number
The folks at the US email address looped me back to the folks at Cadillac Canada that weren’t helpful in the first place.
But who knows, now that it’s been “escaladed”! :unsure:

The Contact number for the Cadillac Customer Care Center for Canada
is: 888-446-2000.

Your request for the Blackwing badge was escaladed to the Canadian Customer Assistance team on January 13, 2023, for assistance and follow-up.

Sincerely,

Cadillac Executive Assistance Team

Oh man I stuck it on after cleaning the car and wiping the area with the alcohol swab....entire car has ppf plus ceramic....it's sticking pretty solid for now....I am not sure if I "properly" removed the ceramic though. Let's see how it holds up 😁

If you alcoholed it it's probably fine.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners