Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

Looks great. Diameter on these is slightly taller than stock but I assume the fit is great. Did you get these from Tire Rack? I'm not seeing them anywhere else. I'm looking at these and the Nexen Winguard Sport 2 (255/35/18 square set up) which are cheaper and supposedly good performance winters.

The fronts are slightly taller than stock. The rear is slightly lower than stock but in the end it's very negligible. The speed odometer was pretty much the same as I had with waze. The tires were available in Tirerack but I do have a northeast zip code. I'm not sure if Tirerack has different warehouse inventory depending on location. I think you'll be fine with the 255/35/18 square setup.

I decided to keep my Cooper All seasons on a spare set of OEM wheels for one winter and see if I end up using it. I bought the sensors off eBay (pn: 13538760) as take-offs from a new car. They cost me around $40 for the set (best offer). Looks like there are bunch of sellers on eBay selling these sensors as take-offs. Might be faster and cheaper than waiting on a GM parts store.

Had everything mounted and swapped at the dealer today - sensors seem to work fine. The difference in steering feel on these all seasons is shocking (not in a good way). It was only a 2 mile drive home, but I am looking forward to going to back to the summer tires already.
Following up not that I have driven these for about 400 miles and in freezing temps. Once the initial shock of the steering feel wore off, I am actually liking these tires. Definitely require a more judicious throttle, but totally usable - and a bit comfier for the choppy winter roads. Still won't ever intentionally drive them with any snow on the ground, but for dry cold temps, totally fine.

Wanted to give an update on the "winter" tires on my 4BW. I went with the Conti DWS06+ in 255/35/18 front and 275/35/18 rear, mounted on the stock wheels. I have about 1000 miles on them, including driving in mid-20s dry and low 40s wet, and on a several hundred mile highway road trip for work. I am super impressed so far. Their performance in the wet definitely exceeds the Pilot 4s, and their performance in the dry isn't *that* far off either. They are still grippy in the cold and feel softer over bumps. Turn in is good but not as sharp as the Pilots. As far as lateral grip, on a dry back road (~30F) I recorded 0.95 G on the in-car accelerometer. No snow here yet, but I am anxious to try them out when it does.
01a8128d12c6fcf23cc1f296798f7c2c83e34be65a.jpg

also shared updates on 5BW: @Mcard23 based this awesome guy's info, 255/40-19 Pirelli W240 Sotto Zero Winter
295/30-19 Pirelli W240 Sotto Zero Winter

Works perfectly.

Wanted to give an update on the "winter" tires on my 4BW. I went with the Conti DWS06+ in 255/35/18 front and 275/35/18 rear, mounted on the stock wheels. I have about 1000 miles on them, including driving in mid-20s dry and low 40s wet, and on a several hundred mile highway road trip for work. I am super impressed so far. Their performance in the wet definitely exceeds the Pilot 4s, and their performance in the dry isn't *that* far off either. They are still grippy in the cold and feel softer over bumps. Turn in is good but not as sharp as the Pilots. As far as lateral grip, on a dry back road (~30F) I recorded 0.95 G on the in-car accelerometer. No snow here yet, but I am anxious to try them out when it does.
View attachment 14615
Too bad these don't seem to be an option for the 5BW. When I bought my V Wagon (used) - it had a brand new set of these, and I ended up never taking them off, just drove them year around. I thought that were much better than the then current Michelin AS offerings.

CT5 - Year 2 on the Sottozeros

Marfan put together an excellent recap of year 1 here:

I had previously mentioned the tires felt 'squirmy'.
This time I made sure the tires were appropriately inflated. 39 PSI cold all around.
A lot of this feeling is simply tramlining. The tramlining + low PSI resulted in some really bad behavior.
The higher PSI helps. The Sottozeros now feel very similar to the PS4S (to be clear, both have pretty bad tramlining).

CT5 - Year 2 on the Sottozeros

Marfan put together an excellent recap of year 1 here:

I had previously mentioned the tires felt 'squirmy'.
This time I made sure the tires were appropriately inflated. 39 PSI cold all around.
A lot of this feeling is simply tramlining. The tramlining + low PSI resulted in some really bad behavior.
The higher PSI helps. The Sottozeros now feel very similar to the PS4S (to be clear, both have pretty bad tramlining).
You bugger (jk)...I had trouble finding the 265's and didn't want to go down to the 255's... that plus your comments from last Winter regarding the Sottozeros--> went with the square set up of the Vredesteins recommended by Tire Rack. Truth be told I was having serious trouble finding any decent staggered set up that I'd trust in snow/ice.

Truth is they are actually riding pretty quiet, sticky, and smooth without any issues in the 20's here... but have yet to really push them (I have a little bit😈) or be in rain/snow/ice. Also speedometer is pretty good at matching my GPS (radar & Waze) so I feel good there.

Used to take my SS out up to about 6 inches of snow as my daily. We'll see about my 5, but I do have an Enterprise rent-a-car 5 minutes from me if need be.

This is my biggest success in my SS. Hard to see in this pic but it's a pretty steep hill. Got up """no problems""" with DWS06. I carried chains too (konig k-summit) so wasn't too worried :p

Don't get me wrong. I'm still not happy with the Sottozeros. But I'm gonna try to at least wear them down and replace them with good set of all seasons. Last year I was ready to just throw them in the garbage dump.

Attachments

• 20190208_134535.jpg
    20190208_134535.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
This is my biggest success in my SS. Hard to see in this pic but it's a pretty steep hill. Got up """no problems""" with DWS06. I carried chains too (konig k-summit) so wasn't too worried :p

Don't get me wrong. I'm still not happy with the Sottozeros. But I'm gonna try to at least wear them down and replace them with good set of all seasons. Last year I was ready to just throw them in the garbage dump.
My blizzaks did the trick back then

FWIW - I just went with a mix of Pirellis on my CT5V BW

Front: Pirelli P Zero Winter - 265/35R19
Rear: Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II - 295/30R19

Despite the sizing nomenclature, the tread width is nearly identical to stock.

Hopefully Michelin will get the PA5 Alpins in our sizes in the future, but until then this should work.

E5D9C59D-434B-4FAE-A3B3-09E28DEF8266.jpeg
7EDDF212-27F8-4C42-9033-EA0AF177A13F.jpeg
3A9B0981-3527-4F42-B59F-A12A4E0FAC0C.jpeg

Hope this is helpful

FWIW - I just went with a mix of Pirellis on my CT5V BW

Front: Pirelli P Zero Winter - 265/35R19
Rear: Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II - 295/30R19

Despite the sizing nomenclature, the tread width is nearly identical to stock.

Hopefully Michelin will get the PA5 Alpins in our sizes in the future, but until then this should work.

View attachment 14644View attachment 14645View attachment 14646

Hope this is helpful
I was too much of a wimp to mix and match without seeing tread in person. Thanks for info

I was thinking of putting all seasons on my car (cooper tires) but decided to go with snows. As I posted before I went with Vredstein Wintrac Pros 275/35/19s square on OZ 19x9 hyper GLT wheels from tire rack. I probably put them on too soon (temps in mid 50s here but had dropped into high 30s last week) but they are working quite well with this car. Dry grip is great and wet grip is decent. Since the contact patch is less in the rears the car feels more squirrelly (kind of enjoying that a bit actually). With moderate throttle it is okay actually, turn in feels a bit less stable but that is to be expected with winters and narrower contact patch. Will provide an update on how it feels in really cold temps.
How’s it going with the OZ/Vredstein setup?

Thinking it’s the most likely choice for driving this thing in Ontario next winter. Have you had it out much in snow yet?

How’s it going with the OZ/Vredstein setup?

Thinking it’s the most likely choice for driving this thing in Ontario next winter. Have you had it out much in snow yet?
So far so good....dry traction is ok ...just have to be judicious with throttle application with 275s back there 😁....havent had any snow yet coldest temps were mid 30s

One thing with the 5 BW ...it does put down power well even with the 275s in the rear..I haven't been able to break it loose as easily as I was able to with my V2. I am usually in V mode with rev match on but I don't fool around with TC settings or PTM. What settings do you guys run the car under when dry out?

One thing with the 5 BW ...it does put down power well even with the 275s in the rear..I haven't been able to break it loose as easily as I was able to with my V2. I am usually in V mode with rev match on but I don't fool around with TC settings or PTM. What settings do you guys run the car under when dry out?

I’m still running my normal “my mode” 90% of the time - everything is maxed out except brake feel and suspension set to 50%

Figured I'd supply an update on my "winter" setup as well, Michelin Pilot Sport AS4, 255/35/18 in front, 285/35/18 on back (which fit perfectly). Very happy with the setup, still only feel like I'm giving up a tiny bit of steering sharpness from the PS4S's, but slightly better/quieter ride and excellent grip. An added bonus is that these tires don't have that skittish feeling that the PS4S's do when you start driving them cold (even on warmer days), which is a definite bonus in my book. Overall, very happy and will probably just keep these on in perpetuity even when spring comes back around.

Can anyone validate the hub center bore for the 4BW is 66.9mm? Trying to order a custom set of wheels.
May just have to call the dealer...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners