Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

Those definitely do look skinny in the rear compared to stock. Also, nice taste in driveway pavers. 😉

1666396442519.png

1666396455964.png

Those definitely do look skinny in the rear compared to stock. Also, nice taste in driveway pavers. 😉

Hahaha nice....yeah tire rack recommended narrower tires for driving through snow...275 was the biggest size Vredstein had in winters

Hey everyone, new to the forum and kind of cross posting from Cadillac Forums, but figured that I would share my 4BW winter setup with you all :)

I opted to get 225/40 on 9" and 245/40 on 9.5" Michelin AS4s, with Apex wheels. I got OE TPMS and had no issues relearning them. These tires are skinnier with higher aspect to maintain OE diameter, so shouldn't mess with the wheel speed at all.

Heres the parts list, also NEVER BUY FROM GMPARTSDIRECT!!! Get the TPMS sensors and nuts from RockAuto!!!!

Wheels, spacers, lugs, TPMS:
The 3mm spacers are for the fronts to bring to OE offset

TPMS Module PN: 13538760
TPMS Nut PN: 13581557

Tires:

Let me know if you have any questions!!!

Obviously the tires are skinnier, less grippy, and it's cold, so grip is slightly reduced in hard turning and hard accel. Car still feels balanced and maintaining OE diameter is great. Skinnier tires are a bit better for inclement weather too. Overall for daily commute, driving experience is unchanged.

Also included are pictures of the markings of the OE wheels
OE Specifications:
– Center Bore: 66.9 mm
– PCD: 5x120
– Wheel Fasteners: Lug nuts
– Wheel Tightening Torque: 190Nm (140ft-lbs)
– Thread Size: M14 x 1.5
– Trim Production: [2021 .. 2022]

255/35ZR18 94Y 9Jx18 ET28
275/35ZR18 99Y 9.5Jx18 ET48

Attachments

• CCI_000006.jpg
    CCI_000006.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 159
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 128
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 154
  • 20221018_174528.jpg
    20221018_174528.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 162
  • 20221018_174537.jpg
    20221018_174537.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 152
  • 20221018_174548.jpg
    20221018_174548.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 146
  • 20221018_174616.jpg
    20221018_174616.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Hey everyone, new to the forum and kind of cross posting from Cadillac Forums, but figured that I would share my 4BW winter setup with you all :)

I opted to get 225/40 on 9" and 245/40 on 9.5" Michelin AS4s, with Apex wheels. I got OE TPMS and had no issues relearning them. These tires are skinnier with higher aspect to maintain OE diameter, so shouldn't mess with the wheel speed at all.

Heres the parts list, also NEVER BUY FROM GMPARTSDIRECT!!! Get the TPMS sensors and nuts from RockAuto!!!!

Tires:

Obviously the tires are skinnier, less grippy, and it's cold, so grip is slightly reduced in hard turning and hard accel. Car still feels balanced and maintaining OE diameter is great. Skinnier tires are a bit better for inclement weather too. Overall for daily commute, driving experience is unchanged.

OE Specifications:

Great post and info. A few questions as I am considering the exact same set up.
Are those the bronze finish? Did you run this all last winter? Why didn't you go 9" in the rear with a 245 tire?
Thanks!

Great post and info. A few questions as I am considering the exact same set up.
Are those the bronze finish? Did you run this all last winter? Why didn't you go 9" in the rear with a 245 tire?
Thanks!
Nope! Those are the Grey/Anthracite finish. The rears didn't come in Bronze unless you get the forged ones. This is the first year that I am running this setup, and I wanted to be as close to OE wheel size/offset as possible.

If the 255/275 35 AS4s were available/in stock, I would have bought those instead. Winter in NoVA is not particularly harsh.

The 225/245 40 tires are at the "maximum recommended wheel width" from Michelin, are XL rated, and maintain overall OE diameter by <1%.

Tires:

OE Specifications:

curious about why why you don't recommend GMpartsdirect? I've used them a few times for parts without issue. actually just bought a new factory set of wheels from them w/ TPMS. They didn't ship yet but the TPMS sensors are $5 less per sensor than rock has them for currently. welcome to the better forum though!

Same wheels as Novakin, but Conti DWS06 plus in 255/35 and 275/35. I have another vehicle for the small amount of snow we get so I opted for a/s instead of dedicated snows(since there were no good choices anyway). The rears don't have xl load designation, but for mild winter street use it shouldn't be an issue.

IMG_20221022_135615251.jpg
IMG_20221022_135543994.jpg

curious about why why you don't recommend GMpartsdirect? I've used them a few times for parts without issue. actually just bought a new factory set of wheels from them w/ TPMS. They didn't ship yet but the TPMS sensors are $5 less per sensor than rock has them for currently. welcome to the better forum though!
I placed an order for the TPMS parts on 9/30/2022, and they haven't moved or updated the status since. I tried calling (voicemail nobody ever picked up), email, and the Contact page and it's almost like it's a fake business or something. If I try to cancel or return, I'm going to have to pay a 35% restocking fee.

1666493750956.png

If you're bored, check out their Google Maps reviews (1.2 Stars). No idea what's going on there.

If they do ever show up at any point, I will just sell them to a lucky BW/C8 owner for a sweet discount :p.

I ordered from RockAuto on Monday night, and they showed up Thursday with the cheapest shipping option. Like you said, it was only slightly more expensive.

Well shit....
I placed an order for the TPMS parts on 9/30/2022, and they haven't moved or updated the status since. I tried calling (voicemail nobody ever picked up), email, and the Contact page and it's almost like it's a fake business or something. If I try to cancel or return, I'm going to have to pay a 35% restocking fee.

View attachment 13594

If you're bored, check out their Google Maps reviews (1.2 Stars). No idea what's going on there.

If they do ever show up at any point, I will just sell them to a lucky BW/C8 owner for a sweet discount :p.

I ordered from RockAuto on Monday night, and they showed up Thursday with the cheapest shipping option. Like you said, it was only slightly more expensive.

Update, after some hemming and much hawing, I opted to go with the the Michelin Pilot AS4's, 255/35/18 in the front and 285/35/18 in the back, since the 275's are unobtainium until well into the winter.

Very initial impressions are positive. They are noticeably quieter and more comfortable than the PS4S's, though the steering did lose a little bit of sharpness. I will say that - especially in the rear - they appear a good bit chunkier than the stock tires and are a bit less aesthetically pleasing in general, but they're also dirty and have that tire mounting goop on them so I'll reserve judgment until they're cleaned and shined up.

For those wondering, the 285's fit the rear wheels perfectly and the tire guys at Costco (who were all very excited about the car) said they had no problems mounting and balancing.

Attachments

• 20221024_151614.jpg
    20221024_151614.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 74
I was thinking of putting all seasons on my car (cooper tires) but decided to go with snows. As I posted before I went with Vredstein Wintrac Pros 275/35/19s square on OZ 19x9 hyper GLT wheels from tire rack. I probably put them on too soon (temps in mid 50s here but had dropped into high 30s last week) but they are working quite well with this car. Dry grip is great and wet grip is decent. Since the contact patch is less in the rears the car feels more squirrelly (kind of enjoying that a bit actually). With moderate throttle it is okay actually, turn in feels a bit less stable but that is to be expected with winters and narrower contact patch. Will provide an update on how it feels in really cold temps.

What tires? tech bronze is my summer setup lol
Mercedes spec Sottozero Serie ii 265/35 front
Porsche spec Sottozero Serie ii 295/30 rear

I was originally going to get another set of wheels for winter duty, but at the time, it was hard to find information on what would fit (as you well know). The I love the look of the Signature wheels and they are quite a bit lighter.

Mercedes spec Sottozero Serie ii 265/35 front
Porsche spec Sottozero Serie ii 295/30 rear

I was originally going to get another set of wheels for winter duty, but at the time, it was hard to find information on what would fit (as you well know). The I love the look of the Signature wheels and they are quite a bit lighter.
I hear you,! I would have preferred the stock setup but could not find winter tires

Looks like my GMPARTSDIRECT TMPS Sensors and Nuts finally shipped (only 1 month late lol). DM if you need some, and I can send them your way!

I decided to keep my Cooper All seasons on a spare set of OEM wheels for one winter and see if I end up using it. I bought the sensors off eBay (pn: 13538760) as take-offs from a new car. They cost me around $40 for the set (best offer). Looks like there are bunch of sellers on eBay selling these sensors as take-offs. Might be faster and cheaper than waiting on a GM parts store.

Had everything mounted and swapped at the dealer today - sensors seem to work fine. The difference in steering feel on these all seasons is shocking (not in a good way). It was only a 2 mile drive home, but I am looking forward to going to back to the summer tires already.

Well, went to test out the dry traction a bit. Ended up putting some 11s down in 3rd gear at about 45mph with about 60% throttle. So yeah, won't be flooring it till spring 😂

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back