Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Where have you gone with your BW

OldGoat

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5V Blackwing
So they are sleepers but it is nice when you run across someone in the know😎
There is a cruise night every Friday between Memorial day and Labor day in a town called Somerville in NJ not to far from me.
There is a steakhouse that I frequent on those Friday nights and they have valet parking right in front. As a regular they allow me to self park there, as I'm there prior to valet hours, I tip well and just leave the keys in the unlikely event that my car would need to be moved.
I usually bring my 71 BB C3 but couldn't help but bring my 5BW.
With a buddy of mine in his 19 C7 GS parked right behind me. He was laughing as he saw the kid jump and his eyes bugged out when I started up the BW:boogie He comes running to my window to ask if it was a Blackwing and was the first one to show up at cruise night.
It's nice to know that there is hope for our youth.

So they are sleepers but it is nice when you run across someone in the know😎
There is a cruise night every Friday between Memorial day and Labor day in a town called Somerville in NJ not to far from me.
There is a steakhouse that I frequent on those Friday nights and they have valet parking right in front. As a regular they allow me to self park there, as I'm there prior to valet hours, I tip well and just leave the keys in the unlikely event that my car would need to be moved.
I usually bring my 71 BB C3 but couldn't help but bring my 5BW.
With a buddy of mine in his 19 C7 GS parked right behind me. He was laughing as he saw the kid jump and his eyes bugged out when I started up the BW:boogie He comes running to my window to ask if it was a Blackwing and was the first one to show up at cruise night.
It's nice to know that there is hope for our youth.
catch up post - we headed to Greenville SC from St. Petersburg FL for TG in the BW. Covered about 1,200 miles, saw an average of 21 to 22 MPGs doing 75-90 when traffic allowed amongst some stop and go traffic. Learnings - she will creep along, with no clutch engagement, at 5 MPH in first, 9-11 MPH in second and 13-15 in 3rd. Gotta love that torque. Check out this optimistic picture after one fill up! Reality was about 340 per tank. In 4 months of ownership and now 3,000 miles, we've had less than 10 people inquire (tho probably 100 head snaps hearing us), but no one has yet asked if it IS a BW. Happy motoring.
20221126_171727.jpg

Just visited my mother in Scranton, about 250 miles round trip. Just broke 2000 on odo and saw 23.4 mpg from that trip. Average speed same 75-90, did have a blast to 165 . Early on Sunday morning and only a Tesla buzzing me on that section of highway. He was definitely not expecting that:bu

You ever make it down to NJMP in Millville? I have some family out that way but have been eyeing the track for the Yamaha race academy. Not sure how often they open it to street cars though.

I have a buddy in Vineland but haven't been down that way in quite awhile. I have another that goes down there for superbike races every year. Years and years ago would take my bike out to Lime Rock but I was living in Brooklyn back then. Might have to look into open track days in Millville

yes, that was after a fill up on a run that was not stop and go, but also not 75-90, so I guess the trip computer extrapolates that as a predictor of the next drive. NOT lol
I was really hoping you were onto something, my GOAT is a thirsty one! You car is giving false hope....I think! LOL! ;)

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners