Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Who here will be getting the carbon fiber packages?

Mirza, last one from me today, I promise. Are there any plans yet that you're aware of to run another V Performance Lab at COTA with the BWs? I purchased my V literally the day after the last one so I didn't get to attend.

In a related follow-up, do you know if there's going to be another trip to Spring Mountain included with the BW beyond the first 500 units? Thanks again for your time! Some of these questions the salesmen can't answer, knowledgeable as they are. ;)

Mirza, last one from me today, I promise. Are there any plans yet that you're aware of to run another V Performance Lab at COTA with the BWs? I purchased my V literally the day after the last one so I didn't get to attend.

In a related follow-up, do you know if there's going to be another trip to Spring Mountain included with the BW beyond the first 500 units? Thanks again for your time! Some of these questions the salesmen can't answer, knowledgeable as they are. ;)
I honestly dont know since we are still a ways away from production and with COVID not sure how that impacts discussions. COTA is amazing... always great memories and I miss it, at a minimum to come watch F1 again.

I honestly dont know since we are still a ways away from production and with COVID not sure how that impacts discussions. COTA is amazing... always great memories and I miss it, at a minimum to come watch F1 again.
I bet it is, I haven’t been yet and I live here! That’s why I’m itching to go.

Thanks again for your time and insight, much appreciated.

Question-will the ct5-BW manual have auto start/stop? And if it does will there be a way to turn it off permanently?

You mean like a "remote" start? If so I read somewhere that the manuals will not have it....
No, he means the Start/Stop on the cars with automatic trans where the engine shuts off when you come to red light and turns back on when you lift of the brake or turn the steering wheel.

Most manufacturers don't provide a setting to permanently disable it because I believe that would adversely affect their ability meet CAFE standards.

No, he means the Start/Stop on the cars with automatic trans where the engine shuts off when you come to red light and turns back on when you lift of the brake or turn the steering wheel.

Most manufacturers don't provide a setting to permanently disable it because I believe that would adversely affect their ability meet CAFE standards.
Ohhhhhhhhh, good question because I hate that too, and have to turn mine off every time I start the car......I wish that was deleted from the car all together...

I don't think that auto start/stop is possible with manual as it will require clutch to be engaged.

Looking at some of the press pictures, the start/stop button is blank so thats a good sign

2022-cadillac-ct4-v-blackwing-113-1612203025.jpg

That's good news.... They changed the center console up some, here is what mine looks like..

Attachments

• IMG_2572.jpg
    IMG_2572.jpg
    724.4 KB · Views: 135
I don't think that auto start/stop is possible with manual as it will require clutch to be engaged.
My 328i 6 speed has an auto start/stop. Fortunately it remembers the last setting. It is as annoying as you would expect with a manual.

Question-will the ct5-BW manual have auto start/stop? And if it does will there be a way to turn it off permanently?
No start stop on the V series Blackwing models no matter what transmission.

No start stop on the V series Blackwing models no matter what transmission.
I don't know how many other forums you are on but you sure have made getting answers to our questions much easier, thanks again, I can't say it enough! Now, if you and the V-team would like to show up in Dallas at my delivery for pictures I sure would love that.. :)

That's good news.... They changed the center console up some, here is what mine looks like..
the picture that he was showing was a CT4, not a CT5 Steve. The console will be the same for the CT5-V and the Blackwing (for us slushbox guys) you manual guys it will be slightly different.

the picture that he was showing was a CT4, not a CT5 Steve. The console will be the same for the CT5-V and the Blackwing (for us slushbox guys) you manual guys it will be slightly different.
Oh, my bad, I guess I was not paying attention...

Actually its other way around, the automatic consoles are very different, the ride mode switch is in front of shifter in CT5-V Blackwing and the phone/storage in front is a lot bigger. CT4-V Blackwing auto console has ride mode switch by arm rest and smaller front phone/storage area. The manuals are exactly the same.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners