Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

So... In the recent CT4-V Blackwing review on Driven Car Reviews With Tom Voelk, Cadillac put winter tires on the stock rims. I was able to snag a few screenshots. Not sure which version of the Michelin Pilot Alpin (4, PA4, 5, 6)... but there clearly exists winter rubber from Michelin that fits the stock wheels.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 2.33.19 PM.png

255/35/18 on the front

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 2.40.48 PM.png

What appears to be 265/35/18 on the rear.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 2.33.28 PM.jpg

EDIT. I think I tracked them down

Front: Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4
255/35R18 94V XL BSW
(MSPN : 19300)

Rear: Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4
265/35R18 97V XL BSW
(MSPN : 29830)

Now... just finding 18x9 and 18x9.5 wheels that fit over those massive calipers...

Last edited:
on my '13 CTS-V, which had similar wheel sizes to the current CT4, i used drag wheels DR-37 wheels - 18x9.5 i think - they cleared the 13 V calipers fine. but cant make any promises
for my current CT5 BW, DR-80 wheels in 19x9.5 fit nicely

For the CT4 V BW owners, I was able to figure out a wheel/tire combo for winter use.

Wheels:
Apex EC-7 5x120 - these are relatively inexpensive and lightweight
Front: 18x9 ET31 w Apex 3mm spacers (brings it right to factory offset of 28)
Rear: 19x9.5 ET43 (extends additional 5mm out beyond factory 48mm offset)

The barrels easily clear the front rotors/calipers and the spokes in the rear also clear the calipers, which is the main concern when sourcing wheels for this car (there’s a little less breathing room than the stock wheels).

I went with Michelin Crossclimate 2 tires. They’re 3 peak rated but classified as all seasons. The tires are narrower than stock, but maintain the same diameter, and the wheels are the max size recommended for these tire sizes by Michelin.

Front: 225/40/18
Rear: 245/40/18

The stock lugs are a little too beefy for the wheels so I got Gorilla Automotive 26144BC - Gorilla Small Diameter Lug Nuts.

I went with GM sensors (13538760) and nuts (13581557).

And the wheels are 72.56mm center bore so I got Coyote racing 72.56mm OD - 66.90mm ID aluminum centering rings.

Hope this helps those still looking for some aftermarket wheels!

Attachments

• 336F4EB6-D399-483C-8C08-09D3CB030669.jpeg
    336F4EB6-D399-483C-8C08-09D3CB030669.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 322
  • 66885325-2C05-4409-B348-3EC54D5F3342.jpeg
    66885325-2C05-4409-B348-3EC54D5F3342.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 291
  • DF8A67BC-7B6B-4F63-B501-5EE637149F2B.jpeg
    DF8A67BC-7B6B-4F63-B501-5EE637149F2B.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 315
For the CT4 V BW owners, I was able to figure out a wheel/tire combo for winter use.

Wheels:

The barrels easily clear the front rotors/calipers and the spokes in the rear also clear the calipers, which is the main concern when sourcing wheels for this car (there’s a little less breathing room than the stock wheels).

I went with Michelin Crossclimate 2 tires. They’re 3 peak rated but classified as all seasons. The tires are narrower than stock, but maintain the same diameter, and the wheels are the max size recommended for these tire sizes by Michelin.

The stock lugs are a little too beefy for the wheels so I got Gorilla Automotive 26144BC - Gorilla Small Diameter Lug Nuts.

And the wheels are 72.56mm center bore so I got Coyote racing 72.56mm OD - 66.90mm ID aluminum centering rings.

I also heard from Apex and got the same recommendations. Shout out to @WONT TAP for providing measurements. Apex is pretty much the only manufacturer that has 18" non-forged wheels that fit the CT4 BW... And I contacted a crap ton of manufacturers!

Wheels:

Thank you for trying it out!!! Will the front clear the caliper without the 3mm spacer?

I also heard from Apex and got the same recommendations. Shout out to @WONT TAP for providing measurements. Apex is pretty much the only manufacturer that has 18" non-forged wheels that fit the CT4 BW... And I contacted a crap ton of manufacturers!
Yea Apex was great. I worked with them to test fit the wheels before I committed to buying all 4. It was a win win.

Wheels:

I'd love to know the weight of stock wheels vs the Apex.

Does apex have the fitment yet for the 5 ?
Not that I'm aware. I talked with them and they said they needed a car to scan. They implied that I could order from the Camaro-compatible fitments to try it myself, but that I would be pretty much on my own.

Not that I'm aware. I talked with them and they said they needed a car to scan. They implied that I could order from the Camaro-compatible fitments to try it myself, but that I would be pretty much on my own.
That could get expensive if measurment is not right on the money

Wheels:

Are you able to install rear center caps? Just curious if there is some sort of interference or you hadn’t gotten to it in your photo. Thanks

end of winter summary for 5BW snow tires - the Nokians (made in Russia - bad) in 275/35/19 fit fine on all 4 corners with the aftermarket wheels i listed a few pages ago. great performance through bad winter weather. i took them off a week ago, and so happy to be back on summer tires. better ride, better handling, more happy! snow tires do have an annoying vibration, which might be due to imperfect balancing by tire place, or more likely slight imperfection in centering ring, allowing the wheel to be a tiny bit off center (the lug pattern on the wheel is a tiny bit off from factory GM pattern and i think this might make a difference)

end of winter summary for 5BW snow tires - the Nokians (made in Russia - bad) in 275/35/19 fit fine on all 4 corners with the aftermarket wheels i listed a few pages ago. great performance through bad winter weather. i took them off a week ago, and so happy to be back on summer tires. better ride, better handling, more happy! snow tires do have an annoying vibration, which might be due to imperfect balancing by tire place, or more likely slight imperfection in centering ring, allowing the wheel to be a tiny bit off center (the lug pattern on the wheel is a tiny bit off from factory GM pattern and i think this might make a difference)

I'm running the R3 as well and it has a very slight vibration to it for me too. It's a great snow tire but I can't wait to get them off in a couple more weeks.

i took mine off last sunday, and the world paid me back by snowing wednesday and again saturday here in northeast!
i wonder if the vibration is because the bolt pattern of the car is 5 x 114.3 (4.75"), but the wheels are built to european specs and have 5x114 pattern. i just wonder if it is possible to mount the wheel a tiny bit off center, if the centering ring on the hub isnt perfect fit, and thus get vibration. i had the same problem with similar wheels on my 13 V2 wagon

At the V Academy they were talking about the Pilot Sport AS and said they were wonderful. However they don’t have fronts yet. Maybe this next winter.

The AS4 is more of a tire that people use when they don't want to switch tires. Or you live in very southern states and don't really get snow or ice but temps can get down where you shouldn't be using summers. They aren't good in snow or ice but if it does snow they are usable. Their wear is not any better than the PS4S though so don't expect much more than 12-14k out of them which means snow and ice performance is long gone by then. I used a set on my X3M and I personally wouldn't ever buy them again.

The AS4 is more of a tire that people use when they don't want to switch tires. Or you live in very southern states and don't really get snow or ice but temps can get down where you shouldn't be using summers. They aren't good in snow or ice but if it does snow they are usable. Their wear is not any better than the PS4S though so don't expect much more than 12-14k out of them which means snow and ice performance is long gone by then. I used a set on my X3M and I personally wouldn't ever buy them again.
Good points. For my area and application they sound great, which is cold and wet. I don’t get snow and ice.

The treadwear rating between the AS and S are quite different. I have some AS3+ on the front of my ATS with over 50k on them. Still at 5/32. I live in Arkansas.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back