Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Allocations

Hi there,

I live in Newfoundland and Labrador and I bought a CT4-V AWD last July. The only one in the province and I love it. Perhaps the nicest car I've ever owned (beside my 2018 Camaro SS convertible which is currently stored for the winter). Would love to get the BW as well. Good luck and hope you get yours.
All the guys I talk to(online) from your area are more interested in Skidoo's than Caddy's.

The process was very easy. The car was actually sitting on the dealer's lot. It arrived a day earlier and I guess timing is everything. I went in and traded my 2014 Silverado on the Caddy and had it home the next day. No issues at all. I got a decent trade and I got an employee discount on the car. So win win.

I bought a set of Fast wheels from Quattro Tires in Quebec and a set of winter tires from a local tire dealer, had them installed and have driven it in some snowy weather without issue. I just love this car.

It’s Thursday!

23CC8099-8525-4E30-A15B-B509BA738B61.jpeg

I got a call from my dealer GM Saturday. The Cadillac rep was in Friday and he asked what's going on with his Blackwing orders. The rep said "How many V models did you sell last year?"
GM replied "None" Rep said "well you won't get any allocations then"

Is this true? GM really is going to play this game? The GM said he will keep my order in and update it to a 2023 when it's time just in case.

I started calling around other dealers trying to find some that will order at MSRP. This is a frustrating time to try to get a car. We also placed an order last week at the local dealer for an Escalade for my wife. 8-12 months, IF it even gets built because it's a Sport Platinum.

I got a call from my dealer GM Saturday. The Cadillac rep was in Friday and he asked what's going on with his Blackwing orders. The rep said "How many V models did you sell last year?"

Is this true? GM really is going to play this game? The GM said he will keep my order in and update it to a 2023 when it's time just in case.

I started calling around other dealers trying to find some that will order at MSRP. This is a frustrating time to try to get a car. We also placed an order last week at the local dealer for an Escalade for my wife. 8-12 months, IF it even gets built because it's a Sport Platinum.
That's exactly how the GM's allocation system works. It awards dealerships for previous sales. In this case, Vs.

That's exactly how the GM's allocation system works. It awards dealerships for previous sales. In this case, Vs.
Previous sales of all vehicles for GM, or even just Cadillac, I understand, but getting specific about V models only was what surprising to me. Especially considering the 4 and 5 V models were not exactly overwhelming.

Previous sales of all vehicles for GM, or even just Cadillac, I understand, but getting specific about V models only was what surprising to me. Especially considering the 4 and 5 V models were not exactly overwhelming.
I can understand that however, they're rewarding them for selling "performance" vehicles. That way, dealerships who sell a lot of trucks etc... aren't rewarded with Blackwing allocations for those sales.

It's how nearly all car manufacturers setup their allocation system for lower production vehicles. As mentioned, it rewards dealers who sell and puts the vehicle in the hands of a dealer who most likely are going to sell it. Unfortunately, the shortages and labor issues have just exaggerated the negative side of this system. In that smaller dealers who don't sell would still usually get limited allocations and now they are getting nearly zero.

If you want an in demand low production vehicle the first question to ask a dealer is how many allocations do they get monthly and what place in line are you. If they cant' tell you this, go to a bigger dealer.

Last edited:
Seems like we've now got production scheduled out through April, and I thought I saw a May production end date somewhere. So, my question is: At what point will it be clear that there will be no more adds for the production run, and the rest of us are just SOL?

Thanks for the replies. They helped me understand better.

RupertH, 5/5 is last date for a 2022 to be picked up. I believe 7/7/22 is last date of production then production switches to 2023 models. If that happens, the order from 2022 models gets canceled and you would need to reorder as a 2023 model year.

I spent all morning contacting dealers within several hours of me and I was able to place an order for MSRP and am 4th in line. The dealer has been receiving allocations. I placed a refundable deposit and resume the waiting game. I'm guessing my chances of getting in for 2022 are very slim.

After 7 + months dealer says no allocation and I won’t be getting car !
$1000 deposit they said Guaranteed to get car ,what a joke.
In my mind inflation increased so much caddy decided to let order’s run out to get increase on 23 units

After 7 + months dealer says no allocation and I won’t be getting car !
$1000 deposit they said Guaranteed to get car ,what a joke.
In my mind inflation increased so much caddy decided to let order’s run out to get increase on 23 units
This isn't exclusive to Caddy or GM. They've all got problems right now. Lets hope for some changes back to normal this year!

I posted this in a different thread, but I was talking with my dealer yesterday. He pretty much agreed with me that at this point my 5 will not get built for 2022 MY, mainly due to 0% constraint on carbon and the May 5 "deadline". He told me he will roll it over to a 2023 if that's what I want. Told him I'm looking at 4's and I may just cancel the 5 and wait for the 2024 MY, which I personally think will be the last year for the Blackwing. He also believes 2024 will be the last year too.

My dealer called me on Saturday and said it's my turn to order a 5-V Blackwing. I submitted my build and asked about constraints as I have selected the Natural interior which includes the carbon fiber seats. I was told they just submit the build I want and wait for Cadillac to come back and tell them what needs to be taken off and so far I've heard nothing.

I don't know if I actually got an allocation considering the carbon fiber seat should be on constraint and my order should have been kicked back for that but hasn't and its now Wednesday evening. I'm thinking they just submit the order of the next person in line and simply wait for an allocation and then change the order as needed.

My dealers is a pretty straight shooter though and actually will tell you all the constraints they received on Thursday every week for all their models so this seems odd that they don't know what the Blackwing constraints are. I'm in Canada and was number 3 in line as of last May so I wasn't honestly expecting to get a phone call until at least the fall or this time next year so even if I don't have an allocation I'll probably get one in the summer if I'm now number one in line.

I'll gladly remove the carbon fiber seats if they're still on constraint, its unfortunate there isn't any other way to get the natural interior.

My dealer called me on Saturday and said it's my turn to order a 5-V Blackwing.
Excellent! Congrats.
I’m waiting in line in Ontario, too, but it’s only been for a little while for me so far.
Which dealership are you with? I’m pretty far down the list at City Cadillac in Toronto but have since found a better spot at a dealership in St. Thomas.
Oh, and please post anything you learn about the process as it shifts from the long wait in line to actually putting in an order. It would be great to have the benefit of your experience so that I and maybe others in Canada might have an idea of what to expect as GM may be doing things differently here than in the U.S.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back