Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Who here will be getting the carbon fiber packages?

Thank you for this @Mirza Grebovic. Answers a lot of questions we've had

Any reason the CT4 BW didn't get at least the rear camera mirror? Was looking forward to it coming from a 2016 CTS-V and seeing it on lower end Buicks but not a 60k Cadillac is a bummer
Again a choice to keep the segments and vehicles a bit more separated. I love that mirror too by the way and its so awesome on the track.

Mirza, thank you for all the replies.

The small missing things in CT4 is making me want CT5-BW now (also as it is a direct replacement for my dream car CTS-V, which I wasn't able to afford when it was available in manual).

Does Cadillac take trades for first born for CT5-BW ? ;)

Thank you Mirza, that makes sense. I always found it funny how there are so many ways to adjust the volume with this interior design. I'm a little bummed we won't have the MFC but for a manual that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make!

On another note, can you tell me if the manual trans in the Blackwing will have the 'skip shift' feature that we all love to hate? :)

Mirza, thank you for all the replies.

The small missing things in CT4 is making me want CT5-BW now (also as it is a direct replacement for my dream car CTS-V, which I wasn't able to afford when it was available in manual).

Does Cadillac take trades for first born for CT5-BW ? ;)

Lol same here. If I could go back I would of just spent the extra for the 5 BW

On another note, can you tell me if the manual trans in the Blackwing will have the 'skip shift' feature that we all love to hate? :)
I hope not. Hated that in my SS sedan. Good thing was that it was a cheap/easy fix.

Ha great laugh, dont trade your kids even though I many times check their college funds and my 401k lol!!!
Skip shift is not on any of these cars per the reasons you have noted (we do listen!).

Once you guys get a taste of these cars the little things become exactly that, very little things. Personally I love not depending on tech and forcing myself to drive more analog, my wife is always asking me "why do you back into parking spots with all your cars".... all my cars have expensive splitters 😬

Ha great laugh, dont trade your kids even though I many times check their college funds and my 401k lol!!!
Skip shift is not on any of these cars per the reasons you have noted (we do listen!).

Once you guys get a taste of these cars the little things become exactly that, very little things. Personally I love not depending on tech and forcing myself to drive more analog, my wife is always asking me "why do you back into parking spots with all your cars".... all my cars have expensive splitters 😬
Hear hear, the technology is nice but the most important things to me is what the car is mechanically and the quality of the build. Analog is exactly what I want to hear. Before this car was announced, I was heavily considering a used 997 for that very reason. I figure I'll have time for all the fancy tech systems in the world when it's all electric.

Thank you for listening! I know we all appreciate it and I'm about to purchase my second V due to this fact. Other brands should take note.

I have to back my car into my garage every time or else the splitter scrapes! Another small sacrifice we make...

Thank you Mirza, that makes sense. I always found it funny how there are so many ways to adjust the volume with this interior design. I'm a little bummed we won't have the MFC but for a manual that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make!

I’ve never understood the heartburn with the skip shift when all you have to do is ignore the message on the dash. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve never understood the heartburn with the skip shift when all you have to do is ignore the message on the dash. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It's more than just a light, the gate literally forces you to shift from 1st to 4th if you're not going fast enough. Of course, there were ways around it but they could be hazardous to my driving record.

I’ve hated the skip shift in my 2013 Camaro SS and my 2017 Camaro ZL1....I can see why people hate it. It is easily removed or bypassed though honestly. I also hate the “hill assist” if you don’t know how to drive a manual please don’t buy one. That’s why automatic transmissions are available. The “hill assist” actually caused me to stall me engine more often than not hahaha....short rant sorry..I’ve ordered an A10 car this time anyways out of convenience because I have no intentions of tracking this car.

It's more than just a light, the gate literally forces you to shift from 1st to 4th if you're not going fast enough. Of course, there were ways around it but they could be hazardous to my driving record.
Sorry, it doesn’t appear to be like that on my 2018 ZL1 1LE. On that car, it appears to be merely a suggestion on the dash which of course I just ignore and continue on shifting normally. People with this set up still complain about it and install some kind of bypass device. I haven’t felt the need.

Sorry, it doesn’t appear to be like that on my 2018 ZL1 1LE. On that car, it appears to be merely a suggestion on the dash which of course I just ignore and continue on shifting normally. People with this set up still complain about it and install some kind of bypass device. I haven’t felt the need.
All good, that makes sense on a 1LE I guess! Yeah, I never got around to installing the eliminator, even though I know it's harmless I didn't want to screw myself with my warranty.

I’ve hated the skip shift in my 2013 Camaro SS and my 2017 Camaro ZL1....I can see why people hate it. It is easily removed or bypassed though honestly. I also hate the “hill assist” if you don’t know how to drive a manual please don’t buy one. That’s why automatic transmissions are available. The “hill assist” actually caused me to stall me engine more often than not hahaha....short rant sorry..I’ve ordered an A10 car this time anyways out of convenience because I have no intentions of tracking this car.
This will be my first MT car that I own myself, but my first experience driving manual for a significant period of time was an Skyline R33 GT-R in the mountains of Japan, no hill assist on that (I think???) so I adjusted pretty quickly! I'm sure there will be an option to turn it off on the BW.

R33 GT-R..... mountains of japan.... man that must ve been rough LOL.... my jaw is still on the floor.

hill assist is always there but you will not notice.

Last edited:
This will be my first MT car that I own myself, but my first experience driving manual for a significant period of time was an Skyline R33 GT-R in the mountains of Japan, no hill assist on that (I think???) so I adjusted pretty quickly! I'm sure there will be an option to turn it off on the BW.
What a way to learn!

What a way to learn! Except for the whole right hand drive part where you shift with your left hand. I don’t know if this old dog who hasn’t been without a stick since 16 years old could adapt.

I think because I had such little experience beforehand and because I'm a lefty, it was not bad to adjust! Driving on the opposite side of the road on the other hand was absolutely terrifying! Still would recommend giving it a shot if you ever find yourself in Japan, those cars are incredibly special.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners