Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anyone get their Blackwing badge yet? And are you putting it on?

added front fender badge ..
View attachment 17376
IMG_5971.jpeg

6M CT5- Blackwing 23 came on the car. Just that one on the passenger side.

My dyno is indicating about 17 SoMP Horsepower increase since I put it on. Also the car feels more aerodynamic. Another unexpected benefit that I’m sure the engineers thought of was this really dialed in the front to back weight ratio. Who could’ve thought a few ounces would have such an impact! Can’t wait to try it at the track!

PS - I think my bass is sounding a little louder so it did improve one of the components I felt were a bit disappointing from the factory. I think the location and material might be causing more sound waves to bounce towards the cabin.

PPS - OMG the exhaust also sounds louder in the cabin! I think the shape of the badge must be also directing exhaust sound towards the cabin!

Can anybody say perfection!!??
9FCD84E6-647D-47A5-BC3B-65CA5D7AD5B3.jpeg

Last edited:
Third time IS the charm. Mine showed up yesterday (yes, Sunday) via FedEx. Haven't had time to put it on yet. Took about 9 days (!) after I called the 800 number.

I got mine as well and slapped that baby on, although through Exec referral instead of the number, badge showed up 3 weeks later but the process was different because of GM Canada.

I went through a customer service rep from Executive Review who looked into it and instead of sending me the badge with the box etc that everyone else has had shipped they found the part number for the badge and just ordered it in via my local dealer and paid for it.

They also are sending me a Cadillac jacket and hat (I'm hoping its Blackwing Apparel and not just the regular Caddy branded stuff) as well as a $150 card I can use for service due to my history and how many GM cars I've purchased over the last few years.

They also are sending me a Cadillac jacket and hat (I'm hoping its Blackwing Apparel and not just the regular Caddy branded stuff) as well as a $150 card I can use for service due to my history and how many GM cars I've purchased over the last few years.

Nice! I never get anything. Guess I should ask.

Well....got an email from Cadillac telling me that the Blackwing badge mail out to customers has ended...BUT I would be able to PURCHASE the part from the local Cadillac dealer. Every time I had inquired over the past 7 months I was told they would be sent " in the next 4-6 weeks".........what a joke.

Did you ever get an email or other written confirmation of your free badge request?

What a crap show/ goat rodeo that whole badge mailing was. I finally got mine a few months ago after inquiring multiple times via phone, email, and carrier pigeon.

I have had a least 3 case numbers in regards to the badge through Cadillac, every time they said it was going to be shipped. The last lady that I spoke with told me that their system showed that my case had been resolved....obviously not. She then opened up ANOTHER case file and said it would be taken care of....then I got this email on Thursday saying the program had ended.

I have had a least 3 case numbers in regards to the badge through Cadillac, every time they said it was going to be shipped. The last lady that I spoke with told me that their system showed that my case had been resolved....obviously not. She then opened up ANOTHER case file and said it would be taken care of....then I got this email on Thursday saying the program had ended.
It ended? What does that mean?

Quote:
" While the program has come to an end, you may still obtain V-Series Blackwing badges through purchase from your local Cadillac dealer. Simply inquire with the parts dept. in ordering part # 87841942."

This is from the email I received last week.

Quote:
" While the program has come to an end, you may still obtain V-Series Blackwing badges through purchase from your local Cadillac dealer. Simply inquire with the parts dept. in ordering part # 87841942."

This is from the email I received last week.
Thanks for the part #. ~ $45 online. Less expensive than the eBay seller.

I debadged mine to wrap it - haven’t decided if I’m going to put the Blackwing badge back on or leave it off completely

Unbelievable! Had my badge on order with Cadillac customer care since Feb 8th. I know some people who have ordered the same way have gotten them for free. It looks like all the 100th anniversary cars came from the factory with them installed. Now after waiting 5 months to have my car delivered from the goat yard and waiting 4 months for the Blackwing badge that has been given to previous owners for free, they want me to buy my own badge for a unique limited production model I paid 95K for. What a way to treat their high end (least) valued customers. I apologize to Tall Steve for this negative rant and I have tried to have a much better attitude on this forum in general but this really seems beyond poor customer care. I thought the Bud light marketing people were messed up, Cadillac has them beat in my book for tone deaf customer service.

Unbelievable! Had my badge on order with Cadillac customer care since Feb 8th. I know some people who have ordered the same way have gotten them for free. It looks like all the 100th anniversary cars came from the factory with them installed. Now after waiting 5 months to have my car delivered from the goat yard and waiting 4 months for the Blackwing badge that has been given to previous owners for free, they want me to buy my own badge for a unique limited production model I paid 95K for. What a way to treat their high end (least) valued customers. I apologize to Tall Steve for this negative rant and I have tried to have a much better attitude on this forum in general but this really seems beyond poor customer care. I thought the Bud light marketing people were messed up, Cadillac has them beat in my book for tone deaf customer service.
Understand Its Okay GIF by CBS

#goatrodeo
You'd think they would hook up anyone that could show proof/date of purchase before they started putting them on in the factory. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

How about nicely asking your dealer for a hook-up? Bring a box of donuts 😉

... worst comes to worst... you take the donuts home with you

the-goon-dodgeball.gif

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!