Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Who here will be getting the carbon fiber packages?

Doing a comparison of the CF options vs the standard trim (non-CF), I can clearly see the "front wheel deflectors" on the CF Pkg 1. But what are the "rocker extensions" referred to in CF Pkg 2? Or is the rocker extension that little extra flare on the rocker towards the rear wheel?

Attachments

• rockers.jpg
    rockers.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 144
The whole rocker extension below the door will be carbon fiber instead of just black

The whole rocker extension below the door will be carbon fiber instead of just black

Just trying to understand the difference between Rocker Moldings and Rocker Extensions per the GM Authority article:

1616112191542.png

And the Order Guide lists them as follows:

1616112574654.png

1616112364458.png

Attachments

• 1616112150334.png
    1616112150334.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 136
I'm not interested in the package as I don't like the back wing that's included. I prefer the matching painted one. Hopefully, we will be able to buy the front and side parts separately.
The rear spoiler on the CT4-V Blackwing without carbon is always gloss black, the website shows painted in error.

#IWorkForGM
All views and opinions on here are my own and not those of Cadillac or GM.

From what I understand, the standard blackwing seats are more bolstered than the regular ct4 seats. The upgraded blackwing seats do look to have a bit more bolstering, but I think you're primarily paying for the look. That said, I wish they offered the Recaro's from the ATS-V, I would've jumped on those in a heartbeat.
The standard seats are "sport seats", so yes they have more bolstering than the standard seats on NON V Series Blackwing cars. Sport seats are really supportive and comfortable but the performance seats takes bolstering a level up.

#IWorkForGM

Just trying to understand the difference between Rocker Moldings and Rocker Extensions per the GM Authority article:

View attachment 3156

And the Order Guide lists them as follows:

View attachment 3158

View attachment 3157
Rocker molding is the painted rocker, extension is an extra piece that is snapped i to the rocker molding. It comes in gloss black standard or if you select CFV, in a different more agressive design in carbon fiber. It goes from fro t to back so very long AND the carbon is a different design, looks more agressive and flares out more especially by rear door.

I ordered both carbon packages since the second one compliments the look of the functional one and you get carbon fiber from all angles of the car front to back. One of those I didnt want to wake up and regret not having.

Ungwei, order the BTH wheel even if you do only want the sport/standard seat. Make sure that RPO is selected. I am not sure where the assumption of wheel will be included in first 250 came from, would hate for you to miss out on that amazing wheel because of $500, I will try to get this clarified for sure.

#IWorkForGM

Last edited:
The rear spoiler on the CT4-V Blackwing without carbon is always gloss black, the website shows painted in error.

#IWorkForGM
Oh man, that's not good. I left the CF option because I wanted it with matching color. This is big error in my opinion and Cadillac should at least have an option for matching painted spoiler.

With that said, like others I am also disappointed with how the whole process has been rolled out by Cadillac. Absolutely no information or details about various options and dealers are even more ill informed. With such a small window for placing order at least an online configurator should have been released so that people can see their build before ordering.

Oh man, that's not good. I left the CF option because I wanted it with matching color. This is big error in my opinion and Cadillac should at least have an option for matching painted spoiler.

With that said, like others I am also disappointed with how the whole process has been rolled out by Cadillac. Absolutely no information or details about various options and dealers are even more ill informed. With such a small window for placing order at least an online configurator should have been released so that people can see their build before ordering.
I understand your frustration and sorry to hear, the brochures.cadillac.com shows a lot of detail but unfortunately the spoiler one was an error in the computer imaging (check out the blue car that was revealed you will see a gloss black spoiler on it, maybe it ll help ease the look of it?)

These reservation programs always come a lot earlier than final information on product is released but how can I help you? What other questions/concerns can I help answer to help with the comfort? Feel free to throw images from the website if you have questions.

#IWorkForGM
All views and opinions are my own and not those of Cadillac or GM.

Rocker molding is an extra piece on the bottom rocker, so its the extension. It comes in gloss black standard or if you select CFV, in a different more agressive design in carbon fiber.

I ordered both carbon packages since the second one compliments the look of the functional one and you get carbon fiber from all angles of the car front to back. One of those I didnt want to wake up and regret not having.

Ungwei, order the BTH wheel even if you do only want the sport/standard seat. Make sure that RPO is selected. I am not sure where the assumption of wheel will be included in first 250 came from, would hate for you to miss out on that amazing wheel because of $500, I will try to get this clarified for sure.

#IWorkForGM
I ended up upgrading to the high performance bucket seats interior (cloth and leather) anyway so BTH is on the order now too as well, but thanks for the heads up! Performance wheel looks amazing, wouldn't miss it.

I understand your frustration and sorry to hear, the brochures.cadillac.com shows a lot of detail but unfortunately the spoiler one was an error in the computer imaging (check out the blue car that was revealed you will see a gloss black spoiler on it, maybe it ll help ease the look of it?)

These reservation programs always come a lot earlier than final information on product is released but how can I help you? What other questions/concerns can I help answer to help with the comfort? Feel free to throw images from the website if you have questions.

#IWorkForGM
All views and opinions are my own and not those of Cadillac or GM.
Thanks for the reply.

Few things that I would like to know... I ordered the sky gray interior with red seat belts and in pictures it shows that middle one is black. Is that the case? Why isn't it red also?

Secondly, does the center console has a USB-C plug in the back? In pictures it does not show but in one of the live videos it showed that the car had it.

Lastly, why does CT4-BW does not have an option for 360 camera like CT5?

Attachments

• 2022-Cadillac-CT4-V-Blackwing-013.jpg
    2022-Cadillac-CT4-V-Blackwing-013.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 2022-cadillac-ct4-v-blackwing-123-1612203092.jpg
    2022-cadillac-ct4-v-blackwing-123-1612203092.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 125
Thanks for the reply.

Few things that I would like to know... I ordered the sky gray interior with red seat belts and in pictures it shows that middle one is black. Is that the case? Why isn't it red also?

Secondly, does the center console has a USB-C plug in the back? In pictures it does not show but in one of the live videos it showed that the car had it.

Lastly, why does CT4-BW does not have an option for 360 camera like CT5?
The middle belt is not red because it looked akward across the black center of seat. Same goes when you get red seat belts on the black interior. It was a design choice and we tried both ways and more folks liked it black in the middle. The Tan seat belts are not as loud a color so in the tan interiors all rear belts are tan.

Yes the center console has 12 volt front and rear plugs, C and A USB plugs, wireless connection to apple carplay/android auto, however need to get back with you on locations, the A and C I believe are inside the arm rest compartment and not on the back panel. I ll verify tomorrow for both cars all consoles (auto vs manual). I did see Cs on the back too just cant rembember if CT5 only or both.

As far as 360 camera again its a choice that was made based on market and position of that vehicle I believe. The standard CT4 doesnt offer it so it was not put in on the V series Blackwing either.

#IWorkForGM
All views and opinions expressed are my own and not those of Cadillac or GM.

What other questions/concerns can I help answer to help with the comfort? Feel free to throw images from the website if you have questions.
Mizra - you may be sorry you offered this. :)

Do you know whether the two control knobs on to the lower left of the center screen come on all cars, or just those with manual transmission since the manual doesn't have the center console control knob? Some photos show the knobs there and show the knobs missing.

1617281756794.png

1617281780057.png

Thanks

Mizra - you may be sorry you offered this. :)

Do you know whether the two control knobs on to the lower left of the center screen come on all cars, or just those with manual transmission since the manual doesn't have the center console control knob? Some photos show the knobs there and show the knobs missing.

View attachment 3184

View attachment 3185

Thanks
I sure hope the knobs are there or I will go freaking crazy!

The middle belt is not red because it looked akward across the black center of seat. Same goes when you get red seat belts on the black interior. It was a design choice and we tried both ways and more folks liked it black in the middle. The Tan seat belts are not as loud a color so in the tan interiors all rear belts are tan.

Yes the center console has 12 volt front and rear plugs, C and A USB plugs, wireless connection to apple carplay/android auto, however need to get back with you on locations, the A and C I believe are inside the arm rest compartment and not on the back panel. I ll verify tomorrow for both cars all consoles (auto vs manual). I did see Cs on the back too just cant rembember if CT5 only or both.

As far as 360 camera again its a choice that was made based on market and position of that vehicle I believe. The standard CT4 doesnt offer it so it was not put in on the V series Blackwing either.

#IWorkForGM
All views and opinions expressed are my own and not those of Cadillac or GM.
Thanks for the reply.

I agree with the choice of black seat belt in the middle. Good thing is that it is removable so mine will mostly be tucked over the rear deck so won't bother.

As for the 360 camera. I don't agree with that. That should at least be a choice or at the very least there should be some sort of 360 view for the backup camera, which is available in cars half the price of CTW-BW. Similarly, at this price, I'm not sure why hands free trunk opening is not included.

The knobs are only there for manual cars. They are gone in model year 2022 for automatic cars. Reason being on auto cars you have the MFC (multi function controler) by the shifter that has a volume knob as well as the big knob/jog for selections. On manuals you do not get the MFC (as you shift you hit it especially if you wear a watch or bracelets), so it has been replaced with a bin (love that little bin). The auto does have a phone bin that is so well placed and the MFC is awesome, you can do so much with it, it spoils you.

as far as charge ports:
CT5-V Blackwing auto and manual have A and C and 12Volt inside arm rest. C and 12V for back passengers
CT4-V Blackwing manual has all three inside arm rest and a C and 12V for rear pssengers (console same as CT5-V Blackwing)
CT4-V Blackwing Auto has all three inside arm rest but only a 12V for rear passengers, no C type USB. I have an adapter with two Type As for when I get cars without UsBs and my kids use the adapter for their ipads, its a small one that inserts and has two type As works fine and something like $5.

Hope this helps and take it easy on me please 😳

#IWorkForGM
All views and opinions expressed here are my own and not those of Cadillc and GM.

Last edited:
I'm going to miss the MFC on my Blackwing because I use it in my 2020 CT5-V now so much! I also love the fact that I have knobs on the dash and the MFC, oh and Cadillac did an awesome job on the phone holder/slot on the CT5's...

Thanks for the reply.

I agree with the choice of black seat belt in the middle. Good thing is that it is removable so mine will mostly be tucked over the rear deck so won't bother.

As for the 360 camera. I don't agree with that. That should at least be a choice or at the very least there should be some sort of 360 view for the backup camera, which is available in cars half the price of CTW-BW. Similarly, at this price, I'm not sure why hands free trunk opening is not included.
A back up camera is present in all cars with guidelines for parking. 360 is cameras at bottom of side view mirrors and a camera inside the front grille added.

360 is available on the CT5 and understand some folks enjoy that feature so totally understand why some would like to have it in the CT4 as well.

#IWorkForGM
All views and opinions are my own and not those ofr Cadillac or GM.

Thank you for this @Mirza Grebovic. Answers a lot of questions we've had

Any reason the CT4 BW didn't get at least the rear camera mirror? Was looking forward to it coming from a 2016 CTS-V and seeing it on lower end Buicks but not a 60k Cadillac is a bummer

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back