Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

Weapon-X did make a winter wheel and tire package for the ATS-V:
https://www.**************.com/thre...at-weapon-x-motorsports.931681/#post-16309977

However, that is still a staggered setup. I was looking into a square setup and found a combo on Tirerack I think would work. Being a BBS, it will most likely clear the caliper and you get the extra 5mm sidewall compared to stock tires. See pic below.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 10.56.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 10.56.37 PM.png
    558.7 KB · Views: 205
You cant run a 255 on the rear wheel, it will stretch tire too much and decrease your OD. Just buy as close to stock no need to overthink this, your talking almost no difference in cost.
Lol. When I bought my 2016 ATS-V used, it came with 255 run flats all around. It's something I didn't pay attention to when I purchased it. Stupid ass dealer. Needless to say, I discovered it after the first turn I threw the car into..... Proper tires, Michelin Pilot Super Sports were on the car within a week.

Can those of you that have your 5BW confirm the rears are 305/30R19? The GM order guide and build your own webpages list 35 as the profile. The old GM media release lists 30, as do most auto magazines. And a couple of photos I've seen here show 30.

Can those of you that have your 5BW confirm the rears are 305/30R19? The GM order guide and build your own webpages list 35 as the profile. The old GM media release lists 30, as do most auto magazines. And a couple of photos I've seen here show 30.
Mine are rear: 305/30/ZR19 Front: 275/35/ZR19

Weapon-X did make a winter wheel and tire package for the ATS-V:
https://www.**************.com/thre...at-weapon-x-motorsports.931681/#post-16309977

However, that is still a staggered setup. I was looking into a square setup and found a combo on Tirerack I think would work. Being a BBS, it will most likely clear the caliper and you get the extra 5mm sidewall compared to stock tires. See pic below.
This is the exact wheel I have for the SS for winter. If anyone near Chicago wants to test fit let me know. I anticipate getting delivery of my BW5 smack in the middle of Chicago winter..friggen yay!

@Mirza Grebovic What kind of wiggle room are we looking at in terms of offsets for new wheels, assuming I stick with 18x9s up front and 18x9.5s in the rear? I believe the stock setup is +28 in the front and +48 in the rear, correct? Also, I know the Blackwing brakes are quite a bit larger than the ATS-V Sedan; will that likely be a problem when sourcing new wheels? I'd prefer to get a second set of wheels to run in the winter, but I also don't want to go up to 19s either.

Also, what is the size of the center bore for the blackwings? I can't find it published anywhere.

FYI, these are the wheels I'm looking at getting:

bayern wheels.jpg

Last edited:
@Mirza Grebovic What kind of wiggle room are we looking at in terms of offsets for new wheels, assuming I stick with 18x9s up front and 18x9.5s in the rear? I believe the stock setup is +28 in the front and +48 in the rear, correct? Also, I know the Blackwing brakes are quite a bit larger than the ATS-V Sedan; will that likely be a problem when sourcing new wheels? I'd prefer to get a second set of wheels to run in the winter, but I also don't want to go up to 19s either.

Also, what is the size of the center bore for the blackwings? I can't find it published anywhere.

View attachment 4775
Isn't the bolt pattern on the CT4 5x115? I was under the impression it was.

Assuming it is, it's a sadly unpopular bolt pattern as far as aftermarket support.

Isn't the bolt pattern on the CT4 5x115? I was under the impression it was.

Assuming it is, it's a sadly unpopular bolt pattern as far as aftermarket support.
I know on the regular ATS, it was 5x115 but on the ATS-V it is 5x120, so I wouldn't be surprised if the regular CT4 is 5x115 while the Blackwing is 5x120.

Are there replacement rear tires available yet in case this can’t be repaired? Is a ‘normal PS4S’ okay? Just curious but I expect it can be fixed. Only 200 miles.

Attachments

• 0F7B7D79-9D43-44F1-9245-210A461C6EC7.jpeg
    0F7B7D79-9D43-44F1-9245-210A461C6EC7.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 152
Are there replacement rear tires available yet in case this can’t be repaired? Is a ‘normal PS4S’ okay? Just curious but I expect it can be fixed. Only 200 miles.
That can be repaired. Just make sure that apply a patch inside and not a plug.

Yep they're available. I also caught a nail days after delivery and got it replaced at the dealer. Make sure you get the TPC spec PS4S

View attachment 4775
Hunter, all depends how you will use car and its something you have to check out with wheel shops. I cant comment on wiggle room without specifically getting into a project here. All tires are different for same size spec, all vary some, and some by many milimeters in width or od. I dont have center bore information.

Found a pair of tires that should work according to Mirza. Now to find some wheels that'll work

View attachment 4165
So as I mentioned before, I was curious about the fact that these wheels are Mercedes spec and Porsche spec respectively, and wondered about whether that meant they had a different compound structure. I emailed Pirelli to find out and it turns out they do in fact differ, and Pirelli does not recommend mixing them, for anyone considering this route.

So as I mentioned before, I was curious about the fact that these wheels are Mercedes spec and Porsche spec respectively, and wondered about whether that meant they had a different compound structure. I emailed Pirelli to find out and it turns out they do in fact differ, and Pirelli does not recommend mixing them, for anyone considering this route.

scratch that idea then. The search continues

I ordered a replacement set of the OE variant of the PS4s at Costco last ween. Price was about 1,500 (plus sales tax) installed after their current Michelin sale. (Tires should have arrived a few days ago but I haven't heard from Costco so I'll have to call soon.)

Anybody know what TPC spec code I'm looking for on these tires??

All it needs to say is TPC. No other gm car with this size and 4s.

I know on the regular ATS, it was 5x115 but on the ATS-V it is 5x120, so I wouldn't be surprised if the regular CT4 is 5x115 while the Blackwing is 5x120.
I just looked in the owners manual: the lug nut torque spec 140 lb/ft which is the same spec as the ATS-V and Camaro. Might be a good sign. Regular CT4/V has a different spec.

I just looked in the owners manual: the lug nut torque spec 140 lb/ft which is the same spec as the ATS-V and Camaro. Might be a good sign. Regular CT4/V has a different spec.
C8 is also 140 lb/ft.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners