Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

The treadwear rating between the AS and S are quite different. I have some AS3+ on the front of my ATS with over 50k on them. Still at 5/32. I live in Arkansas.

What are your rears at and is this an ATSV or just an ATS? Regardless of what they rate them the rears on my X3M were at 4/32 at just 14k miles with the AS4. Which is not much better than the PS4S. At that mileage they were also incredibly noisy. I imagine a 5BW and the X3M would get similar mileage numbers

What are your rears at and is this an ATSV or just an ATS? Regardless of what they rate them the rears on my X3M were at 4/32 at just 14k miles with the AS4. Which is not much better than the PS4S. At that mileage they were also incredibly noisy. I imagine a 5BW and the X3M would get similar mileage numbers
It's a regular ATS with the staggered tires. I will say that the rears only lasted 25k for some reason. I can't account for the huge difference. It's not like I do burnouts or anything [really]. :D

I'm getting a regular CT5-V and elected to go with the AS tires as they fit my needs better.

For the CT4 V BW owners, I was able to figure out a wheel/tire combo for winter use.

Wheels:
Apex EC-7 5x120 - these are relatively inexpensive and lightweight
Front: 18x9 ET31 w Apex 3mm spacers (brings it right to factory offset of 28)
Rear: 19x9.5 ET43 (extends additional 5mm out beyond factory 48mm offset)

The barrels easily clear the front rotors/calipers and the spokes in the rear also clear the calipers, which is the main concern when sourcing wheels for this car (there’s a little less breathing room than the stock wheels).

I went with Michelin Crossclimate 2 tires. They’re 3 peak rated but classified as all seasons. The tires are narrower than stock, but maintain the same diameter, and the wheels are the max size recommended for these tire sizes by Michelin.

Front: 225/40/18
Rear: 245/40/18

The stock lugs are a little too beefy for the wheels so I got Gorilla Automotive 26144BC - Gorilla Small Diameter Lug Nuts.

I went with GM sensors (13538760) and nuts (13581557).

And the wheels are 72.56mm center bore so I got Coyote racing 72.56mm OD - 66.90mm ID aluminum centering rings.

Hope this helps those still looking for some aftermarket wheels!
My set of Apex wheels arrived this week and I was concerned with the amount of thread engagement my lug nuts have. The factory wheels allow about 9 full revolutions of the lug nuts whereas the Apex wheels are thicker and only have about 7.25 turns. (Even less at only 5.5 turns with the front 3mm spacers). Did you install longer studs? Anyone have any thoughts or advice?

My set of Apex wheels arrived this week and I was concerned with the amount of thread engagement my lug nuts have. The factory wheels allow about 9 full revolutions of the lug nuts whereas the Apex wheels are thicker and only have about 7.25 turns. (Even less at only 5.5 turns with the front 3mm spacers). Did you install longer studs? Anyone have any thoughts or advice?
My mechanic told me that DOT minimum requirement is lug length of 14 mm after you mounted the wheel. You can use the back of the caliper tool to measure that.

The amount of thread engagement is contingent on the stud size. I don't think 5.5 turns is going to cut it, but 7.25 might work. There are charts out there that show the minimums. Just need to figure out what the stud size is.

The amount of thread engagement is contingent on the stud size. I don't think 5.5 turns is going to cut it, but 7.25 might work. There are charts out there that show the minimums. Just need to figure out what the stud size is.
It’s 14x1.5mm unfortunately. It’s no coincidence factory setup is 9 revolutions. :(

It’s 14x1.5mm unfortunately. It’s no coincidence factory setup is 9 revolutions. :(
From Tire Rack. 7.5 turns needed.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-19 13.25.11.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-19 13.25.11.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 107
I wanted to revive this thread, as there will likely be a shortage of inventory again this fall. For those looking at winter tires for their CT4 BW, Fitment Industries is the first I have seen have both the fronts and rears in stock. In fact I just ordered them and got them delivered for whenever I do get my car, which may very well be in the dead of winter at this point. These would be for stock wheels, and are the models Cadillac uses for their CT4BW press cars (See my previous posts in this thread).

So for those that want to get a jump on it, hit up Fitment Industries.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 12.03.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 12.03.44 PM.png
    352.1 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I wanted to revive this thread, as there will likely be a shortage of inventory again this fall. For those looking at winter tires for their CT4 BW, Fitment Industries is the first I have seen have both the fronts and rears in stock. In fact I just ordered them and got them delivered for whenever I do get my car, which may very well be in the dead of winter at this point. These would be for stock wheels, and are the models Cadillac uses for their CT4BW presas cars (See my previous posts in this thread).

What did they end up running you? Wonder if they will ship to APO

What did they end up running you? Wonder if they will ship to APO
QTYDESCRIPTIONPRICE
2265/35R18XL Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 Winter 265/35/18 Tire$662.50
2255/35R18/XL Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 Winter 255/35/18 Tire$655.50
ITEM(S) SUBTOTAL:$1,318.00
SHIPPING:$0.00
TAX:$105.44
TIRE TAX:$10.00
GRAND TOTAL:$1,433.44

I’m a big fan of the Alpins. Sadly I lost the chance to purchase 255F / 265R last Dec. For my 4BW I went with Pilot 4 A/S. They were fantastic on light snow. 20% better than Alpin in the dry, 20% worst in heavy snow. If you live in an area with a cold and mostly dry winter Michelin A/S is a good option. I mounted them on an additional set of stock rims I purchased.

I wanted to revive this thread, as there will likely be a shortage of inventory again this fall. For those looking at winter tires for their CT4 BW, Fitment Industries is the first I have seen have both the fronts and rears in stock. In fact I just ordered them and got them delivered for whenever I do get my car, which may very well be in the dead of winter at this point. These would be for stock wheels, and are the models Cadillac uses for their CT4BW press cars (See my previous posts in this thread).

How is it that some jank place has these but Tire Rack doesn't? 🤔

Good timing on the revive, I've just started looking for wheels to mount my pa4's on.

I've asked my dealership's parts guys about wheel sizes/specs and have been told some different info I've seen on this thread, so I want to check with the forum for confirmation.

My dealership tells me:
32mm offset front and rear, 14x1.5 lug nut. They never got back to me on center bore because I think I was asking questions of a technical nature they just didn't have answers for or weren't comfortable with 😅.

What I've read here:
Front offset of 28mm, rear of 48mm, center bore 72.56

I don't want to mess with spacers and hub centric rings if I can, so just want to make sure I'm working with the most accurate info.

Also, I have yet to find a definitive answer on the web as to the stock 4vbw wheel specs down to the nitty gritty of aftermarket fitment. Let's get it out there!

Thanks to anyone who can confirm with certainty what we all should be using as stock fitment specs for the 4vbw!

So far there’s no direct aftermarket for the 4BW. Apex has something close, but you’ll need hub rings.
The only direct match available to my knowledge is stock or custom made. I might have missed a new model available out there.

So far there’s no direct aftermarket for the 4BW. Apex has something close, but you’ll need hub rings.
The only direct match available to my knowledge is stock or custom made. I might have missed a new model available out there.
Yep, I don't think you're missing anything.

I just want to start with accurate information about what the fitment is on stock wheels and go from there.

I feel like the 5 is in the same boat. I literally just re-read this entire thread this weekend and took some notes. Thank you everyone for all your great info! Maybe when I get home later I can find a couple minutes to post a summary (someone also did this awhile ago... so I may plagiarize a bit😇)

Anyone consider this setup for the 5? Seems like 295 should fit the rear rims and diameter is close.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220701-225136_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20220701-225136_Edge.jpg
    594.6 KB · Views: 99

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace